NRLW?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Im already over the political correctness/ incorrectness of womans league being rammed down our throats, missing out on reserve grade on Grand Final day, also having to live stream reserve grade GF is a disgrace. Now Dally M medal night is shared with them also. Im over being nice, either make them play in the nude or dont televise it. Rather watch reserve grade or even Jersey Flegg. Im happy my wife cant pick me up and spear tackle me.
Like I've always said, women scream for equality only when it suits them.

Tennis is worse, the men are forced to play up to 5 sets and the women can play as little as 2, and they still get the same pay.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Like I've always said, women scream for equality only when it suits them.

Tennis is worse, the men are forced to play up to 5 sets and the women can play as little as 2, and they still get the same pay.
Yeah that is disgraceful that the tennis players get equal pay for half of the work. If it's like for like then I'm happy for them to get equal TBH.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't even field a team in the NRLW so it's even more irrelevant.

If we never field a team wouldn't that make our club the least PC in the game?

The funny thing is women don't even support their own sports, they know it sucks to so they are instead trying to guilt trip men into supporting their disaster brands.
The WNBA loses around 10 million dollars per season, and has run in the red since it's existence. Only reason it is still going is the NBA subsidises it. In saying that, the WNBA is boring as bat shit, hence why no one really goes to the games or supports it financially.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the NRLW and I'm not sure a 5 game season should be celebrated the same. In saying that the woman's game is the highest growth area of the game and in the world we live in will support the prosperity of the game. The NRLW is well ahead of the AFLW in skill level too.
How they can call it a legitimate competition with 6 teams and 5 rounds is hilarious. Like most female sports, I'll check it out but no way do I really care for it. I am a big NBA fan, but I can't stand watching the women's version. Nothing against women, it's just very boring to watch (talking about WNBA) but it could be argued that a majority of women's sports are somewhat boring to view.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The NRLW has got a few positives over the NRL. No wrestle in the ruck, no laying down playing for penalties and somewhat decent, consistent, error-free referees.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How they can call it a legitimate competition with 6 teams and 5 rounds is hilarious. Like most female sports, I'll check it out but no way do I really care for it. I am a big NBA fan, but I can't stand watching the women's version. Nothing against women, it's just very boring to watch (talking about WNBA) but it could be argued that a majority of women's sports are somewhat boring to view.
I can't even watch it bro but I understand that there are advantages to having a woman's game.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRLW has got a few positives over the NRL. No wrestle in the ruck, no laying down playing for penalties and somewhat decent, consistent, error-free referees.
It’s not bad to watch . i like there being a NRLW

but I agree with others last night , there was no reason to make last night 50/50 with the men when it was based off 5 rounds !!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like that the girls have their own comp that gets taken seriously. In a short time the quality of play has clearly improved. I'd like to see the plans for the comp growth come to fruition, AND 2nd tier mens comps get better coverage. There should be free to air coverage of many more NSW and Qld cup games, there is enough quality there.

As for whether or not the girls share the stage on awards nights, what is the big deal? Are us blokes too petty and small minded for a bit of generosity? Love of the game comes first.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Will the dogs have a women's team? And do we have to call them the correct term for a female dog?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's premature promotion from NRL. The NRLW is way too early in it's infancy to attempt to make it on a level playing field with the NRL, and that's the problem.

I'm yet to find a single person who is like "yeah I enjoy watching the NRLW".

NRL need to shelve the idea until they have a full field of 16 teams in NRLW, running alongside the mens game.

As it stands it's just laughable having a competition with like 6 teams playing a handful of games, and trying to pass it off as equal to the NRL (or greater than even Flegg).

Parramatta won ONE competition game played one finals game and then on to the GF...

NRLW 2022 ladder
TeamGPWL+/-P
Sydney Roosters5509810
Newcastle Knights541448
St. George-Illawarra Dragons532-296
Parramatta Eels514-202
Brisbane Broncos514-332
Gold Coast Titans514-602

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Parramatta won ONE competition game played one finals game and then on to the GF...

NRLW 2022 ladder
TeamGPWL+/-P
Sydney Roosters5509810
Newcastle Knights541448
St. George-Illawarra Dragons532-296
Parramatta Eels514-202
Brisbane Broncos514-332
Gold Coast Titans514-602
That's absolutely laughable.

I'm not against the female game (infact quite enjoy watching the SOO and test games), but the local game needs a lot of work before it goes mainstream.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the little I've watched, it does look a lot better quality than the AFLW, which looks to be a total basket case of a comp. But at some point they are surely going to play more than 5 games ?