Opinion Obviously winning wont change "hypocrites"

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an extremely naive post.
As Bulldogs fans, we all delighted to get the win.
However our position on the ladder, style of play and structure remain poor.
Our win last night came down to 2 key things, that I’ve not seen much of in 2018/9.
1. Energy, Pay can take some credit for whatever his motivational powers were this week, but that has been lacking and will only get you a few wins a year. We didn’t play great footy.
2. Luck, we have been heavily referred against all year, Paul Kent even referencing this point that top sides generally get all the 50/50s. Last night while watching with my wife, I must have said 4/5 times in the second half the luck is with us this week. Several 50/50 calls went our way.

If you feel Pay is the great coach to take us forward, I respect your view, however for me he is a million miles off being a great coach and will further disappoint if he’s kept on.
The past two weeks is more like a Chris Anderson game plan.. More ball movement, a couple up the middle and get the ball out wide..

At the end of the day a couple of wins is awesome, and that little 5/8 is a gun in the making..

Napa did have a poor game but the forwards stood up.. Naps would be still hurting with missing the Maroons.. Maybe kicking stones

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im ready to be flamed by Horse and Twin turbo etc etc and that's fine. As much as i bag the players and coach and get called a negative supporter on here, Unlike them i proudly wear my Bulldogs jacket to work everyday and cop shit and laughs from everyone at work. Its all good banter .
Where do you work Moey? Happy to swing by and confirm the wearing of the jacket and potty mouth ;)
Also, which jacket are you referring to? We haven’t made many decent one’s...

We’ve disagreed on here a number of times but you always back your word and if you see some improvement in any players you’ll at least admit you were wrong and give some credit.

Ps. Would like to see how many of Elliott’s metres were sideways, he just looks out of control when he’s out there...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think our defence has improved and DWZ has a lot to do with it organising from the back. CHN said after the game that they focused heavily on it during the bye week after the game. The improved defence has kept us in the contest longer and allowed us to get in the arm wrestle. We haven’t really done anything different in attack we have just stopped the opposition getting that go ahead try that puts us out of range.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have never questioned Pays passion nor the players passion for the jerseys. They have plenty of that.
I always thought he should be given a fair go. Whether that's 2 or 3 seasons is upto all to decide. Do I think he has what it takes to get us a premiership, from what I've seen so far, probably not.
I actually think he would be a top coach for our under 20s side. Lot less pressure and is willing to experiment. He would enjoy it alot more I think.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The majority of comments after this win against NEWCASTLE is embarrassing.

So a team with no experience and apparently 90% of the players are not in many of your future bulldogs teams.

To win now 2 in a row is not a fluke. Against 2 top 8 teams. Especially Newcastle in Newcastle is not an easy thing to do.
It is pure heart and motivation. And this can only be from the preparation they the team has got from the coaching staff.

Majority Blame Pay when we LOSE that is fair enough "regardless we have the most inexperienced team in the NRL".
You make comments like well the coach is accountable.

When we win that Methodology MUST then be used. Give the coach credit.
we have started to win because of great passion and leadership from our coach. And this passion is seen in the COACHES box.

If you look back a few weeks I made similar comments supporting PAY.

All I can say is to the majority that have "Keayboarditis" you will never be the man DEAN PAY IS. One of the best players during his playing career and is an ammature coach with the least experienced team.

If you can disrespect him with all the comments I have read about him on here. Then all I can say is you are "NO BODIES". this directed at the Computer cowards and you know who you are. Having a toss while giving pay a word bash.

Sorry Dean, you are still shit coach

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where do you work Moey? Happy to swing by and confirm the wearing of the jacket and potty mouth ;)

We’ve disagreed on here a number of times but you always back your word and if you see some improvement in any players you’ll at least admit you were wrong and give some credit.

Ps. Would like to see how many of Elliott’s metres were sideways, he just looks out of control when he’s out there...
I could tell you then i would have to kill you.. haha

I do give credit where its due, have no issue with that. I was happy when we signed pay and even bought into his talk, until a few matches into 2018 and realised he was a bum.
Actually one of my good work mates knows Dean Pay personally, and he hates it when i put shit on Pay, tries to defend him but it turns into an argument as if i was here on the forum haha

Bought it last year from Bulldogs store so would say recent one.

As for Elliott, not sure if you are being sarcastic, you know how much i hate him. He plays 1 decent game every few months lol

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Ps that offer to come past is still there, live not far from you if memory serves me correct.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The skill level to compete for much more than not finishing last just isn't there. It's been a great weekend for the Bulldogs, but it would be pretty silly to think the team doesn't need quite a few name changes and the coach isn't easily replaceable.

We're second last, right where we finished last year, lots of new faces are going to be needed for us to move up the at least 8 spots we need to.

