Status
Not open for further replies.

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
The NRL will pay tribute to seven retiring members of the 300-Club during a moving build-up to the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final 2018 on Sunday at ANZ Stadium.

Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys), Luke Lewis (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Simon Mannering (Warriors), Chris Heighington (Newcastle Knights) and Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos) will be part of the tribute. Billy Slater and Ryan Hoffman, who are in the Melbourne Storm squad for the Grand Final, will also be acknowledged.

Other players who will be part of the Retiring Players Class for 2018 are: Jonathan Wright (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Peter Wallace, Tim Browne (Penrith Panthers), Antonio Winterstein (North Queensland Cowboys), Beau Scott (Parramatta Eels), Jacob Lillyman (Newcastle Knights), Joseph Paulo (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Brenton Lawrence (Gold Coast Titans), Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra), Frank-Paul Nuuausala (Sydney Roosters) and Jason Clark (South Sydney Rabbitohs).

"This is an extraordinary group of players," NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said.

"This group has played quite literally thousands of NRL matches, and some of the players being acknowledged are some of our greatest players ever.

"But this list also includes some wonderful ambassadors for the game and I am certain we will see these players represent the game long after their playing careers have ended."

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will this be another wankfest for Thurston.

The way the media has been going on, Thurston is the only one retiring.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will this be another wankfest for Thurston.

They way the media has been going on, Thurston is the only one retiring.

AND yes it began as soon as the Intrust State Championship finished....no presentation ceremony broadcast because it is JT's first Grand final that he is watching in retirement. The first of a million chapters still to be written about him.

Tomorrow will be the first Monday after the grand final which was the first after he retired............

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Couple of ex-dogs players retiring.
All the best for the next phase boys.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This photo is from the Dogs website Day 1 of the high performance camp

Is he back at the club????????? Third from left...never wanted to leave and said that the Dogs was where he wanted to be........told hubby he wanted to come back some day....

The NRL will pay tribute to seven retiring members of the 300-Club during a moving build-up to the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final 2018 on Sunday at ANZ Stadium.

Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys), Luke Lewis (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Simon Mannering (Warriors), Chris Heighington (Newcastle Knights) and Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos) will be part of the tribute. Billy Slater and Ryan Hoffman, who are in the Melbourne Storm squad for the Grand Final, will also be acknowledged.

Other players who will be part of the Retiring Players Class for 2018 are: Jonathan Wright (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Peter Wallace, Tim Browne (Penrith Panthers), Antonio Winterstein (North Queensland Cowboys), Beau Scott (Parramatta Eels), Jacob Lillyman (Newcastle Knights), Joseph Paulo (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Brenton Lawrence (Gold Coast Titans), Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra), Frank-Paul Nuuausala (Sydney Roosters) and Jason Clark (South Sydney Rabbitohs).

"This is an extraordinary group of players," NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said.

"This group has played quite literally thousands of NRL matches, and some of the players being acknowledged are some of our greatest players ever.

"But this list also includes some wonderful ambassadors for the game and I am certain we will see these players represent the game long after their playing careers have ended."

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
@dogluva

This is what he does now

About
Leading Edge is a Rugby League program that was designed to help bridge the gap between Club and Rep level football.

There is an abundance of dedicated and passionate players within our Junior Rugby League Clubs that are unable to make junior development and representative squads. Having a program that facilitates young athletes who share the same passion, will help them grow together as they increase their skill level and knowledge of the game.

My main reason for wanting to start this football program is to help those young athletes who are unable to make Junior rep programs. This was my story when growing up and I feel very passionate towards helping kids who are in a similar situation. No skill level required, just individuals who are motivated, want to improve and have a good attitude.

Having played over 100 NRL games, I know what it takes to play this game at the highest level. The knowledge and experience I have gained over the course of my career I want to transfer into the next generation of Rugby League players.

https://www.lerla.com.au

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@dogluva

This is what he does now

About
Leading Edge is a Rugby League program that was designed to help bridge the gap between Club and Rep level football.

There is an abundance of dedicated and passionate players within our Junior Rugby League Clubs that are unable to make junior development and representative squads. Having a program that facilitates young athletes who share the same passion, will help them grow together as they increase their skill level and knowledge of the game.

My main reason for wanting to start this football program is to help those young athletes who are unable to make Junior rep programs. This was my story when growing up and I feel very passionate towards helping kids who are in a similar situation. No skill level required, just individuals who are motivated, want to improve and have a good attitude.

Having played over 100 NRL games, I know what it takes to play this game at the highest level. The knowledge and experience I have gained over the course of my career I want to transfer into the next generation of Rugby League players.

https://www.lerla.com.au

Thanks for that mate. Wow, he has gone up a million times in my eyes. Always loved him as a player and he always did his best. An honest toiler who was not what you would call a superstar but gee he has a wealth of info to impart to young kids. Good on him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Billy Slater got the ending that he deserved

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

This photo is from the Dogs website Day 1 of the high performance camp

Is he back at the club????????? Third from left...never wanted to leave and said that the Dogs was where he wanted to be........told hubby he wanted to come back some day....
Top bloke.
Absolutely the attitude we need to foster around the club.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lold hard when slater came up on screen. Massive boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.