NSW council amalgamations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just wondering what the kennelers' position is on this ?
Good ? Bad ?
How will they impact your local council ?
What have you heard ?

Me personally, I think it might be good.
If anything it'll at least reduce the number of parasites that earn an income from stamping applications all day.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting while trying to open a food business with gosford city council is like being raped with a broken bottle, they are a pack of corrupt ***** who need a bullet, wyong council is a lot more small business friendly .so hopefully they wipe half of the bludging parasitic ass wipes out of a job.
If any one has driven into gosford city itself you will understand those ***** building is in the heart of it and they let it turn into a filthy fukking shithole , ***** ***** ***** ***** fukking *****

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they remove all of Holroyd council asap before anything else, the pricks keep upping the rates and you see nothing done in our area legit.

We live in the area that topped house prices (pretty much minimum 1 mil average) in our council and you'd expect more for such valued land in the West really...

They only collect rubbish bins and that is it. It takes 50000000 years to get approvals on anything with many "issues" coming up to extend time, they don't clean the streets or the bloody bus stop outside our house that people litter so we have to clean it and mow the grass otherwise it becomes filthy, bus stops aren't fixed with broken glass usually on the floor and rubbish building up, they won't remove trees that are causing damage to our plumbing and roofs, they finally placed no parking signs within 20 meters a round about near us after one family parked so many cards right up to the entry always causing issues after 2 years of complains to them and the police.

There's so much wrong they do or don't do, I don't get why it is not hard to fix stuff up... Bunch of useless pricks always needing money for nothing

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea, BUT I can see some people cracking the shits.

E.G Baulkham Hills may end up under Parramatta Council area. All the property snobs in Baulkham Hills will then get the shits that they are no longer part of "the Hills".

For where I live nothing changes.
Not only that I heard underperforming councils will end up palming off rate changes to everyone else so you might see rates go up for no reason under one council to make up for what they screwed around with.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything the liberals think is a good idea worries me. I worry about the fact that they're in charge of this decision. If you look at the number of liberal members of Parliament that stood down when found out for corruption it makes me question if they're removing some of their stronger opposition where they can by closing the council branches they work for.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not only that I heard underperforming councils will end up palming off rate changes to everyone else so you might see rates go up for no reason under one council to make up for what they screwed around with.
My understanding of rate changes post amalgamation is : it depends on your surrounding neighborhoods. If you pay high rates and the neighboring suburbs pay less, you will likely pay less. If your neighbors pay more than you, you'll likely pay more ?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Like a lot of us here, I'd like to know where our new HQ will be - will the new Canterbury-Bankstown council be located in Bankstown Council near Paul Keating Park, or will they be located near the Orion Centre in Campsie? Will rates go up? How long will it take before they are fully functional under one roof? Usually, this type of amalgamation means one council is better off and the other isn't - and I think there will be a lot of inside fighting over this (I've heard from the inside that CCC is pretty corrupt) so if it doesn't effect me too much, I couldn't care less.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like a lot of us here, I'd like to know where our new HQ will be - will the new Canterbury-Bankstown council be located in Bankstown Council near Paul Keating Park, or will they be located near the Orion Centre in Campsie? Will rates go up? How long will it take before they are fully functional under one roof? Usually, this type of amalgamation means one council is better off and the other isn't - and I think there will be a lot of inside fighting over this (I've heard from the inside that CCC is pretty corrupt) so if it doesn't effect me too much, I couldn't care less.
As long as they give me the approval to build the duplex we want I couldn't give a rats. There's corruption every where unfortunately and one way or another rates change anyway. They're constantly doing work around here so I know that at least my money isn't going to waste.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anything the liberals think is a good idea worries me. I worry about the fact that they're in charge of this decision. If you look at the number of liberal members of Parliament that stood down when found out for corruption it makes me question if they're removing some of their stronger opposition where they can by closing the council branches they work for.
Well that's your first mistake, thinking one party is worse than the other. They are all corrupt and in it for the money. Plus whoever is in charge follows the same agenda.

I wonder how many politicians would be politicians if it paid minimum wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.