NSW GOVT IN SPORTS FUNDING RORTS AS WELL

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pork barrelling is as old as politics itself.

It also reinforced my views that party politics should stay well out of local councils.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
So are they going to reimburse us with some of our taxes?

Lowering taxes so I can keep more of my wage would be a start?

Never going to be able to settle down and start a family thanks to how ridiculous and out of control everything is!

I love how people like Mark Latham sit around scratching their heads wondering why a lot of young people don't marry anymore?

Easy answer, with the way you dumb hippy boomer fucks have fucked us with your greed, wanting a bit more for yourselves has sold out future generations!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clearly if liberal are in they arent going to support labor electorates and vice versa why would they

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you put politicians in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. No matter which political party they represent they are all born fucking liars.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They we’re overlooked and the money redirected to the SFS fiasco.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...sports-grants-slush-fund-20200117-p53san.html

Canterbury Bankstown Council, the biggest local government area in NSW, along with Blacktown, Liverpool and Campbelltown councils were all overlooked. Those areas are home to more than 1 million people.

I’ve known of clubs spending anywhere between $500,000 and $1,000,000 to lay synthetic surface. $2,500,000 is a red flag. Someone if pocketing taxpayers money

Why does it cost $2.5m to install synthetic turf? That sounds like a rort in itself

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Clearly if liberal are in they arent going to support labor electorates and vice versa why would they
It's taxpayer money; not party political funds.

The concept of governing for all and allocating on a needs basis, and in line with Govt body's recommendations, should not be dismissed. Naive I know.

The Auditior General was scathing and questioned the legality.

$500,000 for a rowing club in Mosman with 140 odd members is rorting, whilst lower socio-economic seats, more reliant on a helping hand got nothing.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2020/01/16/bridget-mckenzie-sports-grants/

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Looks like any chance of Belmore Sports Ground getting it's Phase 3 upgrade is now dead in the water. We need Labor back in ASAP (at State level only).

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another Liberal fiasco, this one looks blatant.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's taxpayer money; not party political funds.

The concept of governing for all and allocating on a needs basis, and in line with Govt body's recommendations, should not be dismissed. Naive I know.

The Auditior General was scathing and questioned the legality.

$500,000 for a rowing club in Mosman with 140 odd members is rorting, whilst lower socio-economic seats, more reliant on a helping hand got nothing.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2020/01/16/bridget-mckenzie-sports-grants/
Correct but in the real world its not what happens

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never a real surprise to read things like this. We all know how corrupt governments are!! And this pertains to climate change massively as well. How can coal mines that will need to use 69 mil L of water every single day, be given a 6o year lease to do so, when the massive parts of australia are in drought or on fire?? It baffles me.
For the record, I'm not trying to turn this into a climate debate, I'm merely pointing out that this is another massive way in which the government is showcasing their corruption.

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is, people keep voting for the two coalitions, rather than vote for a third party and put the coalitions at the end of the ballot paper!
Stupid short sighted grants and bonuses bribing people that should know far better.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They we’re overlooked and the money redirected to the SFS fiasco.

I’ve known of clubs spending anywhere between $500,000 and $1,000,000 to lay synthetic surface. $2,500,000 is a red flag. Someone if pocketing taxpayers money
Yeah it makes no sense. Governments really know who to waste money

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was watching a show tonight and if they put in a normal application and got the money they asked for despite whether everyone thinks it’s justified not much that will be done ,however if they got extra money heads will roll youd think

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Politics is hilarious. They have been proven to be the most corrupt party in the last 20 years and are always pointing the finger and asking for resignations and enquiries. If you can’t win, whinge is Labor’s motto. Just like the democrats in the U.S