Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it’s clear our forwards situation is poo, particularly our front rowers. Look at teams that have beaten us lately, you’ve got Raiders with Tapine, Papali’i and Horsbruh. Warriors with AFB, Afoa, Niukore etc.

Our pack is just soft.

Here’s who’s off contract end of this season… not much quality but a few worth considering imo.

Tyson Frizell. Yes, he’s a second rower, but he’s a hard cnut, which we’re severely lacking. We need some bloody mongrel. Teig Wilton is another in this category but still young.

Then you’ve got guys like Wade Graham, Taupau and Sims. All probably past it?

I don’t rate Bullemor highly but he’s probably better than a lot of our current props. There are a few in this category, like Jordan McLean, Thomas Makaele, Tepai Moeroa and Wiremu Greig, who was quite impressive last night.

I reckon we should try to sign someone like Riley Price. Obviously has links with us as his dad is a Bulldogs legend and former captain. He’s only just starting out though, so we’d also want an old head.

Lastly, you have Liam Knight, Eddie Blacker and the very undesirable, but decent player Matt Lodge.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
"Decent player Matt Lodge". You watch him play against Panthers my friend ? Actually you watch him play in general. All that off field shit aside. Lodge is pin up boy for a before and way before photo for a weight loss campaign. The asshole is a slob, slow, penalty merchant and just all round fuckin retard, I would take Frizell on a 1 year deal with club option for a 2nd year.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The off contract list is really dour, if you were looking for bench depth Bullemoor would be an option, certainly runs harder than Thompson.

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frizell is big and heavy enough to play out the rest of his days in the middle so I think we should chase him, see how Thompson goes when he comes back, if he plays well then keep him on a smaller contract then Sele for a bench role.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Frizell is big and heavy enough to play out the rest of his days in the middle so I think we should chase him, see how Thompson goes when he comes back, if he plays well then keep him on a smaller contract then Sele for a bench role.
Time is up for Thompson, he has had since Pay era to see how he goes. He is done, time is up

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are getting big Hame Sele from the Rabbits.

We don’t want a washed Aaron Woods, JWH, Taupau, Frizell, Sims or McLean. What is even worse you mentioned Matthew Lodge and Liam Knight

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thommo needs to be cleaned out with the rest of the underperforming bums

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time is up for Thompson, he has had since Pay era to see how he goes. He is done, time is up
Yeah that gravy train is over. The carry on and the flights to England to personally meet this fraud was an embarrassing joke from our previous administration. I still remember the best prop in the world headlines. **** flopped more than Sam Tomkins in the NRL

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Sele would be a good addition, probably need one more and hope one or more of Booth, Seve or Damion Williams comes on. Probs going have to raid England, off contract options are just trash. You know the NSW forward situation is bad when Spencer's Leniu a 20 min bench prop from the panthers is being argued as an option for origin.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This guy could be a King type smokey?
Claim to fame as the guy who put one on JWH chin and he got upset :grinning:

Yep, he's a big boy who was making a name for himself at the Warriors before going to the Cowboys. Has been a bit quiet since going there . Not sure if he is available but could be good

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I imagine there will be some room for early movement at the Dragons with a new coach. They have some decent forwards. I don’t love the idea of picking over their toxic club but desperate times and all that…