NRL Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Is there any rule changes that you would like to be done in Rugby League?

i think the Striping rule needs to be changed, if a defender drops off a tackle leaving a teamate trying to tackle an oposition then i think he should be able to contest for the ball.
Also ban any video referee interference in high tackle situations.
(eg when a player stays down due a tackle being up around the neck area, and the video ref checks it and instructs the ref to give a penalty)
this would be pretty hard to ban, but maybe if the video referee can only look into a play if instructed to by the on field ref and by telling the onfield ref to go to the video only if they didnt see what happened, and if the referee did see what happened then the video ref can't interfere.

well actually my second plan is proberly toohard to enforce but they should do something about the game generally in that area.

But If you could change any rules in the NRL right now what would you change or what would you bring in as a new rule?

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Mr_Rodriguez said:
Is there any rule changes that you would like to be done in Rugby League?

i think the Striping rule needs to be changed, if a defender drops off a tackle leaving a teamate trying to tackle an oposition then i think he should be able to contest for the ball.
Also ban any video referee interference in high tackle situations.
(eg when a player stays down due a tackle being up around the neck area, and the video ref checks it and instructs the ref to give a penalty)
Thats the rule I want chaged too. IMO, who cared how many people may have been tackeled, if its only 1 on 1 when the cbal is stolen that should be fine.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
the stripping rule would work to Sonny Bill's advantage... therefore they wont change it... they should cause its confusing for the players!!!!

If sonny wants to steal the ball he can tell the other defenders to back off/drop off so he can do it without a fuss!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Bulldogs84 said:
the stripping rule would work to Sonny Bill's advantage... therefore they wont change it... they should cause its confusing for the players!!!!

If sonny wants to steal the ball he can tell the other defenders to back off/drop off so he can do it without a fuss!!!
the tackle usually happens to fast for any players to communicate to drop off but your right there could be a strategy of perposly backing off if you see a teammate in a good position to strip

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
You solutions allow many GREY areas to arise.

First of all, say there are 2 in the tackle, and you are one of them. you see you teammate grab hold of the ball, then you drop off, so that its one on one, so that he can strip it. That's pretty sh*thouse, you have to agree.

Secondly, if the ref can only go to the video if didn't see it, then he can always just say that he didn't see it, or he was concentrating on something else. We will never know. BUT i think the solution lies in the other direction:

The video ref should always be able to butt in when a high tackle has occurred. Regardless of play on, guy struggles to feet, or player lays on the ground. If the video catches a high tackle, BANG, finger on button. "High Tackle Ref!" And whistle is blown, penalty given. This way, people will be less inclinded to tackle high, which is great for safety, and the player faking it situation is erased.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
yeah well when i was trying to explain the video ref one, i realised all the problems that could arise from changing the rule so i agree that they dont need to do what i said, but i still think the striping rule needs to be changed

they can make a rule if the ref sees a defender delibrately falls of the player and a teammate then strips the ball he can award a penalty

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
the video ref getting involved has advantaged the Bulldogs anyway!!!
they went back on a few calls in a couple of games last year.. where sherwin was taken out late and they went back and gave the dogs the ball back witha complementry penalty!!!

So keep the video ref interfering in those cases!!! we mighten always like the call but thats just the way it goes!!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 rule i hate is the penatly goal.. if a team misses they still get the ball back pending it goes out on the full.. thats lame cause either they get it from that.. punting it .. or going for the tap

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if a team goes for a penalty goal they will usually be inside the 30 metres but when they miss and it goes out on the full they will get the ball and the first tackle should be around halfway, and also the team that gets the penalty should get the advantage

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
cljunior said:
You solutions allow many GREY areas to arise.

First of all, say there are 2 in the tackle, and you are one of them. you see you teammate grab hold of the ball, then you drop off, so that its one on one, so that he can strip it. That's pretty sh*thouse, you have to agree.
No, I reckon thats great. It brings league back to the 80's. I like the one on one idea, in the 80's it was used more in packs of ppl, thus the rule changes to not being able to strip the ball.

Rugby league needs more contests for the ball, that idea is great, take good communication to do that and can be very risky as if the bloke who grab the ball doesn't get it and the player who has the ball continues to run, the bloke who dropped off the tackle is going to get blasted by the coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.