Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I left out players from teams I went through and also 7 more teams I didn't note. So back to the original point D. Saifiti is nowhere near the top 20.
Okay then replace Finucane, Collins, Hopgood and Radley with those other 7 teams and i’ll wait

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okay then replace Finucane, Collins, Hopgood and Radley with those other 7 teams and i’ll wait
J. Bromwich
Gilbert
NAS
Welch
King
Fotuaika
Tino
Papali'i
Tapine
Horse
J. Trbojevic
AFB
Harris

D. Saifiti isn't better than anyone I've listed. Also I'm changing it to D. Saifiti isn't even a top 30 middle.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
J. Bromwich
Gilbert
NAS
Welch
King
Fotuaika
Tino
Papali'i
Tapine
Horse
J. Trbojevic
AFB
Harris

D. Saifiti isn't better than anyone I've listed. Also I'm changing it to D. Saifiti isn't even a top 30 middle.
This is hilarious. Gilbert , J Bromwich, Jurbo, Welch like wut

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These 3 will be good additions
hame-sele
jordan-grant
eddie-blacker
Definitely move on
TPJ as he isn't showing any promise which is a waste of talent.Thompson won't stay.

2024 Forwards as below
Wadell King Preston Kikau RFM Nu Brown Pele Hughes with the 3 x addtions look good

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that Okunbor has potential. His natural home is in the forwards, and with a bit of coaching he could be a great impact player for us.
Agree, needs to look for the ball and take more Carrie’s, develop an offload, but def could be a good forward option.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Wiramu Greig. Was hopeful the Dogs would throw him a bone when he was off contract at Cowboy.

On the cusp of re-signing at Parra but he will just be another bench player once RCG comes back. We need some big dogs up front whoever we sign. Club has been obsessed with the word 'mobile' when it comes to forwards. Sign some fucking forwards that go forward before you worry about 'mobility'

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Should never of let Vaughan go
Pretty sure we didnt want him to go, but he wanted to go get paid and spend some time os.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is hilarious. Gilbert , J Bromwich, Jurbo, Welch like wut
Your having a laugh if you don’t think that list is better. That said Saifiti walks into our pack, not that it’s a high bar with all our injuries

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Baseless guess:

Ryan Matterson to the dogs.

His brother dean was involved in the punch up with Schuster at Manly. Right around the time the Flanno swap rumour started.

We gave Davey to the eels, now they have also bought Joe. They have more second rowers than any other team and hopgood keeps staking his claim on the lock position.

Maybe Dean and Ryan are both coming to the dogs to reunite. We send Flanno to manly in exchange.

It’s just pure speculation but it actually makes sense with what has happened lately.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Baseless guess:

His brother dean was involved in the punch up with Schuster at Manly. Right around the time the Flanno swap rumour started.

We gave Davey to the eels, now they have also bought Joe. They have more second rowers than any other team and hopgood keeps staking his claim on the lock position.

Maybe Dean and Ryan are both coming to the dogs to reunite. We send Flanno to manly in exchange.

It’s just pure speculation but it actually makes sense with what has happened lately.
Wishful thinking. Matterson a great player and no way he’s let go I don’t think.

Lane just got ruled out for 8 weeks or something and yeh he’s in their best 3 backrower for sure.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
13. Edwards
12. Preston
11. Kikau
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. Sele
14. Topine
15. RFM, Patolo
16/17. Pele, Patolo, Blacker, Sutton, Hughes

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just had a peek at NSW Cup, these blokes are toiling away:
Zane Musgrove
Viliami Fafita
Siua Wong
Trey Mooney
Terrell May
Eddie Blacker

Extended NRL benches have guys like:
Francis Molo
Shawn Blore
Tariq Sims
Thomas Mikaele
CHN

would take anyone of these blokes.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wishful thinking. Matterson a great player and no way he’s let go I don’t think.

Lane just got ruled out for 8 weeks or something and yeh he’s in their best 3 backrower for sure.
They blew a lot of cash on Moses, Brown and Gutho already though. Add in Paulo and no doubt lane on decent coin. Might be needed to keep cap healthy at the end of a premiership window…

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lolita jr only playing on potential ruins our chances up front,we signed him to do a job that he won’t do and it’s killing us across the park.I have a feeling he’s scared of getting suspended.

We need to find a pig tackler from the country who wants to rip in under the big smoke and make a name for himself.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baseless guess:

Would be the perfect 13 for us. Has experience playing in the halves and can actually ball play.. the modern day lock

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just had a peek at NSW Cup, these blokes are toiling away:
Zane Musgrove
Viliami Fafita
Siua Wong
Trey Mooney
Terrell May
Eddie Blacker

Extended NRL benches have guys like:
Francis Molo
Shawn Blore
Tariq Sims
Thomas Mikaele
CHN

would take anyone of these blokes.
Wouldn't take Musgrove, May, Mooney, Sims or Mikaele. Also wouldn't take Okunbor, Reynolds, TPJ, Waddell or RFM.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure we didnt want him to go, but he wanted to go get paid and spend some time os.
Whatever the case , the moral of the story is that the club should of done, what needed to be done to keep Paul

At the end of the day, it does not matter now

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Finucane and Radley being here is absolutely abysmal. You can argue with the rest on ranks but 1000% those two are not better than Saifiti.
BUMP