Nsw Cup- Finals Week 2

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Puts his body on the line by taking the ball so deep ... love it.
Do you know why he has been being playing fullback? He is rare as a young half in that he is prepared to get hit when he goes so deep to the line, but bounces back.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know why he has been being playing fullback? He is rare as a young half in that he is prepared to get hit when he goes so deep to the line, but bounces back.
No i don't .... been strange as i would be very surprised to see him in that role moving forward.

Club should employ you as a scout .... you tipped me off about Raj and Morrin some time ago.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No i don't .... been strange as i would be very surprised to see him in that role moving forward.

Club should employ you as a scout .... you tipped me off about Raj and Morrin some time ago.
Have you seen jordie mazzone? Hopefully he can put some muscle on his frame but keep his jac like speed.

Re Morrin he was originally a five eight, couldn't get a game.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you seen jordie mazzone? Hopefully he can put some muscle on his frame but keep his jac like speed.

Re Morrin he was originally a five eight, couldn't get a game.
Yeah i know Jordie is like lightning ... haven't seen him in the flesh.

Plan on going to junior/lower grades next season .... been away past 18 months.

Watching young players come through the club is great.

Have missed it.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i know Jordie is like lightning ... haven't seen him in the flesh.

Plan on going to junior/lower grades next season .... been away past 18 months.

Watching young players come through the club is great.

Have missed it.
I don't agree with the argument of not enough talent for 17 or 18 teams. Minimal opportunity and poor attitudes is stopping a lot of players.need to raise the profile of flegg n nsw cup. More scholarships, apprenticeships tied to contracts would help.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't agree with the argument of not enough talent for 17 or 18 teams. Minimal opportunity and poor attitudes is stopping a lot of players.need to raise the profile of flegg n nsw cup. More scholarships, apprenticeships tied to contracts would help.
Yeah i used to like the u/20's when it was televised.

I imagine it was a big drawcard for young players.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if I agree that short term loaned players who played NRL during the year should be allowed into lower grade semi finals.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has to be weirdest finals structure ever wtf. 5 teams but its so many games. Can someone explain the structure?
Probably how it used to to be. Assume the higher ranked teams win each game.

Week 1
1 week off
2 v 3 loser 2nd chance
4 v 5 loser eliminated

Week 2
1 vs 2 loser 2nd chance
3 v 4 loser eliminated

Week 3
1 Week off
2 v 3 loser eliminated

GF
1 v 2

It was a heavily criticised format as the minor premiers potentially miss 2 weeks and were in many cases considered underdone in the GF against battle hardened teams. In this series though Panthers won against Newtown and went through to GF first instead of minor premiers Newtown.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if I agree that short term loaned players who played NRL during the year should be allowed into lower grade semi finals.
Current? English International. Signed to Wests but playing reserves finals for Easts! Pffft.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Great idea. Gus is promoting this idea at our Club I think as part of our long term plan for junior players?

Soon they, with their parents, will be clamouring for an opportunity to play for the Bulldogs :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can tolerate many failings in players , but i hate cats .... especially big ones.
I hate using that term lol but these guys are frustrating hey. Got all the physical attributes and skills if they apply themselves but just don't have the dedication, and the mongrel, I guess to go that step further.

Like Oki. Just don't seem to have the drive to really stand out and be top of their game. It's them that will have the regrets later on in life when they reflect on what could have been of their league career and financial stability.

But they did make NRL first grade so good for them..but its a case of what could have been...

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate using that term lol but these guys are frustrating hey. Got all the physical attributes and skills if they apply themselves but just don't have the dedication, and the mongrel, I guess to go that step further.

Like Oki. Just don't seem to have the drive to really stand out and be top of their game. It's them that will have the regrets later on in life when they reflect on what could have been of their league career and financial stability.

But they did make NRL first grade so good for them..but its a case of what could have been...
A player with the on field attitude of Khaled Rajab desrves success - never met him, dont know anything about him aprt from what he does on the fiels - but whilst a solid build his willingess to dig deep into the line, get belted and get up is a sign of someone who is prepared to do what is needed to get the best out of themselves. In yesterdays game he got an old fashion coat hanger - could have stayed down but got up almost straight away and played on.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably how it used to to be. Assume the higher ranked teams win each game.

Week 1
1 week off
2 v 3 loser 2nd chance
4 v 5 loser eliminated

Week 2
1 vs 2 loser 2nd chance
3 v 4 loser eliminated

Week 3
1 Week off
2 v 3 loser eliminated

GF
1 v 2

It was a heavily criticised format as the minor premiers potentially miss 2 weeks and were in many cases considered underdone in the GF against battle hardened teams. In this series though Panthers won against Newtown and went through to GF first instead of minor premiers Newtown.
That is one trash format. Thank fuck it doesnt happen anymore. Current format is the best. The 1v8 format was also ok.