Cool win, I enjoyed it a lot. Pay has still done nothing but fail as a head coach though, once you put aside the feel good moment.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I could tell you then i would have to kill you.. haha

I do give credit where its due, have no issue with that. I was happy when we signed pay and even bought into his talk, until a few matches into 2018 and realised he was a bum.
Actually one of my good work mates knows Dean Pay personally, and he hates it when i put shit on Pay, tries to defend him but it turns into an argument as if i was here on the forum haha

Bought it last year from Bulldogs store so would say recent one.

As for Elliott, not sure if you are being sarcastic, you know how much i hate him. He plays 1 decent game every few months lol
Yeah, it was sarcasm man, just does my head in. I’ve always tried to like the bloke but he makes that pretty hard as he just plays like a chook with his head chopped off...

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your theory that if the coach is accountable for losing then the coach must also be accountable for winning... is the same as mine.

In other words when pay imposes game plans they lose and when he doesn't they win.

We won last night because Pay 'allowed' our team to play what's in front of them.

Jackson proved my theory by his halftime interview coming off the field where he spoke about strategy for when they come back 2nd half and countering the oppositions kick to the corner play

JJ was more involved than I've ever seen him.. Our tries were scored through sheer opportunity and luck . Dwz playing like a boss and players played for each other.

There were no tricks or attacking strategies

Apart from pay being passionate about the team winning (and saving his job) there was nothing else to see from him.
And Lichaa was aloud to run. Played his best game in a long time. Obviously Pay is to be commended for this but ridiculed when he wasn't allowing him to. So the coach has to take the rap for wins and criticism when they lose

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, it was sarcasm man, just does my head in. I’ve always tried to like the bloke but he makes that pretty hard as he just plays like a chook with his head chopped off...
Issue is, you have commentators and reporters who talk Elliot up as well and Pay buys into it. If Pay gave players in Nsw cup as much game time as Elliot has had over last 2 years, we would honestly have a bit better squad ie Toomaga and Ogden..

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Real world mentality. We're realistic about the cattle he currently has at his disposal and their capabilities.

If you took a look at our squad at the start of the year and demanded significant results-based improvement from the get-go then you're a moron.
Where is the basic skills improvement for these players that a coach and his staff should be improving? We are still making basic errors and that’s on Pay. He’s not at an NRL standard despite being a nice guy.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No point in abusing Pay, let's get behind him until the end of the season.

Get an experienced coach in for 2021 and give him the war chest. Pay would make a good assistant coach, he clearly has passion for the club and he did well last season with a poor roster. The roster is now even less experienced and worse this season. If he avoids the spoon he has done well.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your theory that if the coach is accountable for losing then the coach must also be accountable for winning... is the same as mine.

In other words when pay imposes game plans they lose and when he doesn't they win.

We won last night because Pay 'allowed' our team to play what's in front of them.

Jackson proved my theory by his halftime interview coming off the field where he spoke about strategy for when they come back 2nd half and countering the oppositions kick to the corner play

JJ was more involved than I've ever seen him.. Our tries were scored through sheer opportunity and luck . Dwz playing like a boss and players played for each other.

There were no tricks or attacking strategies

Apart from pay being passionate about the team winning (and saving his job) there was nothing else to see from him.
This too is your opinion not facts

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Get an experienced coach in for 2021 and give him the war chest. Pay would make a good assistant coach, he clearly has passion for the club and he did well last season with a poor roster. The roster is now even less experienced and worse this season. If he avoids the spoon he has done well.
2021 is too late brother for a real coach. Has to be next year to implement his style, tactics and also his shopping list.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Nope. I'll get behind him when he actually does something worth getting behind.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You do realise that Pay did the exact same thing last season? A few scrappy hard fought wins and people ignore the massive issues with Pay for one and a half years. That's exactly what happened with Des for the last four years and look how that ended up?

Pay was essentially fired before these last two wins and now I can easily see the board holding off on looking for a replacement if we get a few more wins. Which would be a disaster and complete mistake which could set the club back further long term..

Last edited:

Grechy21

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So a team with no experience and apparently 90% of the players are not in many of your future bulldogs teams.

To win now 2 in a row is not a fluke. Against 2 top 8 teams. Especially Newcastle in Newcastle is not an easy thing to do.
It is pure heart and motivation. And this can only be from the preparation they the team has got from the coaching staff.

Majority Blame Pay when we LOSE that is fair enough "regardless we have the most inexperienced team in the NRL".
You make comments like well the coach is accountable.

When we win that Methodology MUST then be used. Give the coach credit.
we have started to win because of great passion and leadership from our coach. And this passion is seen in the COACHES box.

If you look back a few weeks I made similar comments supporting PAY.

All I can say is to the majority that have "Keayboarditis" you will never be the man DEAN PAY IS. One of the best players during his playing career and is an ammature coach with the least experienced team.

If you can disrespect him with all the comments I have read about him on here. Then all I can say is you are "NO BODIES". this directed at the Computer cowards and you know who you are. Having a toss while giving pay a word bash.

Thanks Dean