Reaction score
Damn this Wigan winger Marshall is fast

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos wont make the 8 this year
Been saying that for a bit. Bird is a good player but Moga was outstanding for them.

Ese’ese was easily in their best 3 forwards all year.

Hunt while solid isn’t a star but I think Milford will struggle with a kid by his side more then he did with Hunt.

Blair was solid without being amazing still someone I think better then lodge.

Arrow was solid and reliable.

Marshall and Mead was good when called upon.

In my head bird won’t change the overall loses.

Throw in the fact he costs 8-10 x what Moga did.

Add on the fact that so many rosters have dramatically improved. Both top teams and bottom 8 teams I just can’t see it happening this year unless major injuries occur elsewhere.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Been saying that for a bit. Bird is a good player but Moga was outstanding for them.

Ese’ese was easily in their best 3 forwards all year.

Hunt while solid isn’t a star but I think Milford will struggle with a kid by his side more then he did with Hunt.

Blair was solid without being amazing still someone I think better then lodge.

Arrow was solid and reliable.

Marshall and Mead was good when called upon.

In my head bird won’t change the overall loses.

Throw in the fact he costs 8-10 x what Moga did.

Add on the fact that so many rosters have dramatically improved. Both top teams and bottom 8 teams I just can’t see it happening this year unless major injuries occur elsewhere.
While I agree that the Broncos aren't a premiership contender this year your logic escapes me somewhat. Bird is an origin player - Moga is good but nowhere near his level and I think you will find that their current paychecks are a lot closer together these days. Ese'ese is just a plodder and not in the class of McCullough, Sims, Gillet, Maguire or Blair. Throw in the young blokes they have coming through and Ese'ese is a benchie at best.

Hunt is a current SOO/Kangaroo - solid? I'd hate to see what good looks like. Marshall and Mead are just stocking fillers for when your good players get injured - no loss there.

Overall though I think their roster is weaker this year than last and that is why they will end up bottom of the 8 at best.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Weird it was Checcin or weird he was solo?
Weird that he was chosen to ref an ESL game and that he was reffing a club game solo. Would love the nrl to be 1 ref.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
While I agree that the Broncos aren't a premiership contender this year your logic escapes me somewhat. Bird is an origin player - Moga is good but nowhere near his level and I think you will find that their current paychecks are a lot closer together these days. Ese'ese is just a plodder and not in the class of McCullough, Sims, Gillet, Maguire or Blair. Throw in the young blokes they have coming through and Ese'ese is a benchie at best.

Hunt is a current SOO/Kangaroo - solid? I'd hate to see what good looks like. Marshall and Mead are just stocking fillers for when your good players get injured - no loss there.

Overall though I think their roster is weaker this year than last and that is why they will end up bottom of the 8 at best.
You can’t of watched the broncos much last year.

Hunt was woeful at times though again he is a solid player. The broncos will certainly miss him.

What Moga is paid at the knights is not what I’m talking about. He was a very very damaging player and finally had a cracker of a season (even likely on bare minimum) bird is clearly better overall in my opinion too. Though again. My point stands.

Ese’ese was easily better then Blair and sims. Not even close. Sims is bloody average mate at best. McCullough a hooker doesn’t have much say about being a props, backrower.

McGuire and gillett certainly better by far. On form alone that’s it. Glenn is in past and you could argue that for Thaiday too.

Mead and Benji as depth is exactly what I said. Good depth. Now no longer there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Friday night the World Club Challenge between Melbourne Storm and Leeds Rhinos will be live on channel 9. Game starts at 8pm.
Thank you good sir! I have locked myself in!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Friday night the World Club Challenge between Melbourne Storm and Leeds Rhinos will be live on channel 9. Game starts at 8pm.
This game will be interesting, Cronk and Burrow no longer the 7's at respective clubs. Storm look the better, but i hope Leeds make a great contest out of it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are our trials being streamed? Last years were so...?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Massive blow for Broncos. @Kaz will be unhappy.

Andre Savelio looks to have torn his ACL badly and faces a lengthy sideline stint.
Not a massive blow. He would've been a bench player at best for them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are our trials being streamed? Last years were so...?
Fox League's coverage

10 February – Super League: Wigan v Hull FC at WIN Stadium, (7.45pm local)

16 February – Storm v Leeds Rhinos at AAMI Park (8pm local)

17 February – Dragons v Hull at ANZ Stadium (5.30pm local)

17 February – Rabbitohs v Wigan at ANZ Stadium (7.40pm local)

23 February – Storm v Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium (7pm local)

24 February – Rabbitohs v Dragons at Mudgee (7.30pm local)

Nine's coverage

16 February – Storm v Leeds Rhinos at AAMI Park (8pm local)

Live stream

Fans check your club website for a potential live stream of the match on gameday.

Status
Not open for further replies.