NRL transfer news: Bulldogs close in on Panthers prop, Titans snare Warriors flyer

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
W
Each to their own but I don't rate him at all.

He is a Crapa clone, only known because he is a dirty c***.
Everytime Hetherington blinks he’ll be suspended. Massive gamble by the club, I said a few weeks ago even when this was a rumour that he is a poor mans Josh Macguire. A lot of grubbiness and rubbish in his game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just sick of these average signings...

They need to announce a big time coup like a Brandon Smith or a Harry Grant.

Surely no one is pumped about this signing.

Blank cheque was offered to Bateman so it appears that money continues to dwindle on the likes of the Green, Waddell and Hetherington types players who would struggle to start at any club bar the dogs next season.
Think we've gotta boost our squad so a number of signings need to be made. The dollars should be directed at a hooker, half and another back so if spending less here helps that happen then happy days

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If he's a Napa replacement then I'm ok with it.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not true. He was the dominant forward on the field in that game, and a few more that followed.

And The Warriors were more than interested in keeping him, verging on the desperate. But he publicly knocked them back because he wants to live in Oz in general and Sydney in particular.

High potential for the right coach to mould.
His stats were atrocious that game made barely any metres

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is a real hot head and has been suspended numerous times in his short NRL career. Panthers will only get rid of players that are an issue or nearing their use by date so they can have a chance to keep all the up and comers...or at leat make it look as if they are making a genuine effort to comply with the cap...

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is he any good? Know nothing about him. Is this a rumour or something more concrete? Cheers mate
Plays for England born in Russia sorry don't know much about him but Luke thompson has asked the club to get him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt there'll be debate over signing him. Imagine he won't be on big coin and the Panthers will have to pay some of his contract for next year. Would love us to sign another prop on top of this tho.

In Barrett we trust
Tbh we don't need anymore "not on big coin" "squad type players".. we need a metre eater and whilst hetherington has plenty of aggression, it has a tendency to be misguided. He is also not known for his yardage, footwork or ball work.

Also at some point these not on big coin will need to at least equate to 95% of the salary cap.. so at that point I will start to ask questions about poor salary cap management.. still early I guess but early signs aren't exciting, I really hope they have a fair bit left up their sleeve's..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Each to their own but I don't rate him at all.

He is a Crapa clone, only known because he is a dirty c***.
Funny you should talk about Napa. Had a conversation with a guy who is a Roosters supporter and he was talking about the red headed bloke who was always in trouble with the NRL for leading with his head. Of course it was Napa but he had forgotten the name already.. shows what a great impression he made with his ex club supporters...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tbh we don't need anymore "not on big coin" "squad type players".. we need a metre eater and whilst hetherington has plenty of aggression, it has a tendency to be misguided. He is also not known for his yardage, footwork or ball work.

Also at some point these not on big coin will need to at least equate to 95% of the salary cap.. so at that point I will start to ask questions about poor salary cap management.. still early I guess but early signs aren't exciting, I really hope they have a fair bit left up their sleeve's..
Agree. Won't judge this signing until we finish our recruitment. As I said. If we get another prop in also then I'm all for it. We'll see. We do need to make some big signings at half and hooker tho

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hethrington’s signing is significant for us going forward, he is an outstanding young aggressive prop which is what we’ve sorely missed since acquiring Tolman! Hopefully he can form an agressive combination with Napa and finally our props can start bending opposition defensive lines and not take a backward step.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good signing, any c*** that can go toe to toe with JWH and piss him off is OK in my books.
Absolute rubbish.

JWH fucking dominated that day, who gives a shit if he got into a scuffle ffs. JWH almost ran 200m and constantly landed on his front and got and provided a quick play the ball. Hetherington on the other hand didn't even crack 50m and was dominated all game.

Rubbish signing, pure trash.