NRL Rep Week a true reflection of our squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the beginning of the season and most of throughout there have been a few people on here claiming that our squad is better than where we are placed and how we are playing and that the coach and everyone/anyone else at the club is to blame for our form and not the players. The biggest argument in favour of this view is that we have anywhere from 10-14 Rep players in our squad, depending on who you ask. Well I would dare say that that argument has fallen over.

Current rep players:
- Klemmer
- RFM
- Martin
- Hopoate
- Montoya

That's 5.

It can be argued that Lichaa and Cerutto are rep players for Lebanon and Italy also, but let's be real. Montoya, Lichaa, and Cerruto are not 1st grade material. You can also argue that Woods, Morris x 2, Eastwood, Foran, and even Jackson are rep players, but truth is that none of them are good enough to make any rep squad today. There are many other players from other clubs ahead of them.

Blame Dean Pay, the new board, and anyone else at the club all you want. Simple truth is we don't have the talent. No one could coach this team to a Premiership. Could Pay do better, perhaps yes. Could another coach do better? For sure. Would they want to come to our club to coach this squad? I dare so no.

Finally if you believe that this has anything to with the club or club form and not the players individually then you are mistaken. Individuals can still shine in a poor team. Parramatta is a good example. They are last and have more rep players than us.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On another note if anyone can find or make a list of all rep players playing this weekend by club and post it that would be awesome. I would love to see it. I could not find one.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No offence to Tonga, PNG and Fiji but making their test team is not even close to playing origin or for the Kiwis and Kangaroos.

Klemmer is our only rep standard player at the minute.
Disagree. Tonga beat NZ in the World Cup. You also fail to mention England.

Anyway point of the discussion is that a few in here are counting those as rep players and even with these counties included we as a club have poor representation.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No offence to Tonga, PNG and Fiji but making their test team is not even close to playing origin or for the Kiwis and Kangaroos.

Klemmer is our only rep standard player at the minute.
I think it would be easier to make the Queensland forward pack then it is to make the Tongan forward pack.

Tonga is up there with the top nations now although nz have fallen back with players turning there back on them.. will keep happening but doubt will happen much with Australia because of the carrot we call origin.
$$$$

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Disagree. Tonga beat NZ in the World Cup. You also fail to mention England.

Anyway point of the discussion is that a few in here are counting those as rep players and even with these counties included we as a club have poor representation.
And Lebanon was robbed against Tonga what’s your point?
That means Lichaa is up there with the best lol.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Of course if we are going shit we wont have many rep players. We used to have more, but we werent as shit then.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the beginning of the season and most of throughout there have been a few people on here claiming that our squad is better than where we are placed and how we are playing and that the coach and everyone/anyone else at the club is to blame for our form and not the players. The biggest argument in favour of this view is that we have anywhere from 10-14 Rep players in our squad, depending on who you ask. Well I would dare say that that argument has fallen over.

Current rep players:
- Klemmer
- RFM
- Martin
- Hopoate
- Montoya

That's 5.

It can be argued that Lichaa and Cerutto are rep players for Lebanon and Italy also, but let's be real. Montoya, Lichaa, and Cerruto are not 1st grade material. You can also argue that Woods, Morris x 2, Eastwood, Foran, and even Jackson are rep players, but truth is that none of them are good enough to make any rep squad today. There are many other players from other clubs ahead of them.

Blame Dean Pay, the new board, and anyone else at the club all you want. Simple truth is we don't have the talent. No one could coach this team to a Premiership. Could Pay do better, perhaps yes. Could another coach do better? For sure. Would they want to come to our club to coach this squad? I dare so no.

Finally if you believe that this has anything to with the club or club form and not the players individually then you are mistaken. Individuals can still shine in a poor team. Parramatta is a good example. They are last and have more rep players than us.
Great posts and points - past rep players are exactly that.

Reactions: GDR

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Of course if we are going shit we wont have many rep players. We used to have more, but we werent as shit then.
I already addressed this. Parramatta has more rep players than us and they are sitting last. Although team form plays a role, it is individuals that get selected. Currently we have a team of poor individuals.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jackson is a rep player. He gives his best every week.
Whilst I love Jackson and he would not look out of place in the NSW team, there are several players in the same position that are playing better footy than him. I don't see Jackson or Woods ever making NSW again. Or any of our other previous rep players for that matter.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And Lebanon was robbed against Tonga what’s your point?
That means Lichaa is up there with the best lol.
Actually Lebanon didn’t even get belted by Australia

Look Tonga have depth now a player like George Tafua Who is a good first grade winger would struggle to make that side..
He walk walk into the Lebanon side

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson will be extremely lucky to ever play rep footy again.
He’ll definitely need to work on his game especially the attacking side if he wants to add to his rep jerseys. The problem is that there are so many quality players in his position. I think if we leave him at lock for an extended period that will help.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’ll definitely need to work on his game especially the attacking side if he wants to add to his rep jerseys. The problem is that there are so many quality players in his position. I think if we leave him at lock for an extended period that will help.
He won't ever be good enough as a edge forward, lock is a different story but he should have been playing there since last year. But like you said, there are just too many good players ahead of him. JDB and Trbojevic have streaked ahead of him at lock and i don't see him pulling ahead unless we have a massive season and he plays a big part in it. I do also find that most other fans laugh at Dogs fans for rating Jackson so highly.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The lack of rep players is part of a cunning club strategy so we can make a jump on our opposition during origin period..

Status
Not open for further replies.