News NRL off-contract list: Every player’s worth revealed in rugby league transfer market

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% Cobbo goes from $150 to $450-500k everyone who’s anyone can’t stop talking about how he is the next big thing.
Doueihi will easily get $650-700k at any club, he’d a gun and the tigers best. Go back and watch His games.
Hastings will get the $500-700k with ease as we have a shortage of genuine 7’s in the game atm hence why pretenders like Flanno / Wakeham / Averillo are given so many chances to play in the nrl
150k - 600k is what I wrote, and what the article said. You said 150k - 450/500k. Doueihi will not get 700k anywhere. Your dreaming! And the tigs have won 2 games, so Hastings has a lot to prove still.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
150k - 600k is what I wrote, and what the article said. You said 150k - 450/500k. Doueihi will not get 700k anywhere. Your dreaming! And the tigs have won 2 games, so Hastings has a lot to prove still.
You're living in Disney land if you think the players in question wont get massive pay day "overs"

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I just ignored $$ and looked more at who was available.

Names I thought were good was, Garrick (Solid & goal kicker), Hastings (ball playing lock but doubt as too expensive), Hiku, Ben hunt (#7 & #9 cover), Scott Drinkwater,

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a theory regarding Penrith and the Bulldogs. This is purely me speculating but let’s take a deep dive.

Gus Gould and Greg Alexander obviously hate each other. I think Gus will be hellbent on showing Penrith they can’t do it without him. His first signing as our GM was Kikau. The photo that was released the day before the parade was leaked by a “security guard who’s friend was a Penrith supporter”. I don’t believe that for one second. I think Gus is petty and the headlines that day were of him, Kikau and Barrett. Now I think next year our two big signings will be from Penrith. Gus said in an interview this week it is crucial to get players with premiership experience. I think we will be targeting Crichton and Martin and the evidence for that is as follows.

Gus has often said he thinks Stephen Crichton is one of the best centres in the game. Gus is very deliberate in what he says. I think he will be making a very strong play for Stephen next year. I really think Gus wants to destroy what he built at Penrith by stealing players from them ala what he did to us in the late 80s with Penrith. My evidence for Martin is basically that he’s Trent Barrett’s cousin and I think family ties will play a role. I think we have a strong chance of getting both next year.

Tl:dr I think Gus is petty and wants revenge on Penrith
We offered Crichton more money last year but he stayed at penrith for less, wanted to stay and play with his mates. Can’t see him leaving unless penrith have massive cap issues and they are winning comps, why leave?

Malla

Reaction score
I swear these articles are garbage what would a journo know about what a player is worth??

If a club is willing to offer you whatever $$$ then that's what you are worth lol

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
We should make a play for Will Kennedy or Daine Laurie.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hunt would not be a bad buy for 2 years, bring some stability and lead the team well with his style. Could do a lot worse.!!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph reported Cobbo has rejected advances from almost every NRL club and cost himself up to $200,000 a season to stay loyal to the Broncos.

Cobbo reportedly attracted offers of as much as $900,000 a season to jump ship, but will re-sign with the Broncos on a deal worth $700,000 a season until the end of 2024.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph reported Cobbo has rejected advances from almost every NRL club and cost himself up to $200,000 a season to stay loyal to the Broncos.

Cobbo reportedly attracted offers of as much as $900,000 a season to jump ship, but will re-sign with the Broncos on a deal worth $700,000 a season until the end of 2024.
900k would buy/almost buy you a Stephen Crichton. I hope we go there. I'm a little surprised Cobbo got offers that high, I guess you pay a lot on potential.