News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@TwinTurbo Just to clarify since you're throwing out the disagrees again.. So you think Elliott is better than Finucane and is as good as Cam Murray and Radley?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but but but but but but but...... hes bulldogs DNA???? why arent we looking after our Bulldogs DNA... hahhahah thank fuck i hope he leaves, fuckeb butt average, has half a good season and then thinks hes a dual international..

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club owes him shit... If anything he owes us for his mad Monday antics.... Does try hard but way to inconsistent, see ya later Adam....

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wants to hold the club to ransom then fuck off. He might think he’s king shit, but realistically he’s playing in a shit team and that makes him look better.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He owes the club fuck all.

The media videoed him from a cherry picker.
add to that it wasn’t players only in attendance , I’m sure he could have been stopped as he was undressing before he could complete his sweet Caroline routines

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The other reason not to overpay for Elliott.. We have Topine and Doorey coming through who need to play. They'd be on cheap deals.

Save the money on Elliott, promote those two near the minimum and spend the money saved on the spine players we desperately need. That's how you re-build a club.

Not by re-signing Foran or overpaying for Elliott and wasting cap space by trying to retain the majority of a wooden spoon squad.
i agree with not over paying him, but you need experience and some hard heads around the young blokes. That has always been successful for us in our planning, we did this when we rebuilt the club last time, a mixture of youth and experience. Look at Brisbane now, now are lacking that leadership. I think Foran is a must, he is playing good footy in a losing team, lets hope Thompson gets the go forward we need and foran/wakeham can play over the advantage line instead of the out the back shit

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury favourite Adam Elliott could be in his final season at Belmore, with at least two NRL rivals circling the hardworking Bulldogs forward.

It’s understood St George Illawarra and Canberra have expressed interest in Elliott for next season and beyond.

The Bulldogs have had one meeting with Elliott’s management about extending his time at the club.

Adam Elliott has sparked the interest of other NRL clubs.
But it’s believed talks have not progressed after the initial terms of a contract extension were perceived as a “low-ball” offer.

With NSW Blues forward Tyson Frizell headed to Newcastle after season 2020 and uncertainty about the playing future of Jack de Belin, the Red V are looking to shore up their forward stocks.

The Raiders are also looking to add some starch to their pack after the club agreed to release Englishman and Dally M Backrower of the Year John Bateman at the end of this season.

Only two weeks ago Elliott talked about his affinity for the Bulldogs.

Adam Elliott could have played his last season at Belmore.
“I‘d jump in front of a train for the club but I’ve got a young family now and it’s that point in my career where I have to make smart decisions, informed decisions. I’m just going to turn up and try and play as good as I can for the Bulldogs and, hopefully, that will sort itself out,” Elliott told Fox League after Canterbury’s Round 6 loss to the Sharks.

Elliott, touted as a future Bulldogs captain, arrived in Belmore from Tathra as a 14-year-old and has played 87 NRL games since making his debut in 2016. But with the arrival of English forward Luke Thompson, and with Raiders forward John Bateman on Canterbury’s radar for season 2021, Elliott could be squeezed out. Thompson officially joined the club this week after he was granted an early release from English Super League side St Helens.

Elliott leads the competition for lock forwards this season in offloads (12) and try assists (2), and is fourth alongside Victor Radley for tackle busts.

New signing Luke Thompson during Bulldogs NRL training at Belmore Sportsground, Sydney. Picture: Brett Costello
He re-signed with the Bulldogs in 2017 despite bigger offers from at least three other clubs including Parramatta and New Zealand Warriors.

In February last year, Elliott offered to take a pay cut to help the club’s then-poor salary cap situation.

The Bulldogs have eight other players off-contract at the end of the season — Jack Cogger, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass and Aiden Tolman — while young outside back Morgan Harper has signed with Manly.

Bulldogs off contract: Adam Elliott, Jack Cogger, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Kieran Foran, Kerrod Holland, Marcelo Montoya, Sauaso Sue, Isaiah Tass, Aiden Tolman.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/19d2e545f3ee2fe4ddaf5ce7f666a953
If we let go of Elliot it will be yet another player let go that we will live to regret!!!

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Elliott is easily replaceable and not the sort of player we need to be paying overs for.

