Nsw Cup Round 22

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m assuming they want him to practise passing to left or something like that cause he is awkward and need players to be comfortable on both sides
i know we all have a dominate side, but fuk me, back in the 90's and earlier all halves and centres played both sides. If you are playing grade you should be able to play both sides, it starts from the juniour coaches imo, dont pigeon hole them

Malla

Reaction score
Huge 2 weeks for us

Parra then Jets

If we beat Parra we finish in the top 4.

Bears have a very easy run too, so we might end up playing Jets in the final round then Jets in first week of Semis.

We need our strongest side on the park this week to build towards the finals. I think this team can win it. NSW Cup is wide open this year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Huge 2 weeks for us

Parra then Jets

If we beat Parra we finish in the top 4.

Bears have a very easy run too, so we might end up playing Jets in the final round then Jets in first week of Semis.

We need our strongest side on the park this week to build towards the finals. I think this team can win it. NSW Cup is wide open this year.
I would love to agree but i cant my bro. We havent beaten a top 4 side all season.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Stuckey continues to push for a first grade debut:
40 minutes
16 runs
171 metres
64 post contact metres
2 tackle breaks
4 offloads
19 tackles 0 misses
Tell me again…. How many metres did Harrison Edwards make vs Warriors?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tell me again…. How many metres did Harrison Edwards make vs Warriors?
Reserve grade player at best, don’t really understand his sudden involvement with us considering we had better options.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reserve grade player at best, don’t really understand his sudden involvement with us considering we had better options.
Edwards had spent a significant part of these as a benchie for nsw cup.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuckeys form warrants a chance to prove himself in first grade. Big effort in 40 minutes greater metres gained than Stimpson, potato, Edwards, Jacko and Topine combined on the weekend.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Edwards had spent a significant part of these as a benchie for nsw cup.
I'm going to assume he's under contract for next season and a few other players aren't, only reason why he would be promoted ahead of other players because like you said he has been a benchie in cup. I don't know how Stuckey hasn't got a debut yet so in going with the idea that he isn't contracted for next season...

Malla

Reaction score
I think Harrison has a future in first grade, but surely Stuckey deserves a crack.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Harrison has a future in first grade, but surely Stuckey deserves a crack.
Stuckey has been much better since he moved from the backrow to the frontrow, doesnt do much wrong, consistently bends the line - Edwards is very much a toiler - i would hope there are players at SGBall n Flegg level on the Dogs radar that offer more than Edwards and Patolo.