NRL360 : Forans feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Without Foz, i wouldnt wana know what the scorelines would end up.
No player in the comp takes that far to the line than foz and his defence has been rock solid, taking into account all his injuries .

Glad his on our team.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawkey.. King of doing something brilliant then completely fukn it up, vice versa.
Lol. Remind you of anyone! Hope he doesn’t turn out to be Ben Roberts v2

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least the squad is analyzing itself to get the best out of it, still a bit dissapointed our rep players are not bashing and smashing then offloading onto these supposed speedsters supporting the ball.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Foran looks pretty good so far considering how much footy he's missed in recent times. More concerned about our bench tbh

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I cant believe how many threads there are criticizing our players. FMD its beyond a joke!! Ok, we have lost two games by pretty big scores, but there are always games like this to start a season. Cronulla are 0-2, so are parramatta, newcastle and the tigers are 2-0, melbourne, cowboys and the roosters are 1-1, the list goes on.
Seasons are not in any way defined by your first two games. I think foran makes a lot of sense. We just need a few games to get everything right.
So please, stop the fucking whingeing and just try to show our new look team and coach a bit of respect, and support them instead of criticising every single tiny thing.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant believe how many threads there are criticizing our players. FMD its beyond a joke!! Ok, we have lost two games by pretty big scores, but there are always games like this to start a season. Cronulla are 0-2, so are parramatta, newcastle and the tigers are 2-0, melbourne, cowboys and the roosters are 1-1, the list goes on.
Seasons are not in any way defined by your first two games. I think foran makes a lot of sense. We just need a few games to get everything right.
So please, stop the fucking whingeing and just try to show our new look team and coach a bit of respect, and support them instead of criticising every single tiny thing.
Totally agree.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agree.
Its tediculous isnt it. Im as pissed off as anyone after a loss, but i havnt unloaded on all the players. The two teams we lost to are no slouches, and in each game the scoreline blew out a little due to very lucky length of the field trys. We were pretty competitive against the storm, but we did lose our way a bit against the rorters. But they were always going to come out fired up after losing against the tigers in rd 1.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its tediculous isnt it. Im as pissed off as anyone after a loss, but i havnt unloaded on all the players. The two teams we lost to are no slouches, and in each game the scoreline blew out a little due to very lucky length of the field trys. We were pretty competitive against the storm, but we did lose our way a bit against the rorters. But they were always going to come out fired up after losing against the tigers in rd 1.
And the Rorters were stronger with Keary in the side. Im like you. I hate losing but the style of footy has been better than last year.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Without Foz, i wouldnt wana know what the scorelines would end up.
No player in the comp takes that far to the line than foz and his defence has been rock solid, taking into account all his injuries .

Glad his on our team.
Mate I agree he has been a standout for us but he has missed more tackles than any other player. I'm sure he will improve as he gets his match fitness back but he still has a way to go in defence.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Foran takes the ball to the line
Not his fault his runners die on him or can’t run proper lines
Perfect case in point last week where he put rfm through a perfect gap and rfm stopped on him
Jackson can’t run a hole or overs line to save his life
Adam Elliot (best thing I can say is nil comment)
Foran is the least of my worries and has been very impressive for someone coming off a disrupted pre season
In defence I don't think any of our players have had to do that for a few years and have forgotten you can. Few week away lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all seemed to be content before the season start that there would be a period of adjustment, and some odd results. We have faced two teams with recognised stars, and well organised structures. We haven't had the advantage of a home game. It will take time to click, but we have shown some promise. Defence needs to be tighter, and Pay will make sure we develop the old Bulldog defence. Our attack looks better, even though it's disjointed at present.

Teams that get off to a great start usually fail toward the end of the season. I'd rather see us start slow and build for the finals.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And the Rorters were stronger with Keary in the side. Im like you. I hate losing but the style of footy has been better than last year.
I agree. I enjoy a loss more when we actually play a more enterprising style of play and score a few decent tries.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all seemed to be content before the season start that there would be a period of adjustment, and some odd results. We have faced two teams with recognised stars, and well organised structures. We haven't had the advantage of a home game. It will take time to click, but we have shown some promise. Defence needs to be tighter, and Pay will make sure we develop the old Bulldog defence. Our attack looks better, even though it's disjointed at present.

Teams that get off to a great start usually fail toward the end of the season. I'd rather see us start slow and build for the finals.
So true. I mean the tigers have beaten the same teams we lost to, and sure, there is a chance they will have a great year, but im expecting them to fade as the year goes on. Meybe not. And for their sake i hope they improve and have a great year. But in regards to us, i think we will just take a bit of time to get things right. We will come good though. We scored some pretty good tries. Can you remember the last time we scored a try of a set play from a scrum? I cant. Lol

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I agree he has been a standout for us but he has missed more tackles than any other player. I'm sure he will improve as he gets his match fitness back but he still has a way to go in defence.
Thurston misses a lot of tackles too but he's a great defender. It's just that they're little blokes who never take a backward step against the big blokes. I don't expect his missed tackles to change much but he is defending really well. Hope JMK can deliver. He looks pretty confident.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thurston misses a lot of tackles too but he's a great defender. It's just that they're little blokes who never take a backward step against the big blokes. I don't expect his missed tackles to change much but he is defending really well. Hope JMK can deliver. He looks pretty confident.
Our defensive systems are poor and our edge defenders get isolated way to often that a missed tackle or a poor read is almost impossible to recover from, same thing that has gone wrong with the Raiders these last few years.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true. I mean the tigers have beaten the same teams we lost to, and sure, there is a chance they will have a great year, but im expecting them to fade as the year goes on. Meybe not. And for their sake i hope they improve and have a great year. But in regards to us, i think we will just take a bit of time to get things right. We will come good though. We scored some pretty good tries. Can you remember the last time we scored a try of a set play from a scrum? I cant. Lol
Yeah it still looked a lot like late year against the Roosters. The complete dis-organisation in the attacking 20 is surely something that will come good with a player like Foran. It's like the forwards haven't realised they have a great half yet. I also try to be optimistic. We can fix the defence and the organisation and be a much better team. The main thing we can't really improve this year is our lack of raw speed. Mbye is looking promising but we need more speed when we recruit.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I enjoy a loss more when we actually play a more enterprising style of play and score a few decent tries.
I agree with you on a lot of things but I can never say I enjoy a loss

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran has been our best player.. shame he doesn't have much support from teammates at moment

Status
Not open for further replies.