Official Nu Brown on the challenges of being injured.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure he was signed by Hasler and the previous board, as others have said don't think Pay rates him or would have signed him if it was his choice.
Signed in 2017 for 2 years, being 2018 and 2019. This is his last contracted year with us, so if he doesn't shine (consistently) this year then he's gone (IMHO of course). I'm sure he knows this, so let's see how he goes.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being ripped is good but its not footy fit he needs the miles in his legs from pre season and unfortunately he's missed most of it.
Of course I agree, I just meant that it is on the improve.
Given that he cant run yet, he looks like he is at least putting in the effort.
Its hard to replace match fitness without lots of running and game time.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have mentioned based on potential he should be a solid bench player/utility. Can fill in the backline halves and hooker at a pinch. And in my opinion has more attack to his game then baby Marshall.

But totally a mental thing with him. And some players don’t pull the finger out until they get to almost the end. Others (tony willians) never embrace a last chance at all.

Hopefully the young fella has a strong season and helps us build a successful year. But there is more then a bit of optimism in that statement :p

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He actually believed that by putting his phone in the microwave for 60seconds it would be fully recharged!!!!!
I knew it was something dumb like that .. I think his team mates convinced him it would work

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In fairness, he was lucky to get 20 minutes a game last year in NRL. One game 22, the other 26, all others under 20.

I think the NSW Cup premiership will give him a boost in confidence as well. The attributes and ability is there, he just needs consistency and almost to calm down and slow down a bit.

In NSW Cup last year he was lethal from dummy half (and also how he scored his try in first grade this year). There was also a game he played at fulback where he was killing it before going down injured.

He's our best #9 option at the club when fully fit.

If he wants a career longer than this year with the Dogs, he needs to come out absolutely firing when fit, and take that #9 jersey from Lichaa and JMK.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Signed in 2017 for 2 years, being 2018 and 2019. This is his last contracted year with us, so if he doesn't shine (consistently) this year then he's gone (IMHO of course). I'm sure he knows this, so let's see how he goes.

Go Dogs
I hope he's given a genuine chance. I know he didn't get off to a good start with Pay and was sent home from training at one stage. It's a shame he won't have a decent off season to prove himself.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Another Ben Roberts unfortunately.............
I'd almost say that Brown is a poor man's Ben Roberts.

Never seen him turn in a complete 80 minute performance in any grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Poor bloke, has to play for a club with a coach that hates him. Will never be a good consistent player but offers far more than certain other players that will be in the team.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s be honest it’s gonna take a couple months into the season before he’s even ready for first grade.. he hasn’t ran since last season

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let’s be honest it’s gonna take a couple months into the season before he’s even ready for first grade.. he hasn’t ran since last season
He was running on it, but in pain, hence the decision to have surgery and get it corrected. Theres footage floating around of him on a treadmill really early in the off season.