The club needs to prioritise getting our spine sorted before throwing big money into less important positions.

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
$550K for Holland??????? No wonder we're screwed.
Cotric wants $600K and were currently paying 550K for a park footballer. For an extra $50K we can get Cotric. Yes please
surely we are not paying Holland $550K

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is the biggest crock of shite ploy from Elliott's manager that I have seen. As if Elliott is a wanted man. He is average at best. If we keep him on a bargain then so be it. If he wants too much there are 50 Elliotts in the NRL!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i agree with not over paying him, but you need experience and some hard heads around the young blokes. That has always been successful for us in our planning, we did this when we rebuilt the club last time, a mixture of youth and experience. Look at Brisbane now, now are lacking that leadership. I think Foran is a must, he is playing good footy in a losing team, lets hope Thompson gets the go forward we need and foran/wakeham can play over the advantage line instead of the out the back shit
We definitely need experience and I'm not against them re-signing him but only after they've sorted out the spine first and if at a reasonable price.

I disagree about Foran as we can't rely on someone who misses roughly half the games and tries to preserve his body by not kicking or running much in the games he does play. Again, I'd much rather Burton who offers more short and long term than Foran.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This seems like a lose lose situation.

LOSE - the club re-signs Elliott, dwerps on TK speculate that he is on a gazillion dollars, then create 4 pages of raging butthurt in the game thread whenever he drops the ball
LOSE - Elliott goes to another club, he continues his upward development and hits his peak in about 2 or 3 seasons, and gets listed in dozens of butthurt threads about "players the club was stupid enough to let go", added to names like Thurston, Cook, the Morris twins, etc. Even though almost no one knows the real circumstances in each case.

Whatever. At least we'll always have a cactus and sweet caroline.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's a long way down the rankings in his position, I'd rather move him on and free up some $$$ he still has too many errors and dumb shit in his game

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We definitely need experience and I'm not against them re-signing him but only after they've sorted out the spine first and if at a reasonable price.

I disagree about Foran as we can't rely on someone who misses roughly half the games and tries to preserve his body by not kicking or running much in the games he does play. Again, I'd much rather Burton who offers more short and long term than Foran.
id like to see how foran goes this year before signing him again, but he will come at a lower price. If he can get back to his best then he is a top5 half.
Burton would be a great buy, another player that might come cheap is tryone may who the panthers hold in very high regard. He was top in the pecking order before his suspension.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
id like to see how foran goes this year before signing him again, but he will come at a lower price. If he can get back to his best then he is a top5 half.
Burton would be a great buy, another player that might come cheap is tryone may who the panthers hold in very high regard. He was top in the pecking order before his suspension.
I agree that unless they shop Foran mid season, which they won't, they should wait til after the season before doing anything with Foran.

If he suffers another lengthy injury before the end of the season, surely that puts an end to any thoughts of re-signing him. And if another club offers him decent money, then let him walk.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem is how long do you give him , what happens if miss out on burton and because of delay tigers sign him as they are reportedly after him .
The problem with recruiting at the moment in one hit , players would like to know who coach is long term , prospective coaches will want to have ability to refresh roster before take the job . ‘basically until they sort out coach situation they are fucked

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliott @ 450k or Jackson @ 700k, i know what the club chose :tearsofjoy:
I just dont understand. We Pay Napa 600k. We pay Jackson 700k. Tolman i am not sure but would be 400k plus. Thompson 700k plus. Willing to spend 700k on Bateman.

Yet we can't fork out 450k for a bloke who has been one of our best. He isnt as bad as some people make out. Off the field he is the gel that holds alot together. People on here want to spend 800k on JAC.

Elliot wants a decent contract. But he wants to play for the dogs. These other recruitment options will only come here to rape the club of finances.

Bang for buck its a low risk no brainer.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
problem is how long do you give him , what happens if miss out on burton and because of delay tigers sign him as they are reportedly after him .
The problem with recruiting at the moment in one hit , players would like to know who coach is long term , prospective coaches will want to have ability to refresh roster before take the job . ‘basically until they sort out coach situation they are fucked
we can still afford Burton and Foran if signed at the right prices. Id be letting go of Lewis who has just resigned also.