News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just went on the raiders forum.

None of them want elliot, they class elliot as a plodder

And here we are with some of our fans thinking elliot is the second coming.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just dont understand. We Pay Napa 600k. We pay Jackson 700k. Tolman i am not sure but would be 400k plus. Thompson 700k plus. Willing to spend 700k on Bateman.

Yet we can't fork out 450k for a bloke who has been one of our best. He isnt as bad as some people make out. Off the field he is the gel that holds alot together. People on here want to spend 800k on JAC.

Elliot wants a decent contract. But he wants to play for the dogs. These other recruitment options will only come here to rape the club of finances.

Bang for buck its a low risk no brainer.
I guess you kind of answered your own question though. They've tied up so much money already on forwards that Elliott might be a luxury they can't afford as they need to improve the spine urgently.

We'll see how it pans out. I reckon the club will cave and give him close to what he wants after they miss out on other targets.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The big deal to Jackson has hamstrung the club to some extent if it's anywhere close to $700k.

He just isn't given us the output you'd expect for that type of money and a player like Elliott can use that figure to work out what price he can ask for.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just dont understand. We Pay Napa 600k. We pay Jackson 700k. Tolman i am not sure but would be 400k plus. Thompson 700k plus. Willing to spend 700k on Bateman.

Yet we can't fork out 450k for a bloke who has been one of our best. He isnt as bad as some people make out. Off the field he is the gel that holds alot together. People on here want to spend 800k on JAC.

Elliot wants a decent contract. But he wants to play for the dogs. These other recruitment options will only come here to rape the club of finances.

Bang for buck its a low risk no brainer.
I'm personally not a fan of Elliott and players performing during contract year always makes me hesitant. However he has been our best forward (not really a great achievement) and arguably our second best player this season.

I'd prefer not to keep him, but I was also in favour of cutting Jackson loose or at the very least holding back on re-signing him and offering him far less coin. If i had to keep one of the two then it's an absolute no brainer and that would be Elliott. Pretty much better than Jackson at everything, costs a couple 100k less and he's approaching his prime.

Unfortunately the people calling the shots for us look to be incapable of determining a players worth to the club and lack the ability to manage the high turnover of players required to correct our roster.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
But, but, but...who will lead the song???

Seriously, feet-for-hands is not the player to blow the budget on. For his manager to advertise him otherwise is delusional.

Not for a second do I believe anyone has actually made him any sort of offer. If his manager thinks he’s a replacement for Frizell, then he’s not helping his client.

He’ll never be origin or an international, so why pay him like one?

He’s shown himself to be a contract year player...yeah Lichaa was one of them too.
Effort and desire have never been issues in terms of Elliott's game. If anything his problems have been discipline and consistency....both of which he has improved. Contract year player? Lol....some of you really don't know arse from elbow. He'll be playing origin within 2 years....especially if he goes to Canberra.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just went on the raiders forum.

None of them want elliot, they class elliot as a plodder

And here we are with some of our fans thinking elliot is the second coming.
Ricky Stuart's opinion > the opinions of clueless bogan fans....hth

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather let Elliot go and sign John Asiata.

The guy is extremely versatile, has tasted premiership success before and can't over take Taumalolo for the Lock position.

Titans, Dragons and Raiders are after him bigtime. I think he'll end up going to the Titans though.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big deal to Jackson has hamstrung the club to some extent if it's anywhere close to $700k.

He just isn't given us the output you'd expect for that type of money and a player like Elliott can use that figure to work out what price he can ask for.
The figure that he signed for will always be an estimate but probably sounds about right.
My real concern has always been the three years which our management agreed to.
He doesn’t have the same impact anymore.
We could have promoted one of promising juniors perhaps next year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Elliott is playing the best footy of his career but I'm always dubious about guys who do that in a contract year after a few seasons of average footy.

He's not worth overpaying for and he's easily replaceable. We could spend the 400-500k or whatever he's after towards a half like Burton who would have a far greater impact than Elliott ever could.
This should be the recruitment committee's ethos as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn’t be getting into a bidding war over him. If he goes he goes he isn’t irreplaceable.
Hope the club sees it that way as well...but can common sense prevail with some of the decisions these past years.

Our club's reputation in having an eye for good players and developing a great team has been shattered.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott is solid but he's nothing more than 350k solid, and if that's what the coaches have set I'm comfortable with that. He may be one of our better players but our side is beyond hopeless.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the haters...he is one of our shining lights and you don’t want him. He rejected bigger offers previously, has the smarts and courage to attack a line and create opportunities (how many of our forwards can do that?), plays tough and above his weight, gives and tries 100% I just don’t understand....
There is a price point. I ask you this lets take a good side, would he be one of their best players? No. At best and I mean at best he's a bench player in a good side. That doesn't tell e we should pay 600k plus for him. Sure he tries, but I'm so over paying through the roof for "triers" we need quality.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we let go of Elliot it will be yet another player let go that we will live to regret!!!
Strongly disagree and I predicted all the other ones (evident in my previous posts)
He’s just an average forward.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort and desire have never been issues in terms of Elliott's game. If anything his problems have been discipline and consistency....both of which he has improved. Contract year player? Lol....some of you really don't know arse from elbow. He'll be playing origin within 2 years....especially if he goes to Canberra.
was this supposed to be sarcasm , he is nowhere in the mix for origin At any time in the future . He ain’t getting lock ever, 3 way tussle with Radley/ Murray / turbo for starters and second rowers I can name a dozen that are around his age or younger that kill him already and they will only improve