NRL Lowdown: How is your team faring after Round 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BULLDOGS

HOW THEY FARED

There may have been controversy around a no-try that referee Matt Cecchin incorrectly referred to the bunker, but the Bulldogs simply didn’t score enough points or have enough to match the Eels as a defensive effort that finished with 35 missed tackles contributed to their 14-point loss.

WHO STARRED, WHO STRUGGLED?

Will Hopoate continues to be strong at the back for the Bulldogs and he scored their only try with three minutes to go in the match, adding some respectability to the scoreboard. While Aiden Tolman was his usual toiling, hardworking self and ran the most metres for the Dogs’ forwards with 124.

Josh Reynolds had a quiet game and may have been carrying an injury from last week’s match but his position in the halves is by no means assured and will need to take more control of the attack in coming weeks.

INJURY WARD

Brett Morris (knee rd 16), Michael Lichaa (knee Rd 6), Adam Keighran (shoulder, indefinite).

WHO’S LURKING ON THE EDGE?

The 20s went down 30-20 to the Eels but second-rower Jayden Okunbor scored a double. But in NSW Cup Matt Frawley and Dane Chisholm starred in a thrilling two-point loss to Manly and could — Chisholm especially — put some pressure on the first-choice halves pairing should they not generate more scoring options.

REPORT CARD

C: Lacked the grit from the win over the Panthers and missing the flair they had in their Round 1 win. The potential is there for the Bulldogs but that issue with consistency seems like it’s still going to be a problem in 2016, if their first three efforts are any indication. Next week doesn’t get easier with the Rabbitohs on Good Friday.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...796832381?sv=ed93415816f44311a2fd33bab0eebc1f

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN will be happy to see Chisholm get a mention lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@ASSASSIN will be happy to see Chisholm get a mention lol
That's my boy, well second boy, Rona was my first boy and look how he turned out ;)

Only a matter of time for Reynolds to get suspended or injured, then Chisholm will cement his spot in FG.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Are they going to do this every week now? "How your team fared after round x..." And they are marking teams like they are school kids (A,B,C etc). Rubbish journolism. Last week they rated a team who had been hammered by a margin that week a higher rating than us, who had won 2/2 at the time. So they can excuse me if i dismiss thier "ratings" as irrelevant and biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.