NRL mates rally around Noel Cleal after devastating bushfires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
THIS is the heartwarming story about Aussie footy mates rallying around an old bushie in need.

Noel ”Crusher” Cleal, born and bred in the country, had fire rip through his 200 acres in Pappinbarra, 20km northwest from Wauchope, last Sunday, causing $80,000 worth of damage.

Told of Cleal’s plight, around 40 mates — many former rugby league stars — will converge on his property over the first weekend in March to erect 4km of fence which was burned to the ground.

Cleal calls it a “fencing bee”.

Among the ex-NRL players to help their mate include his brother Les, Jamie Lyon, Les Boyd, Wayne Honeywood, Charlie Haggett and Graham Malouf, the ex-Parramatta club doctor.

“It is the Swag, Brag and Snag weekend. Bring your swag to sleep in, snags are what we’ll eat and there will be some lies told at the night time over a few beers,” Cleal said.

Cleal is a rugby league icon. A rampaging centre and second-rower during the 1980s, Cleal represented Easts, Manly, NSW and Australia before carving out a highly-successful career as a recruitment officer for Manly, Parramatta and Canterbury.

He left Sydney just eight weeks ago for a peaceful life in the bush.

------------------------------

Cry me a river. Fat fuck. It's just a fucken fence.
People lost their houses.
You milked the club for how many million ? And now you need mates to help you repair an $80000 fence ?? What'd you spend the money on ? Pies ?
Fuck you.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll just sit there eating sausage rolls and watch everyone else do the work... maybe Des can make him up a graph to inspire the workers

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
THIS is the heartwarming story about Aussie footy mates rallying around an old bushie in need.

Noel ”Crusher” Cleal, born and bred in the country, had fire rip through his 200 acres in Pappinbarra, 20km northwest from Wauchope, last Sunday, causing $80,000 worth of damage.

Told of Cleal’s plight, around 40 mates — many former rugby league stars — will converge on his property over the first weekend in March to erect 4km of fence which was burned to the ground.

Among the ex-NRL players to help their mate include his brother Les, Jamie Lyon, Les Boyd, Wayne Honeywood, Charlie Haggett and Graham Malouf, the ex-Parramatta club doctor.

“It is the Swag, Brag and Snag weekend. Bring your swag to sleep in, snags are what we’ll eat and there will be some lies told at the night time over a few beers,” Cleal said.

Cleal is a rugby league icon. A rampaging centre and second-rower during the 1980s, Cleal represented Easts, Manly, NSW and Australia before carving out a highly-successful career as a recruitment officer for Manly, Parramatta and Canterbury.

You milked the club for how many million ? And now you need mates to help you repair an $80000 fence ?? What'd you spend the money on ? Pies ?
Fuck you.
I think poor Crusher has a problem he couldn't even talk a few sentences before mentioning food.
I'm sure once they told Crusher there would be snags he was the first one there

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Firstly - insurance.. use it.
Secondly - it's only a fence.
Thirdly - you burnt the club much more than $80k.
Fourth - take it from the pie budget.
Fifth - notice no Bulldogs reps/players went to help (shows how "liked" he was).
Sixth - Jamie Lyon is the only person he discovered that is okay.
Seventh - 4km of fencing is fuck all. I know people that will do that comfortably in a day, by themselves.

Eighth - where is Kane in all this?

Ninth - highly successful career as recruitment officer? What's the reporter smoking ?????

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifth - notice no Bulldogs reps/players went to help (shows how "liked" he was).
Seventh - 4km of fencing is fuck all. I know people that will do that comfortably in a day, by themselves.

Ninth - highly successful career as recruitment officer? What's the reporter smoking ?????
Nobody you know can do 4km of fencing in 1 day by themselves. Period.

That's a rediculous statement.

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesn't work for the bulldogs whats this doing in the bulldogs forum

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody you know can do 4km of fencing in 1 day by themselves. Period.

That's a rediculous statement.
So is spelling ridiculous with an "E"

If the uprights are still good and it's just a cable/wire run... 4km is achieveable in a day!

Anywhooo point stands to a degree.

40 people and 4000m .. that's 100m per person.
So say 2 hrs of work per person, and that's knocked over.. piece of piss.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would have that fence up in a day real easy,
Smash a few cans first then all pitch in.
Not a problem !

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so hoping there would be a thread for this 'article'...so much to say but just cant be bothered other than what a complete piece of poo crap in a crap paper...
I'll bet he had plenty of water ready in case the fire got near the kitchen

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fuck you.
You sir are a Champion!

Reactions: DT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Number 8.. LOL

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel for families who lose everything in these fires not some well off castaway looking bloke who earns probably more than 5 times the average Australian and has lost his fence. I wonder if he's going to roll his sleeves up and help others who have lost more than that after his meat pies are safely contained within his property again?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If a Kennel member lit the fire, I am willing to be your witness to say, you weren't anywhere near his property. :tonguewink:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is spelling ridiculous with an "E"

If the uprights are still good and it's just a cable/wire run... 4km is achieveable in a day!

Anywhooo point stands to a degree.

40 people and 4000m .. that's 100m per person.
So say 2 hrs of work per person, and that's knocked over.. piece of piss.
So what your saying is..

If the job is already almost completed then it's possible.

You know what we will agree on mr I? We will both be behind the Doggies this year and crossing our fingers for a major improvement.

Bring it on!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He was initially offered a brand new fireproof fence but he sad it was overrated and not worth the money. Instead he paid overs for a run down second hand fence from the property down the road. He still can't understand where he went wrong.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If a Kennel member lit the fire, I am willing to be your witness to say, you weren't anywhere near his property. :tonguewink:
Said in true Aussie spirit, unbelievable!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was initially offered a brand new fireproof fence but he sad it was overrated and not worth the money. Instead he paid overs for a run down second hand fence from the property down the road. He still can't understand where he went wrong.
Much like recruiting?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fires up that way were ( are) pretty devastating. Feel for those who have lost everything and it is never nice to go through what they have, but in the overall scheme of things it seems he escaped lightly. The ones I fear for are those who know nothing but the land and have lost everything; home and livelihood. But for the grace of God no lives have been lost thus far. Suicide rates peak in the country areas after these type of incidents, so any real toll may not be evident until a while down the track. I am hoping that people get the help they need, not only financially and physically but mentally as well.

A more heart warming story would have been those ex players helping those who have no such network of support. Sure mates will always help out but most of them, for other farmers and those on the land anyway are those who have also lost property and stock.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Number 8.. LOL
Remember how $BW used the clubs "treatment" (as in not offering an injured player a new contract) of Kane as a big factor in leaving?
I'm sure he'll take his silk lined swag out there to lend a hand, being so concerned for others and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.