2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he will surprise alot on here
1) mbye
6)brown
7)foz
9)lichha
Could be a good spine but will take time to gel
That will probably be the slowest spine in the comp.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will probably be the slowest spine in the comp.
You seem to criticise everyones ideas but never come up with a solution. So come up with a better spine with the roster we have?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tigers had quickest spine in comp for years, where did that get em.........
I don't see your point? I didn't say you need the fastest spine, but that spine listed is too slow and lacks footwork. Our backs aren't exactly stacked for pace and our forwards are again probably close to the slowest in the comp, we just need that extra bit of pace and footwork in key positions across the park imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye super quick. When the cowboys won the comp was there spine quick or sharks?
Cowboys had Morgan and Granville, arguably the fastest players in those positions. Sharks had Barba who is speedster with amazing footwork and Maloney/Townsend who both have reasonable pace and footwork.

When i'm talking about speed, i'm not just talking about how fast they can run in a straight line. I'm talking about their acceleration, deceleration, agility, top speed, etc.

My point is that overall we are a very slow side. That spine listed is too slow imo. Other than Moses, i expect the others to struggle to even go 40 and make it over the line. A lack of speed also makes it easier for the defence to contain us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you put Cleeland there then who goal kicks for us? Plus who does the general play kicking as Forans hammies are fucked?
Mbye goal kicks of course. Im sure he can improve if he spends a whole lot of time with Hazem.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye goal kicks of course. Im sure he can improve if he spends a whole lot of time with Hazem.
Dont get me wrong I like Cleeland also. But general play kicking and goal kicking will be an issue. As for Frawley no fucking way. So its between Cleeland and Brown for mine. Cleeland is untested at nrl level while brown hasnt exactly set the world on fire. But if he plays behind hopefully a dominant dogs forward pack then he might go well.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for Mbye goal kicking no way. He will already have his hands full learning to play fullback. If thats where he actually plays. Just quietly I reckon Mbye kills it at fullback.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cowboys had Morgan and Granville, arguably the fastest players in those positions. Sharks had Barba who is speedster with amazing footwork and Maloney/Townsend who both have reasonable pace and footwork.

When i'm talking about speed, i'm not just talking about how fast they can run in a straight line. I'm talking about their acceleration, deceleration, agility, top speed, etc.

My point is that overall we are a very slow side. That spine listed is too slow imo. Other than Moses, i expect the others to struggle to even go 40 and make it over the line. A lack of speed also makes it easier for the defence to contain us.
I think being smart between the ears is more important than speed for the spine. As long as your fullback is quick which ours will be if Mbye plays there.

Foran has to get back to his best. Otherwise we are no chance.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he will surprise alot on here
1) mbye
6)brown
7)foz
9)lichha
Could be a good spine but will take time to gel
You're correct; any new combination will take time to mesh. We shouldn't expect too much for the first part of the season, but there has to be signs of commitment from game one.

I've never minded watching us lose, as long as we made the other side earn their win. In the days of the Dogs of War, there weren't too many sides that won their next game after beating us - we took too much out of them.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think being smart between the ears is more important than speed for the spine. As long as your fullback is quick which ours will be if Mbye plays there.

I agree. While foran of old had smarts and physicality (he was fast), foran of New assuming his body cant be rehabbed should atleast retain his footy brain. My only concern is that he carries the ball to the line... can he still do that?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

That isn't the point, the point is that the side is slow and we need some speed in key positions. You can be as smart as you want but without enough speed you just wont be as effective. Foran can barely run, we need someone alongside him that can or atleast posses some good footwork. We need someone that can beat his man while running the ball.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That isn't the point, the point is that the side is slow and we need some speed in key positions. You can be as smart as you want but without enough speed you just wont be as effective. Foran can barely run, we need someone alongside him that can or atleast posses some good footwork. We need someone that can beat his man while running the ball.
Mbye will be running off Foran so why do we need a 5/8 with footwork and speed. As opposed to a 5/8 thats smart kicks to corners etc?

Speed in the havles isnt the be all. Have a look at the storm in 2016 Green and Cronk aint exactly quick. As long as the fullback the thats the main thing.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you watch Nu Brown closely he actually does have decent footwork. His no Milford but his footwork isnt as slow or as bad as you make it out to be.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read what I said about Foran. If he doesnt return to his best then we are no chance. When I say his best I mean 2011 manly best.

If Foran doesnt return to his best then I will agree with you that our halves are shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.