Opinion NRL Live Pass

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have had bad luck with streaming kayo on my tv even with 90mb internet. Ill stick with the safe option of fox
How long ago was that mate?
I had problems the year before last with Kayo during the first month freebie so at the end of the month I cancelled. It was jittery and really annoying.
Last year I thought buggar it, Ill give it another crack and had no issues whatsoever.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
ok, whilst we are on the subject of Kayo, as a newbie who is looking to sign up (I used to have foxtel until the dogs missed the finals last year), i have these two options:

View attachment 20992

So my question is:

by "no. of screens" does this mean the number of allowed registered devices (like Foxtel Now/Go) or just he maximum number of screens that can watch at any one time and i can set it up on 100 devices if i want (like Netflix)?

I have 2 telstra TV boxes i'd like to be able to view from plus my phone which i'd use on the go, and with chrome cast.

Thoughts?
Simultaneous streams mate.
I watch Kayo on two different TV’s, iPad or Phone depending on where I am.
It’s not device restricted as such, just how many access it at one time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Simultaneous streams mate.
I watch Kayo on two different TV’s iPad or Phone depending on where I am.
It’s not device restricted as such, just how many access it at one time.
Thank you kind sir.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have had bad luck with streaming kayo on my tv even with 90mb internet. Ill stick with the safe option of fox
Wi-Fi? You need to use the 5Ghz radio.
Depending on where your router is compared to your TV, 2.4Ghz can struggle. It’s not just the download speed but your home network too. Once you get that singing there’s no worries.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I had problems the year before last with Kayo during the first month freebie so at the end of the month I cancelled. It was jittery and really annoying.
Last year I thought buggar it, Ill give it another crack and had no issues whatsoever.
Yes they also improved their codecs and steaming tech, that’s true.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cancelled Fox at the end of the 2020 footy season. Now just signed up to Kayo but had to pay $15 per month for a12 month deal, hadn't heard of the $5 deal though.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cancelled Fox at the end of the 2020 footy season. Now just signed up to Kayo but had to pay $15 per month for a12 month deal, hadn't heard of the $5 deal though.
Yeah I just signed up and paid $15 per month for 12 months with xtra large mobile plan. Didnt know of this $5 deal apparently you needed and nrl account which I dont have.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I just signed up and paid $15 per month for 12 months with xtra large mobile plan. Didnt know of this $5 deal apparently you needed and nrl account which I dont have.
Thanks mate, but I guess its to late now.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks mate, but I guess its to late now.
If you’re a Telstra customer follow the steps I posted mate. They’ll automatically upgrade you to the new deal and you’ll only pay $5

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depending on where your router is compared to your TV, 2.4Ghz can struggle. It’s not just the download speed but your home network too. Once you get that singing there’s no worries.
My problems were also fixed by deleting the app on my Apple TV and re-installing. How good is the internet! No TV or fox reception at a grand final party during a storm so we watched the game via the 9Now tv app! Saved a quick dash to the pub haha

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my fiance is with Telstra. This mean I'm getting Kayo for $5 now? Win.
For 12 months; then it goes up to $25, or maybe the charge will have increased by then - monopoly and all that.
The fact that the Murdoch media is hailing this as "a win for sports fans" should ring alarm bells.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I share my kayo with a mate. It works well that way, and we halve the cost. Also you can watch 2 things at once on one screen. I have been watching the NFL and having the cricket on a small screen in the corner, it's very easy to switch between the two.

Also someone said get an apple TV. Highly recommend that. Much easier if you have a dedicated device. Most smart TV's are not even in the same ball park for functionality. Amazon fire stick would be my other recommendation if you don't want to spend that much. You get a remote, and don't need to start your stream off a phone like a chromecast.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh i have kayo, it works well and u can turn it off in the off-season if u want

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Even at $35pm full freight, it's not expensive if you like watching sport.

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
Around 12 months ago maybe a little longer, legit only reason I have fox is for the footy.

I might give it another go.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Another tip, use Ethernet over WiFi when possible.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Around 12 months ago maybe a little longer, legit only reason I have fox is for the footy.

I might give it another go.
If you used your name last time, If you have 1 get the miss's to sign up. That way if its still crap, you can just opt out before the months up and wont have to pay anything asuming they still do first month free.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Another tip, use Ethernet over WiFi when possible.
Yeah, RJ45 is great. I’m just a neat freak and don’t like exposed cables everywhere. If you can run it though a wall cavity or roof etc when building or renovating great. I’m not one for breaking walls too often but a patch and paint job can be done if it’s the only way.

Also the newest Wi-Fi 6 routers work a treat but the client must be W6 too to make use of the bandwidth.