nsw hooker spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if danny buderus doesnt get better in time for the game three origin who do you think has been the standout out hooker to fill the spot. nrl website say wing on to start side gower on bench, panther coach thinks priddis auto pick for it.

i think riddel should get it he has been playing good footy this yr and would be good for the team. dont like him but he is the go for me. OR THE NUGGET

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
I think wing will get it or priddis. Riddel has been playing really well but i doubt that he will get in over priddis or wing

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Priddis should get the spot but they will do something gay like pick Gower out of position.

Riddell is no chance, sorry champ.

YoUnG_DoG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
pftttttt. riddle wouldnt be picked for origin at all, they would opt for a more mobile person..

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know he wont ever get picked but he is very damaging ball runner from dummy half and hard to stop from ten out.

either way we know the selectors will go by name not performance

broncosmitch

Broncos Ball Boy
Reaction score
id pick priddis, and id drop mcguire from queensland for peter-john(PJ)Marsh

A

atomic_crimson

i would go priddis... no need for gower... gower only got rep duties cos panthers won the gf...

H

Hazmak

I would go for no-one.

Wing can play 80 mins...and use the extra bench spot for another forward.

Probably Watmough.

If I was NSW coach....
I would put Menzies in the Centres (Because Rooney is gone) => 1 Free Bench Spot
Move Wing to Hooker and let him play 80 mins => Another Free Bench Spot => 2 Spots

1st Bench Spot: Watmough (or any other in form forward)
2nd Bench Spot: O'Meley (or any other in from Prop)

Stubbsie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would have to be priddis although he didn't perform well in the test missing 8 tackles.

Stubbsie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well they said in the paper that wing will start if buderus is out. That would probaly move anasta to the bench and barret to 5/8 or visa versa.

spannaforce

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Priddis for sure..Wing is better coming off the bench...he will have zero impact starting...Wing is not as formidable as he used to be

lockyer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hazmak said:
I would go for no-one.

Wing can play 80 mins...and use the extra bench spot for another forward.

Probably Watmough.

If I was NSW coach....
I would put Menzies in the Centres (Because Rooney is gone) => 1 Free Bench Spot
Move Wing to Hooker and let him play 80 mins => Another Free Bench Spot => 2 Spots

1st Bench Spot: Watmough (or any other in form forward)
2nd Bench Spot: O'Meley (or any other in from Prop)
Smart man, you know your football.

Wing can play 80 mins so whats the point of bringing in another hooker? sure, you might lose some impact off the bench, but wing can get the job done... and done well i might add. which leaves a bench spot for a forward.

Menzies in the centres is a bit of a gamble, but he is a top player and would handle it... but its still a gamble.

If Shrek is fit, and i mean FIT, at LEAST 90%... because origin aint no weekend NRL game... then he would be a great PROP to but on the bench...

If that happens... it might be a long night for QLD.

H

Hazmak

lockyer said:
Smart man, you know your football.

Menzies in the centres is a bit of a gamble, but he is a top player and would handle it... but its still a gamble.
I only said Menzies in the centres coz he has played there b4, and he played there in Origin 2 when they re-shuffled the backline when rooney was gone.

It was King and Menzies on one wing, and Gaz and Cooper on the Other.....and it worked..

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Luke Priddis should start at hooker for NSW, with Wing coming off the bench. Barrett will play 5/8th pushing Anasta to lock, BK and Fitzgibbon to the second row, and Hindmarsh on the bench. I thought Simpson was exceptional, one of Ryles and Bailey should miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.