NRL Round 3 | Non Bulldogs Team Lists & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In unrelated news how about them cheating Aussie cricketers lol
Disgusting. This current team thinks it is above everyone else and they do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to this. Nothing can be said to be alleged because the skipper and his leadership team have come out and confirmed they knew about it and planned it. The vision shown was damning with the sandpaper clearly shown and also the player putting it down the front of his pants after removing it from his pocket when approached by the umpires after they conferred mid field.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As if you wouldn't take the 2 with 20 seconds on the clock? The Titans are just a young, dumb team

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As if you wouldn't take the 2 with 20 seconds on the clock? The Titans are just a young, dumb team
I almost feel sorry for the Tits.

They get virtually no attention in the media in Brisbane. Everyone treats the Cowboys at the only other QLD team.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay. Will have to watch it later. It was just that the radio commentators went off deluxe about it.....
I was watching but not listening, would really like to know how he was played back onside? Didn't think it was possible, unless there's been a rule change? We've been pinged for it!

~c.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Titans are the worst team in the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was watching but not listening, would really like to know how he was played back onside? Didn't think it was possible, unless there's been a rule change? We've been pinged for it!

~c.
If he was close to the ruck area it used to be known as 'loitering in the ruck" completely illegal. Even if he was out a bit wider and was in front of the player playing the ball I don't think he can be put onside until there has been at least one tackle effected and he gets back behind the play the ball. Heck you cannot even take a kick for touch from a penalty or any sort of restart if a player from your own side is in front of you. When a player kicks the ball their teammates must be behind them or they will be called for offside if they interfere with the play.

https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/documents/2017-nrl-laws--interpretations.pdf

Offside: A player is offside if he has one foot (either on or off the ground) in front of a teammate who ‘last touches, is touched, held or kicked the ball’. Section 14 (1)

In relation to kick, an active offside player shall not encroach within ten metres of the ball, when there is an opponent waiting for the ball.

Active or Passive: Active is: An offside player who takes part in and/or influences the course of the game. ( Which would be the case in the instance of the player scoring the try)

The rules state at all levels that all players of the team in possession have to be behind the dummy half except of course for the person playing the ball.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think they can put the Queensland SOO side in Titans jerseys and they'll find a way to lose consistently.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hate the dragons, really hope we beat them...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He didn't.

He was linked to the Broncos, but it wasn't true.

Bennett mentioned him but he wasn't going to sign him.
How can it not be true that he was not a target for the Broncos when super coach himself was quite keen on having him back at the club voicing his opinions through various comments made in the media..

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/as...nt-for-gold-coast-titans-20170803-gxoe78.html

But players of Taylor's quality and upside rarely surface on the market and Nikorima can play anywhere. Wayne Bennett has made no secret of the fact that if Taylor was interested in shifting back up the M1, they would be highly accommodating.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/broncos-close-to-signing-the-next-johnathan-thurston

Aug 4, 2017 - Broncos Close To Signing 'The Next Johnathan Thurston'. Read more ... There are reports that Ash Taylor may be on his way back to the Broncos, with the Titans struggling to lock him up for the future. Speaking ... "Wayne (Bennett) has gone on the record to confirm that he does want him back," Hoops said.

AND this one repeated on numerous news sites such as SBS https://www.sbs.com.au/news/bennett-keen-on-luring-nrl-gun-ash-taylor
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...d/news-story/a1ff32638daf6e10a122f6bd78e3145b

WAYNE Bennett will look to lure Ashley Taylor back to Brisbane after the Gold Coast halfback’s emergence as an NRL star.

Taylor left the Broncos at the end of 2015 to join the Titans, where he’s developed into a top playmaker to lead the league in try assists this season. The 22-year-old played just one of his 42 games for Brisbane and coach Bennett said his departure was linked to incumbency of halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford.

Hunt will depart to join St George Illawarra at season’s end, while Taylor goes off-contract at the end of 2018.

“If he interested in us and he is on the open market, I am interested in talking to him,” Bennett told the Courier Mail.

“I never wanted to lose a player of Ash’s ability. Sometimes guys only get one opportunity at this level and it wouldn’t have been fair to keep Ash Taylor stuck behind Ben and Anthony.

“If Ash is interested in coming back, I’ll look at our salary cap position.”

Status
Not open for further replies.