Nsw Cup Round 22

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must win game to stay in tocuh with the top of the ladder this one. Worries me with significantly weakened team though.

I think we could have close to the strongest team in NSW Cup for the finals if the guys from the NRL squad drop down to play
Quite a few might not be available though because isn't there a limit to the number of NRL games you can play before you cannot play in NSW Cup final series?

I'm sure it was changed a while back to stop team stacking.

So guys like Topine, Edwards, Seumanufagai, Patolo, Morrin might be right on the cusp.

We could however possibly get Thompson in and manage to play him (maybe).

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must win game to stay in tocuh with the top of the ladder this one. Worries me with significantly weakened team though.

Quite a few might not be available though because isn't there a limit to the number of NRL games you can play before you cannot play in NSW Cup final series?

I'm sure it was changed a while back to stop team stacking.

So guys like Topine, Edwards, Seumanufagai, Patolo, Morrin might be right on the cusp.

We could however possibly get Thompson in and manage to play him (maybe).
I don't know if its changed from this but you only need to have played 8 games if your NRL team is no longer in the finals

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if its changed from this but you only need to have played 8 games if your NRL team is no longer in the finals
If thats the case, hopefully a few guys will drop back. Maybe even Flanno !

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming Skelton and Morrin will be added to the squad for tomorrow's game.
Depends when they fly/flew back from New Zealand. Isn't it like a 6hr flight?

I'd assume they flew back last night or this morning.

Heck if Thompson is apparently fit, put him in to play NSW Cup for the last few rounds and he'll probably be able to play finals for them.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got some good forwards going in the Mounties.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends when they fly/flew back from New Zealand. Isn't it like a 6hr flight?

I'd assume they flew back last night or this morning.

Heck if Thompson is apparently fit, put him in to play NSW Cup for the last few rounds and he'll probably be able to play finals for them.
A professional club would hav ethe players back today - those such as Morrin Skelton Casey BBO i would assume be keen to run around tomorrow in NSW Cup and the club should be interested in seeing how they play.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
A professional club would hav ethe players back today - those such as Morrin Skelton Casey BBO i would assume be keen to run around tomorrow in NSW Cup and the club should be interested in seeing how they play.
I noticed Declan had a 515am flight out this morning. Pretty sure others that played last night have left later in the day. Possible the earlier flight was for the guys that could play reserves. Will wait and see

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed Declan had a 515am flight out this morning. Pretty sure others that played last night have left later in the day. Possible the earlier flight was for the guys that could play reserves. Will wait and see
Was Makatoa actually in NZ? He was named in the extended NRL squad which I thought was weird if he was playing NSW Cup

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How did you notice that?