Nsw Cup- Finals Week 2

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate using that term lol but these guys are frustrating hey. Got all the physical attributes and skills if they apply themselves but just don't have the dedication, and the mongrel, I guess to go that step further.

Like Oki. Just don't seem to have the drive to really stand out and be top of their game. It's them that will have the regrets later on in life when they reflect on what could have been of their league career and financial stability.

But they did make NRL first grade so good for them..but its a case of what could have been...
I'm a blokey type of guy and have no problem with the term .... have been accused of it and handed it out more times than i remember. Water off a ducks back.

Agree anyone who plays NRL has done well but even at that level some relish contact more than others.

Personally i don't rate players who for example don't use their shoulders in tackles etc ...

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A player with the on field attitude of Khaled Rajab desrves success - never met him, dont know anything about him aprt from what he does on the fiels - but whilst a solid build his willingess to dig deep into the line, get belted and get up is a sign of someone who is prepared to do what is needed to get the best out of themselves. In yesterdays game he got an old fashion coat hanger - could have stayed down but got up almost straight away and played on.
Like yourself it is one of the first things i look for in a player.

Reactions: ATT

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm a blokey type of guy and have no problem with the term .... have been accused of it and handed it out more times than i remember. Water off a ducks back.

Agree anyone who plays NRL has done well but even at that level some relish contact more than others.

Personally i don't rate players who for example don't use their shoulders in tackles etc ...
Yeah agree with you. If you want to make it in league you have to be aggressive and look for the heavy contact.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They rarely have a long lasting career that's for sure.
Surprised me that Bellamy signed meaney for that very reason. I wonder if he was thinking of him when he used the term soft in describing the storm yesterday.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A player with the on field attitude of Khaled Rajab desrves success - never met him, dont know anything about him aprt from what he does on the fiels - but whilst a solid build his willingess to dig deep into the line, get belted and get up is a sign of someone who is prepared to do what is needed to get the best out of themselves. In yesterdays game he got an old fashion coat hanger - could have stayed down but got up almost straight away and played on.
I agree. He always puts in and has been a standout. Was our 2021 SG Ball player of the year...

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised me that Bellamy signed meaney for that very reason. I wonder if he was thinking of him when he used the term soft in describing the storm yesterday.
Players these days need to be good at doing the hard stuff, not just excelling in open play.

Post contact meters when returning a kick can be the difference between a good and a bad set.

Look at what Edwards and the wingers do at Penrith.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on the boys, hope they can go all the way, but it shows the gulf between NSW Cup and First Grade when a player like Knockonbor could potentially when a premiership, albeit a Reserve Grade one.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on the boys, hope they can go all the way, but it shows the gulf between NSW Cup and First Grade when a player like Knockonbor could potentially when a premiership, albeit a Reserve Grade one.
Why not he has done it before in 2018, in fact the only other members of that GF who are at the Dogs are Flanno & Ava but they played for Newtown (Sharks)

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not he has done it before in 2018, in fact the only other members of that GF who are at the Dogs are Flanno & Ava but they played for Newtown (Sharks)
Yep, that's correct, but my point was more about how big a gap there is between the two leagues and Knockonbor isn't first grade standard.
He's proven that time and time again.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
…… and players like HMAS Knockonbur could potentially “cost” us a premiership too with his idiotic brain explosions