News NRL News: The Kennel Cleanout

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That off contact list sticks so bad, Alamoti is the only one who should be considered.
Jackson as captain should definitely be considered just at a lower number than what he’s on now.

Malla

Reaction score
The love for Doorey is bizarre. He’s trash and is extremely soft. I don’t like it when players milk for penalties and he is up there for one of the worst milkers in the comp. Get him out of here!
He was a unit in school boy footy and juniors. Injuries have fucked him.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Jacko is done at the end of '23.Would assume he might be ready to retire anyway.
He turns 32 in January so I’m not sure about that. Just saying he’s an automatic no like most of the other guys on the list

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He turns 32 in January so I’m not sure about that. Just saying he’s an automatic no like most of the other guys on the list
I'm expecting he'll be re-signed on the year-by-year contract merry go round and play off the bench. I mean, who else would sign him?

Fox may take over captaincy, as compensation for not becoming FB.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Scumgraph has the story all wrong & it actually relates to the The Kennel website cleanout?

Looks like the likes of Nasheed, D Holland, Isaac etc will be moved on at seasons end…..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL news: Brandon Wakeham heads list of six Bulldogs without a deal for 2023

A former top-rated Canterbury junior is among a list of six Bulldogs without a deal for next season as the club prepares for the arrival of new coach Cameron Ciraldo.

While one Canterbury forward will shrug off a stint in hospital to play for his future, another Bulldog is preparing to exit Belmore at season’s end.

The Daily Telegraph understands local junior Wakeham, who has struggled to earn a place in the NRL side this year, will not be retained by the club.

For backrower Joe Stimson, not even a stay in hospital and an intravenous needle that was still in his forearm on Wednesday, is going to stop him from taking the field and for good reason.

The 26-year old is also without a contract for 2023 and wants to use the final two games of the season, against Cronulla and Manly, to secure his future at Belmore.

So not even an untimely knee infection was going to get in the way of Stimson lacing up his boots on Saturday, in what is shaping as an audition in front of club officials and incoming coach Cameron Ciraldo.

“I’d love to say here, I’m off contract this year … nothing is really cemented yet but in saying that if (the Bulldogs) don’t really want me, I’d love to stay in the NRL for a little bit longer,” Stimson said.

Stimson, who has played 19 games this year, and his management are due to discuss his future in the coming days.

The former Melbourne forward was admitted into hospital earlier this week after a gash on his left knee became infected following last weekend’s loss to Parramatta.

Stimson insisted he would be healthy enough to play against the Sharks.

“Instead of having (antibiotics) orally it goes straight in, it’s just quicker,” Stimson said pointing to the infuser bottle connected to the drip line in his forearm.

“It was a cut on my knee from before, but it got infected I think from the ground.

“On Sunday it felt a bit sore, I sort of got a little fever on Monday and my glands were swollen a little bit … so they put me in hospital on Tuesday just in case but I was only in there for a few hours.”

That level of commitment is just one reason why superstar Josh Addo-Carr wants to see Stimson re-sign at the Bulldogs.

“Stimo and I go way back since our Storm days together,” Addo-Carr Said.

“He’s had a wonderful season, obviously some of the results have been disappointing but you see the kind of players that give their all and that’s Stimo.”

Like Stimson and Wakeham, under 20s NSW Blues forward Matt Doorey is without a home for next season.

Canterbury supremo Phil Gould, who is in the process of working through next season’s top 30 squad, is keeping a close eye on Doorey.

Doorey, a junior Kangaroos representative, is working his way back from an ACL injury in NSW Cup and it’s believed at least three other clubs have shown interest – including a western Sydney rival.

While big name recruit Tevita Pangai Jr is contracted until the end of season 2024, his demotion to NSW Cup this week has again raised questions about his future at Belmore.

It’s believed the former Brisbane forward, who is set to earn upwards of $750,000 next year, has been offered to rival outfits to help ease a salary cap squeeze.

Another 12 players contracted until the end of season 2023, including captain Josh Jackson, playmaker Jake Averillo and boom rookie Paul Alamoti will be eligible to test their value on the open from November 1 before getting the chance to impress rookie coach Ciraldo in the pre-season.

KENNEL CLEANOUT
NO DEAL DOGS
Matt Doorey, Brandon Wakeham, Jackson Topine, Tuipulotu Katoa, Reece Hoffman, Joe Stimson
INS
Viliame Kikau, Reed Mahoney, Ryan Sutton
OUTS
Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan, Jack Hetherington, Jeremy Marshall-King
OFF CONTRACT NOV 1
Paul Alamoti, Jake Averillo, Josh Jackson, Corey Allan, Bailey Biondi-Odo, Braidon Burns, Kyle Flanagan, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Ava Seumanufagai, Luke Thompson, Corey Waddell

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/22f321c4ac14b2f2112e74d6fc6a738e
The salary cap is the sad reality therefore the hard decisions must be made for our club to be great again, reluctantly I say some of these players have themselves to blame, in any case best wishes to all.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep I agree with Foxx, Stimson the only one I’d retain from that group of 6 without a contract. Thought he’s put in some decent shifts lately and has had a torrid time with injuries.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Alomiti only name I want kept.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully we Re-sign Alamoti and tell everyone else on that list they are free to leave at seasons end if they can find a new club as they will not be offered a new contract.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Jackson as captain should definitely be considered just at a lower number than what he’s on now.
Jackson deserves to leave on his own terms, he has earnt that right. He is so respected amongst the playing group on and off the field, he will stay. As you said on reduced money and playing time.
As for the others, it is all going to come down to what money they are prepared to stay for and how sits in out cap.
For me definitely Averillo, Alamonti, BBO definite re signings.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hope the dogs keep some coins spare, a brisbane walk out is a real possibility, its either the coach goes or players go, looking forward to the nags season review