Nrlol first ever NFL block play

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sort of hate to say this but - per the rules - think you can argue its not an obstruction.

NRL rules:
1. ‘Block’* or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not stop in the middle of the defensive line
2. ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner (who do not receive the ball) must not run at (chest or outside shoulder of) defender and initiate contact
3. Ball Carriers must not run behind an active ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner and disadvantage the defensive line (ie a defender cannot be expected to defend against this play)
4. Attacking players who run a ‘Sweep’^ line must receive the ball beyond the inside shoulder of the ‘Block’ or ‘Flat’ runner
5. Defensive decisions that commit defender to initiating contact with an attacking player(s) will not be deemed obstruction
6. Defensive decisions that commit defender to change their defensive line will not be deemed obstruction.

The only rule here relevant is #3. Addin didn't stop in the line - so #1 is out. #3 is interesting if you look at the bit in the brackets.

Bet this is the line Analsley pulls on Monday.
There's no argument whatsoever.. If they provided a video of what 3 looks like at ref training and why it is obstruction, it'd be a video of Fonua-Blake providing the most egregious and blatant example possible..

Outside of carrying a chainsaw and wearing a hockey mask that is..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hard to argue Mahoney was going for the penalty by running into AFB when the only way to get at the player with the ball is to run at him, but AFB is in the way. The only person who will ever know is Mahoney, but as far as anyone can tell from the play, his only route to the player with the ball was obstructed by an opposition player in an illegal position. Therefore it is a penalty.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard to argue Mahoney was going for the penalty by running into AFB when the only way to get at the player with the ball is to run at him, but AFB is in the way. The only person who will ever know is Mahoney, but as far as anyone can tell from the play, his only route to the player with the ball was obstructed by an opposition player in an illegal position. Therefore it is a penalty.
the nrl refs and bunker lack common-sense

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
There's no argument whatsoever.. If they provided a video of what 3 looks like at ref training and why it is obstruction, it'd be a video of Fonua-Blake providing the most egregious and blatant example possible..

Outside of carrying a chainsaw and wearing a hockey mask that is..
Hey - I think its an obstruction every day of the week. However, you tell me which of those guidelines are infringed on?

As I said, maybe #3 but on a disclaimer.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100%%%% NO try and it’s always been as such. It’s a circus alright !! And clowns are the main event !!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for posting in this section but correct me if I’m wrong but the pass in the in goal but JAC did not go forward.
I think this decision led to Montoya try.
What about with a minute and a half to go, there were fumbles near the sideline and a warriors player touched the ball but we didn’t get six again

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Until they are fronting a press conference to be held accountable for decisions like coaches doing post match pressers.. nothing will be done about them…

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to talk some sense into people who gamble on the NRLol.

How many more scripted games do you have to see before you realise you are throwing your money away?