NRL screwing up the Game

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a bow NRL you’ve sped up the game with your yearly obsession with rule changes. You’ve turned it into Oz tag.

Here are the results
Winning team scores round 10;
36, 50, 20, 32, 30, 34, 44, 38.
Only one game was competitive, the rest we’re a lop- sided joke.

Record injuries across all clubs.

Record sin bin, send-offs & suspensions many for what amounts to minor natural contact.

Game is being ruined.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how much these scorelines help the betting agencies?
Well done Mr V’landys..........cheque’s in the mail.
Not sure about betting agencies, but his high flying gambling mates from the horses would love it...far more predictable games means far more easy wins on the punt.

As always with the NRL its not what they do but how they do it. All these rules changes over the last year or two have been done with little or almost no warning. All these changes have serious adverse effects on team set ups that have taken months or even years to accomplish.

If touching the head is automatic bin or off, it makes wrapping the ball up so much harder. The NRL can either bring in more rules (quicker held calls, restricting when passing whilst being tackled can occur), or more likely just let it go and try to brand the increased scorelines as "exciting rugba leeeg".

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That whole magic round was the biggest pile of garbage!

If that’s the type of footy the NRL are happy with...they can have it

I’m considering dropping my Foxtel subscription, I only have it for the footy but unless they reverse some of these shitty rule changes, I’m over paying for it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I’m considering dropping my Foxtel subscription, I only have it for the footy but unless they reverse some of these shitty rule changes, I’m over paying for it.
I cancelled Kayo today and listed the reason as the rule changes have made the NRL unwatchable and under suggestions I listed fire Vlandy's..

If more people cancel their subscriptions and stop watching this joke of a competition, the more likely they have to take action and fire these dumb fucks that have ruined the sport.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about every year they introduce rule change to speed up the game. Do they actually receive complaints from fans that the game is too slow? May be its just me but i have not heard mates or anyone in the pub saying the game is too slow and needs to be sped up.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It was not Magic Round, it was Moronic Round.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cancelled Kayo today and listed the reason as the rule changes have made the NRL unwatchable and under suggestions I listed fire Vlandy's..

If more people cancel their subscriptions and stop watching this joke of a competition, the more likely they have to take action and fire these dumb fucks that have ruined the sport.
This action en masse and a continuing trend is the only way the rule makers will revert to old rules.

In short Vlandys was excellent for game in getting a new tv deal and getting game up and running through covid BUT he's abusing his powers now. He's making disastrous decisions on the rulings of the game that the collective (fans, players, coaching staff, commentators) just don't like at all.

Without any doubt, Vlandys time in the nrl is up

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This action en masse and a continuing trend is the only way the rule makers will revert to old rules.

In short Vlandys was excellent for game in getting a new tv deal and getting game up and running through covid BUT he's abusing his powers now. He's making disastrous decisions on the rulings of the game that the collective (fans, players, coaching staff, commentators) just don't like at all.

Without any doubt, Vlandys time in the nrl is up
This is what happens when they jump at shadows and immediately make rule changes, over-the-top interpretation changes, whatever they want to call it, without testing it in lower grades or consider what the cumulative effect of these shadow jumps will be.

No problem with cracking down on high shots, but combined with the 6-agains for everything and 8 interchanges...the game is becoming a farce.

If they want to crack down on something, how about forward passes out of dummy half? Just about every one of Starlings DH passes were forward, none pulled up.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
They can sit there and say they that they stand by their decisions etc but guess what, I have the ultimate power and they can get fuked. As of yesterday (didn't watch any of the games) I have stopped watching the footy. Between the 6 again's, the blown out crap games and plenty of other crap I'm done for now. As a fan I'm voting with my participation. I'm going to log on here and keep up with some doggies signing news and see what's what in 2022.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Done - I hope enough are doing it for a strong message to be sent. Never been so disinterested in the sport. Yes, our form is part of it. But for me the rot started with the six again rule which was a lottery last year and pissed me off beyond belief in the Knights game. I'm at the point where I could almost give the entire sport away. The fact that Vlandys is so stubborn and thinks he knows more than countless players, ex-players and coaches shows the arrogance of the man.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
100% Footy 10.30? tonight.

Gus interviewing Vlad. Says he'll be bringing up the controversial new rules affecting the game....hard hitting...yeah right...but still, maybe he can get a sweat up on Vlad :grinning:

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What gets me most is that the sin bin and send offs for high shots have been introduced to protect players from injuries. I could accept that decision if it was true that it was introduced for the players welfare, however how fricken Hypocritical is that because it is the 6 again rule that has and is causing so many more injuries. They know this but they choose to turn a blind eye!

Malla

Reaction score
I think it needed to happen tho

Contact to the head needs to stop, if the game wants to get serious about protecting players from concussions etc. Some are incidental, some can't be avoided, but most are reckless high shots that could be avoided ie. Mguire on the weekend as well as the other bloke that hit Paps. Papalii on Katoa is another one that could be avoided. I hated seeing it on the weekend where it felt like there was 5 sin bins and a send off a game, but it had to happen for teams and players to listen.