NRLol 360

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t agree that he is a great coach. Lots of coaches get a run. But as soon as you Reynolds gets some niggling injury they will fall away. Winning provides confidence. But they won’t win in the finals. And next year watch them fall right back down the table. That’s just the sort of coach he is.
Reynolds is obviously a class halfback and would make a major difference to any team. But even without Reynolds last season, Kevvie still had them playing somewhat decent with Albert Kelly.

The fact also remains he knew that he needed someone like Reynolds and Reynolds, on some level, decided to play under Kevvie, i.e. he was sold on what Kevvie was selling.

He can only be judged on results thus far and it's hard to argue against those results at the moment. I also don't think I've seen Reynolds play this way for Souths

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They did sign the right man, Ben Ikin.
Suuuuure. The coach has had nothing to do with their resurgence.
Ikin fulfills the Gould role at the Broncos as well as insulating the coaching staff and the players from the numerous factions surrounding the Donkeys. Which has been their issue for over 20 years, only Bennett could manage through that quagmire. Without Ikin Reynolds wouldn't be there and without Reynolds the Donkeys would be nowhere.

Always a Bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ikin fulfills the Gould role at the Broncos as well as insulating the coaching staff and the players from the numerous factions surrounding the Donkeys. Which has been their issue for over 20 years, only Bennett could manage through that quagmire. Without Ikin Reynolds wouldn't be there and without Reynolds the Donkeys would be nowhere.

Always a Bulldog
Without a very competent coach they'd be nowhere, too. It never ceases to amaze me how some people find it impossible to admit they were wrong. The doubters were clearly wrong about Kevvie. The foundation of any club is defence and the Broncos' defence has improved exponentially since he took over. He has his team firing in both attack and defence and they were wooden spooners a few years ago. Silly to suggest he isn't doing a good job.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
James Graham made some awesome points. Why are we limited to coaches that are on the market right now? When we got des he was contracted. I reccomend watching his segment
Des was fighting with Manly board at that time

Good timing and good fortune from Greenberg

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
James Graham summed up everything perfectly
It was great hearing him address the lack of talent coming through the lower grades for so long and how hard they all used to train, Braith mentioned the same. Interesting he’s in a group chat with about 30 other ex dogs players and they all love and rate Jimmy Dymock.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was spot on, if anyone hasn't seen it or listened to it worth searching to do so.
Great to hear his passion for the place. We need him to come back in the fold. Braith spoke better tonight too.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
James Graham summed up everything perfectly
Yes his comments were excellent and measured.

Also interesting what he said about the next coach and how no one is talking about one of the other 15 coached as an option, in the same way as when they recruited Des.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hetherington is apparently next
The only issue with a player like this, great and tough. But gets suspended way too many times. They used to say that to Barry Hall in AFL. You are no good to anyone if you keep getting suspended.