Not open for further replies.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. He was held
2. He planted short
3. It was a double movement
4. The NRL is corrupt
We can't prove that the NRL is actually corrupt, but 99.99% of people watching the free to air telecast were certain of 1, 2 and 3. How can it be remotely possible that the officials could draw the opposite conclusion to everyone else?
It was a plain black and white decision - no try in anyone's book.
The Dogs played poorly and I admit that the better team won on the day, but in saying that the Dogs never got an opportunity to recover after that howler of a decision followed by two blatant forward passes in the lead up to the Rooster's next try. Bulldogs momentum and season = gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did you notice during the game that when the incident happened, all the commentators were absolutely adamant it was no try. They were more than happy to say no try based on the video ecidence at the time..... In other words they were being honest. By the time they were talking about it in the post game, they were trying to be more diplomatic about it and saying the ref had the best view. At the time though they all thought what we did. Video definitively showed no try.

I think channel 9 and the NRL are in bed together and I know 9 is in bed with the roosters. I have very little doubt the channel nine team were tapped on the shoulder during a break and told to not make a big deal of this and try to sell the idea of it being a legit try.

Absolutely disgusting. Listen to their comments at the time of the incident and it's obvious what they really thought.
Just goes to show how gutless they are, they don't have the balls to standup and say it was a disgraceful decision. Much rather lick Politis and Gyngells backside.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the NRL is as good as a political party always willing to point fingers and share none of the blame.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Slowly but surely the current NRL administartors are becoming the death of the game.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Archer backing his untouchable minions is just another nail in the coffin. Glad NRLol is done for another year. Probably the worst season of 'officiating' I can remember. Jewberg is killing the game. Thank **** it's NFL and cricket season now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
English referees are sponsored by spec savers , that might be an idea but saying that even the late great fred hollows couldn't help the vision of these arse clowns

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
there doesnt seem to be to much support for tony archer or greenberg over this no try fiasco, the nrl is being attacked daily by fans of the game who have had enough of substandard performances from referees and from the nrl itself when there is an issue

the media are now starting to hammer greenberg and dave smith more then ever before, and it looks like with the weight of fans and the media combined there might be changes coming at nrl hq
when there is continuous stuff ups from referees and continual denial from tony archer and greenberg, it doesnt take long till the fans and media are calling for a change at the top. lets hope it happens and happens fast

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
there doesnt seem to be to much support for tony archer or greenberg over this no try fiasco, the nrl is being attacked daily by fans of the game who have had enough of substandard performances from referees and from the nrl itself when there is an issue

the media are now starting to hammer greenberg and dave smith more then ever before, and it looks like with the weight of fans and the media combined there might be changes coming at nrl hq
when there is continuous stuff ups from referees and continual denial from tony archer and greenberg, it doesnt take long till the fans and media are calling for a change at the top. lets hope it happens and happens fast
If you believe in karma, the winds of change are blowing.

All this and the tools from the NRL are asking us to back the Roosters. Many of us have said for quite a substantial part of the season that this is what the NRL wanted and it looks like they just might get it.

The only backing of the Roosters I would like to do is to back over them with a cement mixer; twice.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon the NRL are going to screw us again with a lot bad calls against us guys. I just hate how they laugh when when they penalise us it burns me up.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Since 2004 we've won the penalty count for the season ONCE! They referee the jersey, not the team!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since 2004 we've won the penalty count for the season ONCE! They referee the jersey, not the team!
My friends, who are Rabbitoh supporters, say that the Bunnies get stiffed by referees as well. However, they do admit that the Bulldogs get more than their fair share of questionable decisions than any other team. The Roosters are heavily penalised throughout the year, but seem to get the controversial decisions their way in tight games.

I take your point about the jersey, and it's mainly the Ch.9 call team that does it. We are held to a higher standard than, say, the Roosters. The Dogs are subject to constant replays, repetition of an incident throughout the call, and an intensive post mortem on their Sunday show; while poor decisions or foul play against us are dismissed as part of the game of rugby league, and we should just get over it. Been this way for decades. Sadly, ABC radio is no better.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
My friends, who are Rabbitoh supporters, say that the Bunnies get stiffed by referees as well. However, they do admit that the Bulldogs get more than their fair share of questionable decisions than any other team. The Roosters are heavily penalised throughout the year, but seem to get the controversial decisions their way in tight games.

I take your point about the jersey, and it's mainly the Ch.9 call team that does it. We are held to a higher standard than, say, the Roosters. The Dogs are subject to constant replays, repetition of an incident throughout the call, and an intensive post mortem on their Sunday show; while poor decisions or foul play against us are dismissed as part of the game of rugby league, and we should just get over it. Been this way for decades. Sadly, ABC radio is no better.
It's true we should get over it but some times you want to scream remmember the rule no shoulder charge they anounced it about 2 years ago what happen when Evans hit kasiano nothing he didn't even get graded lol they said kasiano a neck and some bullshit whip lash thing like that makes you think fuk NRL really do hate the bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.