NSW squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mr_Rodriguez said:
7. Brett Sherwin (happy Hammer? lol
Is it that hard to remember his name is breNt, and you call yourself a bulldogs supporter :p

MrCharisma said:
Fact: Sherwin will never play Origin

Why?

Look at the long list of great halfbacks. You've got Johns and Kimmorely who are experienced as hell but soon will retire. Then you've got Craig Gower who owns the position followed by up and comers like Matt Orford, Matt Head and Brett Finch.
Dude, on his day Sherwin is better than any other half in the league, with the exception of bucket ass. He is a way better player than Kimmorley and Gower IMO. I think theyre both way too over rated. How do you classify Matt Orford as an up and comer? He's older than Sherwin, and Finch is around the same age. The fact Finch played Origin is a joke, if Fittler didn't play, he wouldn't of played, simple as that.

M

MrCharisma

Orford is really only coming into form now, thats why I classified him as an up and comer

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
PARNoIR said:
Is it that hard to remember his name is breNt, and you call yourself a bulldogs supporter
i say his name fast and when i write it i dont think alright? lol :grinning:
how embarrasing

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Minichiello; 2. Tahu; 3. Lewis; 4. Cooper; 5. Rooney; 6. Barrett; 7. Johns; 8. O'Meley; 9. Buderus; 10. Ryles; 11. Hindmarsh; 12. Fitzgibbon; 13. Morrison... 14. Wing; 15. Mason; 16. Bailey, L.; 17. Ryan

2krazy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Minichello
2. King/Tahu
3. Cooper
4. Cross/Gidley
5. Rooney
6. Barret
7. Noddy
8. Ryles
9. Buderus
10. Omely
11. Ryan
12. hindmarsh
13. Fitzgibbon

14. FLectcher
15. Bailey
16. Mason
17. Wing

Best NSW side possible

Reaction score
2krazy said:
1. Minichello
2. King/Tahu
3. Cooper
4. Cross/Gidley
5. Rooney
6. Barret
7. Noddy
8. Ryles
9. Buderus
10. Omely
11. Ryan
12. hindmarsh
13. Fitzgibbon

14. FLectcher
15. Bailey
16. Mason
17. Wing

Best NSW side possible
Is this the best NSW side following the retirement or death of Andrew Johns or something?

Shifty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
MrCharisma said:
Fact: Sherwin will never play Origin

Why?

Look at the long list of great halfbacks. You've got Johns and Kimmorely who are experienced as hell but soon will retire. Then you've got Craig Gower who owns the position followed by up and comers like Matt Orford, Matt Head and Brett Finch.

You need Wing. His utility value is always under-rated. He's the Chris Flannery of NSW but far better. Always impressive in every position his played and a real dynamo in the centres. He's the perfect replacement for Buderus when he gets tired
I agree that Sherwin will probably never play Origin, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be there.

Gower is one of the best club half backs, but he goes missing in the big games. Come finals and rep games Gower does not rise to the occasion, same with Anasta, same with Scott Hill. Hopefully Gower's rep career is over, he just doesn't make the grade.

Melbourne will never win the Premiership while the Dogs are still in it. A huge factor in that is Sherwin's dominance over Orford. Orford is a fantastic half-back, but Sherwin has his measure. While Sherwin is fit and available he should always be picked ahead of Orford.

Brett Firman, Matty Head, Todd Carney are all coming through, but they lack the experience and are yet to show the ability of Sherwin. No doubt they have the potential to challenge in years to come.

Brett Kimmorley, like him or not, is the only player who has proven himself at both club and rep level in John's absence. In Sherwin's case he simply has not been given a chance, but Kimmorley has proven himself when given the chance and earnt the right to be chosen ahead of him.

John's deserves all the credit he gets for his ability and even if his form doesn't get back to that of 2001 it will be hard to argue that he does not deserve selection. It will be interesting to see if Kimmorley, or even Sherwin, can show enough to overcome Johns reputation.

H

Howlett

U clowns

The ultimate Blues team

1. Minichello
2. Lewis
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. Rooney
6. Barrett
7. Johns
8. O'Meley
9. Buderus
10. Clinton
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Wing
15. Mason
16. L Bailey
17. Fletcher

18. Gower

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1.Minichiello
2.Rooney
3.Cross
4.Cooper
5.El Masri
6.Anasta
7.Johns
8.O'Meley
9.Buderus
10.Bailey
11.Hindmarsh
12.Ryan
13.Fitzgibbon

14.Mason
15.Wing
16.Ryles
17.Waterhouse

18.Sherwin

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Minichello
2. Tahu
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. Rooney
6. Barrett
7. Johns
8. O'Meley
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ryan
13. Fitzgibon

14. Mason
15. Wing
16. Fletcher
17. Timmins

my opinion of best team :grinning:

L

Lobo

Its tough to make judgement till a month away from SoO. People got to perform and play football first.

Reaction score
Itll be interesting to see whos the closest with their sides.

But there's always gonna be a bolter. Unless everyone is 100% fit

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr_Rodriguez said:
if you were a NSW selector and decided the 17 man squad for game 1 what would your team be? we can do this again just before SOO 1 but for now before the NRL season starts and before you see the form of all the players it'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

(ps your the selector, not what you think the real selectors will come up with so NO Stgeorge players.lol.......well only if you believe they deserve a place)
anyway my NSW Team

1.Anthony Minichello
2.Hazem El Masri
3.Ryan Cross
4.Luke Lewis
5.Luke Rooney
6.Trent Barrett (Strickly only if 100% and in fine form)
7.Andrew Johns (if 100%)
8.Mark O'Meley
9.Danny Buderus
10.Ryan O'Hara
11.Nathan Hindmarsh
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Braith Anasta
INTERCHANGE
14.Phil Bailey(if 100%)
15.Willie Mason
16.Brett Kite
17.Brett Sherwin

Sherwin comes off the bench for Buderus pushing johns into hooker
but man i starting this thread thinking how easy it would be to name my own SOO NSW team but man its hard.[/QUOTE

WHO IS BRETT SHERWIN?????????????????????????????

O'HARA are you on drugs?

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My side for the SOO series

1. AnthonyMinichello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Cooper
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Luke Rooney
6. Trent Barret/Braith Anasta (Pending on form)
7. Johns/Kimmorley (Pending on form)
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus/Luke Priddis (If buderus is injured, priddis should step up)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Willie Mason
15. Craig Wing
16. Joel Clinton
17. Trent Waterhouse

18. Brent Sherwin

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Premiers04 said:
My side for the SOO series

1. AnthonyMinichello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt Cooper
4. Mark Gasnier
5. Luke Rooney
6. Trent Barret/Braith Anasta (Pending on form)
7. Johns/Kimmorley (Pending on form)
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Danny Buderus/Luke Priddis (If buderus is injured, priddis should step up)
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Craig Fitzgibbon

14. Willie Mason
15. Craig Wing
16. Joel Clinton
17. Trent Waterhouse

18. Brent Sherwin
I reckon that is the NSW side right there!! I know I said earlier half the roosters and Dragons, but that is realistic and the players you put depending on form that is right too!!!
But in all fairness Sherwin if he plays as well as last year should be fighting with Kimmorley and Johns for Halfback as well, but yeah I reckon he will be kept the 18th man!!! hopefully that changes to number 1!!

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it changes to number 1 as well bulldogs84 but with the NSW selectors and the way they are, they will continually snub sherwin and orford, to be the NSW no.7

Status
Not open for further replies.