NRL Round 2 | Non Bulldogs Team Lists & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAH what the hell!!

I can't recall the last time I saw that happen.

Bolton in for all money to win the game, gets tackled, hits the upright, and drops the ball.
Oh man that was so unlucky for the Cowboys. That would have been a try for sure if he hadn't hit the post.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Broncos playing well tonight.. @Kaz I'm jealous!
Thanks.

I had a Drs appointment at 7pm, Dr was running late by 2 hours, just got home.

I asked the receptionist to put the TV to the footy & watched the entire game in the Drs waiting room.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks.

I had a Drs appointment at 7pm, Dr was running late by 2 hours, just got home.

I asked the receptionist to put the TV to the footy & watched the entire game in the Drs waiting room.
Get well soon :grinning:

Great game either way.... The way Roberts moved across the field for one of those tries was awesome, and that young Issako from Sharks looks like a decent player.

Have to feel for Kahu though... gees he's copped some lengthy injuries in his career. Wasn't it him who snapped his leg in half.. or am I thinking someone else?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watching this game has me envious, plenty of genuine speedsters running around, would kill for someone as fast as Roberts... Morris boys have some toe when they get going but they are old and have poor lateral movment / agility.
Yh our backs are poor, totally killing us working the ball our from our end. The Morris' shit me to death, every game they go sideways from dh and get chased down and monstered by some forward. Meanwhile Fergo just charges onto the ball and eats uo the metres. Moses looks a class above the rest of our backs when bringing the ball out from our own end and he's only into his second game at fullback.

We probably need 3 new backs next season. Preferably some power backs with some pace that can actually break a tackle when working it our from our end or beat some defenders. Marsters is off contract and Isaako is another from the top of my head.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh our backs are poor, totally killing us working the ball our from our end. The Morris' shit me to death, every game they go sideways from dh and get chased down and monstered by some forward. Meanwhile Fergo just charges onto the ball and eats uo the metres. Moses looks a class above the rest of our backs when bringing the ball out from our own end and he's only into his second game at fullback.

We probably need 3 new backs next season. Preferably some power backs with some pace that can actually break a tackle when working it our from our end or beat some defenders. Marsters is off contract and Isaako is another from the top of my head.
Dont know if roosters will keep fergo when he comes off contract but id take him at the right price... really we dont have anything coming out of our own end besides Mbye. Not worth going after Mansour as that all he offers.... we are in a tough spot in this area for a while unfortunately. Ive looked at who's off contract and unless we can entice a rookie with a deal to good to refuse, the best option we have to replace J.Moz is Ricky Leutele imo as for wingers im not sure, i want Mosby but i dont think he will ever leave NQLD even though he should be in FG now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dont know if roosters will keep fergo when he comes off contract but id take him at the right price... really we dont have anything coming out of our own end besides Mbye. Not worth going after Mansour as that all he offers.... we are in a tough spot in this area for a while unfortunately. Ive looked at who's off contract and unless we can entice a rookie with a deal to good to refuse, the best option we have to replace J.Moz is Ricky Leutele imo
Yh there isn't much, not looking good. Fergo wouls be a handy pick up, returns the ball so well.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Sorry but I hate the Unicorns too much and most of their fans I know who only go for them just to stir shit - won’t surprise me if some play like crap for most of the season.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry but I hate the Unicorns too much and most of their fans I know who only go for them just to stir shit - won’t surprise me if some play like crap for most of the season.
Whenever I see Cowboys fans, I always hear the dueling banjos from the movie Deliverance.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I hate that kind of music. Whenever I hear banjos or any kind of country music, all I think is Turn That Shit Off

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard Wayne Bennett on radio say no Australian sporting club could overcome the adversity they faced in the last 2 weeks and come back like they had.

Gave me a good laugh, maybe he has to look a little deeper in the history books. He must have thought last night was the grand final.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Seriously, who cares what Wayne Bennett thinks. I for one cannot see him surviving the off season either

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty sure the refs just fucked the tackle count then
Do you mean when the cows got the 7 tackle count when the Broncos made a mistake.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard Wayne Bennett on radio say no Australian sporting club could overcome the adversity they faced in the last 2 weeks and come back like they had.

Gave me a good laugh, maybe he has to look a little deeper in the history books. He must have thought last night was the grand final.
He was taking the piss out of the media, after last week.

Media were writing the Broncos off, saying they were to old & too slow.

When the presser was over, I wanted him to do a mic drop & say BOOM.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously, who cares what Wayne Bennett thinks. I for one cannot see him surviving the off season either
Rumour is he is retiring.

He will be coaching director.

They want to talk with Paul Green

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching this game has me envious, plenty of genuine speedsters running around, would kill for someone as fast as Roberts... Morris boys have some toe when they get going but they are old and have poor lateral movment / agility.
Thinking about recruitment and the individuals that we have said no to or didn’t bother following up with makes me sick!!! Hasler and Cleal had an agenda, and that agenda was to set us back at least 5 years!!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Here what happened.

Wayne slaps media after horror fortnight

You’ll never divide us.

That was the message from a defiant Wayne Bennett after Brisbane hit back at their critics with a 24-20 NRL round two win over North Queensland at a packed Suncorp Stadium.

No fan of the media at the best of times, Broncos coach Bennett took aim at the press after the stirring win capped a tough fortnight at the office. The Broncos were first criticised for signing Matt Lodge after his 2015 New York drunken rampage before being written off in the wake of their woeful 34-12 season opening loss to St George Illawarra.

The post-match press conference appeared over before an unprompted Bennett fired a shot at the media.

“There is no other club in any sport in this country who would have pulled together in the last couple of weeks after all the adversity that we have been through,” he said.

“That’s what I am most proud of.

“You will never divide us guys, so stay out of it.

“Our strength is our club and our people.” As a journalist tried to ask him a follow up question, Bennett got up and walked out of the press conference with captain Darius Boyd. Bennett still had plenty to be delighted about after under fire five-eighth Anthony Milford rediscovered his running game to spark a Broncos fightback after they trailed 8-0 after as many minutes on Friday night.

And fired-up prop Tevita Pangai inspired the maligned Broncos pack in the four tries to three win claimed in bizarre circumstances.

Cowboys forward Scott Bolton looked set to score what looked to be the winning try with 90 seconds left before running into the goalpost and dropping the ball.

Pangai scored a match-turning 18th minute try, made 74m and pulled off plenty of big hits to fire up a Broncos pack that had been dismissed as too small to make a finals run after round one.

Pangai followed Bennett’s lead after the match, saving his final hit-up for the media.

“I was pretty fired up. You guys bagged us so you can take credit for that,” he said.

“Keep bagging us every week and we might keep getting a win. “We were disappointed (with our opening loss). Our completion rate was terrible — you can’t win footy games like that.” Milford resisted the temptation to fire back despite backing up his pre-match vow to reignite his running game against the Cowboys.

“It (media scrutiny) comes part and parcel with playing at the Broncos — it’s a big club that demands success,” Milford said.

“But I think we are going in the right direction.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s/news-story/f6dc7874372b341502b4a1bf3297106e

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the warriors are lucky to play some really crap teams to start and build confidence, but i like kearney so im glad for them

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
im over all these obstruction plays... if defending players show desperation to get to the player with the ball then fair enough to call no try.. but fuck me some of these have been woeful...

Status
Not open for further replies.