Off Contract Forwards - Any Worth Pursuing?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep, he's a big boy who was making a name for himself at the Warriors before going to the Cowboys. Has been a bit quiet since going there . Not sure if he is available but could be good
Zero Tackle has him off contract. Had some injuries.
Another in that category is Tuki Simpkins.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As always it's not just limited to who is off contract. As dire as that list looks, there are always several options that break contracts eventually. Hopefully someone decent becomes available because we badly need an enforcer and true pack leader to teach all of these jersey grabbers how to tackle like you mean it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My order of priority would be Sele, Waerea-Hargreaves, Frizell, Blacker, Taunoa-Brown, McLean & Mikaele.
We need to let go of Thompson, Waddell, Patolo & Okunbor

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need some forwards who are established in their mid 20s I believe, we need athletes ready to go who aren't weak we can get a few years out of to help us move forward

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Slim pickings

Whats there - Scott Sorensen and Luke Thompson on a reduced rate

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I like the idea of Jai arrow. Contracted till end of 24. But may be able to get him a year early due to the Wighton situation. May need to release a player in return to make it happen. I cringe to think what damage Skelton could do to us playing for South's. Arrow is the sort of player we need. Big enough to bend the line but fit enough to do the dirty work.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully a few good players can be enticed to leave contracts early (legally of course!). One of the Saifiti boys is on the outer apparently and would be worth a shot. Stefano has loads of potential and a good engine. Mo from the titans would be great and their salary cap would have to be stretched. add one of these to Hame Sele (hopefully), a fit pele and max king and things might be looking up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kickau got any big Fijian mates?
No point hitting the panic button yet, haven't got the best out of Thompson or Kickau but our forwards are not real scary at the moment.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe some to consider that are off contract ( I left out Lodge & McLean )
Props & Middles is what we lack & need.

Apparently we are very close to signing him.

https://www.zerotackle.com/players/hame-sele/

Last edited:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't JWH extend with the roosters for another year? He's cooked anyway so wouldn't want him.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blacker and/or Sele. From our middles retain King, Edwards, Preston...wait on Pele and see how Patolo and Hughes go over the 10 weeks. Thompson over priced, TPJ over priced, RFM is best as a benchie now and the same with Sutton. Morrin is a benchie reserve at best currently. Waddell move on.