News NRL rivals circle Adam Elliott after Bulldogs’ ‘low-ball’ contract offer

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other reason not to overpay for Elliott.. We have Topine and Doorey coming through who need to play. They'd be on cheap deals.

Save the money on Elliott, promote those two near the minimum and spend the money saved on the spine players we desperately need. That's how you re-build a club.

Not by re-signing Foran or overpaying for Elliott and wasting cap space by trying to retain the majority of a wooden spoon squad.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been told he already on over 600k a year has been paid overs for the last 3 years.

His manager probably using the rumours of Bateman offer and try up his price.

I personally think he is only worth 500k Max when playing to potential even that is a stretch.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ive been told he already on over 600k a year has been paid overs for the last 3 years.

I personally think he is only worth 500k Max when playing to potential even that is a stretch.
He was defenitely not on over 600k per year lol. Are you trying to give people a heart attack?:tearsofjoy:

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score

He has been our best player this year along with Hoppa but if he wants anything over $500k then point him to the door.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh no, please don’t take him from us....

He’s a good footballer, but if another club is happy to outbid us for Adam Elliot then so be it. I’d rather save the money for Harry Grant/ quality outside backs/ decent halves then overpay a slightly above average middle forward.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Up to 500k otherwise Finucane 2.0.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what is classed as a low ball offer. If he’s wanting anything north of $500k it’s not low balling it’s a fair offer.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow so are we saying this guy is actually worth $500k or possibly more?

If so then he's all yours Dragons.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : I am more worried about tolman. He needs a new contract and a top up from
His $3.17 mil he is on thanks to des

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what is classed as a low ball offer. If he’s wanting anything north of $500k it’s not low balling it’s a fair offer.
The thing is, Radley and Murray are way better players but Radley would be on about 500k and Murray is on 650k.

If another club pays him 600k, then so be it as he's nowhere near the calibre of those two.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing is, Radley and Murray are way better players but Radley would be on about 500k and Murray is on 650k.

If another club pays him 600k, then so be it as he's nowhere near the calibre of those two.
Yeah I wouldn’t be getting into a bidding war over him. If he goes he goes he isn’t irreplaceable.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was defenitely not on over 600k per year lol. Are you trying to give people a heart attack?:tearsofjoy:
I wish I was lying to many players have been paid on alleged potential and he is one of them.

Thats how you fuck salary cap.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I reckon you've been fed some shit there bud. Not a chance he is on 600k.

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't the articles his manager spread at last contract time say that he was offered 250,000 frpm Parra but took 220,000 from the dogs?? Sure i read it on here. Maybe that was back ended.