Opinion NRL Live Pass

JOHNY BULLDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi guys,is it charged to your phone bill or do you pay with a card? I only have a work phone so if it's billed to my phone I think I should probably ask the boss first :grinning: ....PS: Go the mighty Doggies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi guys,is it charged to your phone bill or do you pay with a card? I only have a work phone so if it's billed to my phone I think I should probably ask the boss first :grinning: ....PS: Go the mighty Doggies.
Mines on my phone bill mate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If via Telstra phone bill.
If direct to Kayo credit/debit card.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The other reason Live Pass wasn’t great - because the digital rights were held elsewhere, the NRL stopped casting a while back (originally you could watch it on TV) and then restricted it to 7” picture and SD so it wasn’t great. At least with Kayo you’re getting HD too.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrapped with 5 bucks a month. Foxtel were stinging me 54 a month last year as you can't get sports by itself.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wrapped with 5 bucks a month. Foxtel were stinging me 54 a month last year as you can't get sports by itself.
Well done mate. Even when it reverts to $25/month in a year you’re still saving more than double :-).

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yeah, RJ45 is great. I’m just a neat freak and don’t like exposed cables everywhere. If you can run it though a wall cavity or roof etc when building or renovating great. I’m not one for breaking walls too often but a patch and paint job can be done if it’s the only way.

Also the newest Wi-Fi 6 routers work a treat but the client must be W6 too to make use of the bandwidth.
Powerline adapters is what I use to get around that problem. Just buy a good set.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Powerline adapters is what I use to get around that problem. Just buy a good set.
Yup, another good solution.
How many do you have in the house?
Assume you have them meshed into a single network?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yup, another good solution.
How many do you have in the house?
Assume you have them meshed into a single network?
I just needed the pair. I have 3 outputs for the secondary one which allows other devices to be hard wired to it. So it's like they are all connected directly to the router. I took a 2Gb one. Which really gives about 800mb throughput. Still pretty good. I have an Asus RT-AX-88 which is probably the best home router for wireless speeds which covers everything else. Got lucky and saw it at a pawn shop for $150. Given it's retail cost, it was a bargin.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
DD convinced me to get Kayo & I’m glad I did. You generally get cheaper subscriptions if you’re a Telstra customer or dogs member too
HUH!

I'm a member, how do I get it cheaper?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If any Telstra customers want Kayo for $5 a month do this

This offer is for existing AFL and NRL Live Pass customers who signed up prior to the 22nd of December 2020 and hold an eligible Telstra account. To confirm if you are eligible for this offer, follow these steps:

1. Using a compatible web browser, sign in to your Telstra offers hub here: http://hub.telstra.com.au/kayo
2. Select ‘Sign Up’ to be taken to the Kayo sign up page
3. Select ‘Sign In’ and enter your existing Kayo log in credentials
4. Your Telstra voucher will be applied automatically
5. After you select ‘redeem’, you will receive confirmation that the voucher has been successfully applied to your subscription
@MattyB

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bugger, I dont have a telstra login

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bugger, I dont have a telstra login
The dogs did send this out in march last year just before kickoff

Make sure you don't miss any Bulldogs action this season by watching the games you can't get to, on Kayo!

As a loyal Member of the Pack, you can score a massive 12 months of Kayo Basic for only $200 when you sign up to Kayo’s Annual Pass! That’s a saving of $100 over 12 months based on the Kayo Basic $25/m package.

Enjoy every game of every round of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership Season LIVE, plus get over 50 sports LIVE and on-demand. Stream sport all year round with the NBA play-offs, the world’s biggest Motorsports, Wimbledon and the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia, plus heaps more!

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone who has signed up for the Kayo deal and is looking for options to stream it on your TV, I can highly recommend this:

Less than $100 and it integrates perfectly with my (older) Sony TV - all you need is a free HDMI port.

Everything is streaming at 1080P with zero buffering - performs A LOT better than the Foxtel app that I was previously using on my PS4. Heaps of other apps also available including Netflix/YouTube/Disney/Amazon Prime and many others. Supports 4K where available..

The remote integrates with my Sony set up perfectly, controls my soundbar/power along with the Chromecast interface.

Can't recommend this thing enough, it has breathed new life into my TV.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So won't be data free now for nrl games. I was looking to do all my sports streaming on 5g

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump. Seems like Kayo are rolling me on to the new $15 a month deal. If you had the $5 deal check your Kayo account to see. My next payment is due 2/2/22 and it says I will be charged only $15 a month.

Happy I won't be paying $25 for next 12 months Can someone else confirm? @Natboy

Last edited:

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump. Seems like Kayo are rolling me on to the new $15 a month deal. If you had the $5 deal check your Kayo account to see. My next payment is due 2/2/22 and it says I will be charged only $15 a month.

Happy I won't be paying $25 for next 12 months Can someone else confirm?
With all the sports they keep losing they probably have to offer more competitive pricing