NSW Origin star Josh Addo-Carr has ‘no regrets’ about joining Bulldogs next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Addo-Carr has declared his full commitment to joining Canterbury, refusing to concede the club’s wooden-spoon position can’t be overcome.
In a case of music to the ears of defeat-fatigued Bulldogs supporters, the NSW Origin winger has doubled-down on his confidence in joining the club next year.

“I’ve got no regrets at all,’’ Addo-Carr said of his commitment to join Canterbury on a four-year deal from 2022. “I’m staying solid.

“Why can’t we be a better team next year? “Who’s to say that we can’t?

“Everyone has their opinions, but why can’t we build something special at Canterbury?

Josh Addo-Carr is committed to joining the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images

Josh Addo-Carr is committed to joining the Bulldogs. Picture: Getty Images
“I’m definitely going to miss the Storm and everyone involved at the club. I’ve got lifelong friends with every single one of them. I’m going to miss them. But life is too short.

“It’s time to spend more time with family and be around the mob (in Sydney).’’

Addo-Carr had been targeted by Wests Tigers last season on a contract that would’ve included him making the move to fullback. However, he said no such arrangement or promise had been made during his contract negotiations with the Bulldogs.

The Blues flyer admitted, though, he was open to a positional switch from wing to either fullback, or even centre, where he played as a junior.

“I used to play everywhere in the backline in the under-20s,” Addo-Carr said.

“I loved playing centres and I think I could make the move, again, why can’t I? But not once has it been discussed.”

Addo-Carr will leave the Storm at the end of this season after four years at the club and two life-changing premierships.

Turning 26 next month, the tryscorer nicknamed ‘The Foxx’ says he owes much of his success to one man – Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy.

“He’s the man — I love him so much,’’ Addo-Carr said. “He’s such a good fella.

Josh Addo-Carr has won two premierships with the Storm. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images

Josh Addo-Carr has won two premierships with the Storm. Picture: Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images

“He understands players and what players go through with the sacrifices that we make to go down and live in Melbourne.

“He’s so close with everyone. He doesn’t treat anyone differently, whether you’ve been in the team for one day or you’re Cameron Smith, who has played 400 games. The foundations he has set has built the club to what it is today.

“Being with him, I’ve learned how to play rugby league. He’s taught me that all the little things you do in rugby league, build into big things.

“He’ll send me a special text message before the game on Wednesday – that’s the type of guy he is.’’

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only dream this guys energy brushes over the whole team and becomes infectious .
Looks like Johnston to the burrow.
I think averilo and Burton with a gun hooker will be fine.
Over to you Laundys

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t this an old article or are they still asking him if he has changed his mind ? He’s already said this almost word for word I’ve read it before ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We just have to keep everything crossed his winning mentality gets passed on to the playing group here rather then the current loser mentality infecting him.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many times does he have to say this. This is about the 3rd time he has spoken about it. He is leaving the Storm because his ex partner moved to Sydney with their child. He wants to be closer to his son Foxx

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So sick and tired about hearing journalists continually ask if he has regrets, fark clearly he’d rather talk about why he loves footy and his family, maybe get to know the bloke and not put a club down that keeps you lot in your jobs, when we turn it around I hope they give them very little...