Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Taniela Paseka is a free agent on 1 November. I would get in his managers ear and tell him not to sign an extension with Manly before then and say that we will give him X amount good dollars on 1 November.
Signed for 2024 at Manly?

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Repeating some news but Daniel safiti is being offered around. Newcastle have some cap problems. Think bro Jacob would be a package deal tho

TheGeneralGiza

Waterboy
Reaction score
Larrybird Mucho-Patricio should replace TT vita tank uleh prop from the south sudanese buffalos.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frizell is big and heavy enough to play out the rest of his days in the middle so I think we should chase him, see how Thompson goes when he comes back, if he plays well then keep him on a smaller contract then Sele for a bench role.
Thompson going home end of season. How else would we of been able to afford Crighton and offer a deal to Ben Hunt. Gus has money aside for a hard working prop and a 7. But Thompson ship has already sailed.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Repeating some news but Daniel safiti is being offered around. Newcastle have some cap problems. Think bro Jacob would be a package deal tho
This could be worth pursuing.
We have a little cap space still left in '23, and a couple of Top 30 spots available.
Assuming $700k per season (probably wrong, but work off that) & Newcastle carrying no freight (but, you could likely get them kicking in something), you'd need say $300k this year.

From '24 Daniel could take Thompson's contract and spot.

Jacob is available '25, so depending on how things go he could roll in as TPJ rolls out, and with a bit of luck we might even be able to get that done a year early (TPJ out - JS in).

Could work (if we're interested of course).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This could be worth pursuing.
We have a little cap space still left in '23, and a couple of Top 30 spots available.
Assuming $700k per season (probably wrong, but work off that) & Newcastle carrying no freight (but, you could likely get them kicking in something), you'd need say $300k this year.

From '24 Daniel could take Thompson's contract and spot.

Jacob is available '25, so depending on how things go he could roll in as TPJ rolls out, and with a bit of luck we might even be able to get that done a year early (TPJ out - JS in).

Could work (if we're interested of course).
D. Saifiti's not even worth 500k. We're not giving him Thompson's contract/$. Knight moving him on because he's been terribly out of form for 2 years now (when comparing him to his former self). Fans want to get rid of TPJ but want to sign D. Saifiti. I'm not sure they're watching other games... We need marquees. Not wasting decent money on someone like D. Saifiti who's anywhere between not that great and low quality (rare these days) depending on the week.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
D. Saifiti's not even worth 500k. We're not giving him Thompson's contract/$. Knight moving him on because he's been terribly out of form for 2 years now (when comparing him to his former self). Fans want to get rid of TPJ but want to sign D. Saifiti. I'm not sure they're watching other games... We need marquees. Not wasting decent money on someone like D. Saifiti who's anywhere between not that great and low quality (rare these days) depending on the week.
Did Saf fuck your sister? Genuine question btw. A starting rep player for his country and for the blues isn’t ‘marquee’ LOL

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Okunbor has potential. His natural home is in the forwards, and with a bit of coaching he could be a great impact player for us.
If we are going to have a young forward on the bench I’d prefer we invest in Patolo as a middle or Kautoga on the edge

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did Saf fuck your sister? Genuine question btw. A starting rep player for his country and for the blues isn’t ‘marquee’ LOL
That was years ago, he's nowhere near that level now. Using your logic we should bring Napa back because he started for QLD. D. Saifiti is nowhere near marquee. He isn't even a top 20 middle in the NRL.

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sele,
Bullemor
Grieg

they are the three i like most out everyone, all of them should be relatively cheap nothing over 500k

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was years ago, he's nowhere near that level now. Using your logic we should bring Napa back because he started for QLD. D. Saifiti is nowhere near marquee. He isn't even a top 20 middle in the NRL.
Ok then name 20 better middles than Saifiti

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok then name 20 better middles than Saifiti
Haas
Carrigan
Leota
JFH
Yeo
JWH
Collins
Radley
Tatola
Murray
Paulo
RCG
Matterson
Hopgood
Finucane
Klemmer
Cotter
Lolo

I'm only 10 teams in do I need to keep going. If you're going to come @ me at least think about what you're going to say beforehand.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Saifiti isn't coming here. People can relax.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Haas
Carrigan
Leota
JFH
Yeo
JWH
Collins
Radley
Tatola
Murray
Paulo
RCG
Matterson
Hopgood
Finucane
Klemmer
Cotter
Lolo

I'm only 10 teams in do I need to keep going. If you're going to come @ me at least think about what you're going to say beforehand.
Finucane and Radley being here is absolutely abysmal. You can argue with the rest on ranks but 1000% those two are not better than Saifiti.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Finucane and Radley being here is absolutely abysmal. You can argue with the rest on ranks but 1000% those two are not better than Saifiti.
I left out players from teams I went through and also 7 more teams I didn't note. So back to the original point D. Saifiti is nowhere near the top 20. He also isn't better than Finucane and Radley.