News NRL legend Ben Elias blasts Canterbury Bulldogs’ Board for broken promises

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just as I said with Tolman. The idiot came out and talked about the board and now that's being used by people against us.

Unbelievably naive choice for him to make, and it's going to bite him in the arse.
Why do you think he did ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ordinarily I’d agree with you, you keep that s*it in-house and don’t give the media another reason to write stories. But Tolman is part of the leadership group, well-versed in how to talk to journalists and being diplomatic. So for him to insinuate the clubs leadership is below par, it’s obviously reached boiling point and that should set off alarm bells. Id guess he’s echoing what a lot of the playing group may be thinking as well.
I agree but there’s a way to go about it and it’s definitely not through the media. IF there were any thoughts of re-signing him which I don’t think there was I’d tell him to to start looking elsewhere

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree but there’s a way to go about it and it’s definitely not through the media. IF there were any thoughts of re-signing him which I don’t think there was I’d tell him to to start looking elsewhere
You go to the media when all other avenues have been dead ends. It doesn't appear that the Board is listening to its players and fans, or cares.

This is always a problem when Boards are elected annually, but are judged on the success of their long term planning. If they aren't going to be around to enjoy the benefits of their decisions, they will panic, looking for the short term sugar hit for the next election.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fellow supporters...There is no need to abuse each other to express an opinion :grinning:
Guys we have got it all wrong about who originally signed Hasler in total control...Greenberg did !
Greenberg was the CEO and Dib was only a board member.
Yes under Dib's watch Castle was signed to replace Greenberg, Hell...the ARU made the same mistake !!!
Dib negotiated with Hasler for 18 months until he stripped him from his powers and sacked all his cronies.
Before resigning him
3 times Dib consulted the playing group, they shouldered the blame for the bad form, are we surprised ?
and that is after Hasler had promised "he would change the boring playing style" but never did.
After losing the election Dib said "I shouldn't have trusted some people ". We all know why now !!!
Hence I maintain that Dib's biggest mistake is what he did to Jimmy

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF has Benny Elias ever had to do with us?

He can just F@#K OFF.

If they want to be serious get a Mortimer, or Andrew Ryan or Lamb or even Simon Gilles but Elias? FUCK OFF.

Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel for has beens who want to stay relevant
Why are they wheeling out past players who had nothing to do with our club to rant and rave about our board

this shits getting weird. It seems to me that everyone is shitting themselves that our clubs going to rise up again and be the behemoth sydney club like it was at the expense of these other minnows like Tigers and Manly

Last edited:

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the 9 pillars they refer to in the article. I would rather bulldogs fans see the pillars and judge the board ourselves than have a bloke who finished his footy 3 decades ago and has never put on our jersey disrespecting us by making statements that are speculation at best because he has no access to the inner sanctum whatsoever.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have been having panic attacks due to not knowing what he thought. I too am relieved to hear his opinion.

I'm hoping that the players develop a siege mentality and use that us against the world feeling as motivation to turn the season around.

If we'd kept Pay in charge for another year I'd have accepted the decision and supported him. He hasn't achieved much except for the two late season charges. But he's hardly had a great roster at his disposal. But the fact that last year we had a run against a number of top 8 sides to scrape our way to within a couple of points of the 8 shows that we should have had the cattle to have won at least 1/4 to 1/3 of our games. But we've become the whipping boys of the game. So while we can't replace 30 players at once, maybe a new coach will alter the team dynamic and get more from those we have here now.
Hell I have never liked Barrett and I am a fan of Pay but it was time
Hence I maintain that Dib's biggest mistake is what he did to Jimmy
Do you mean Dymock ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have the 9 pillars they refer to in the article. I would rather bulldogs fans see the pillars and judge the board ourselves than have a bloke who finished his footy 3 decades ago and has never put on our jersey disrespecting us by making statements that are speculation at best because he has no access to the inner sanctum whatsoever.
Some mafia wannabe made a thread about it here somewhere

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Gee Ppl listening to Benny

let's get his track record out

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You go to the media when all other avenues have been dead ends. It doesn't appear that the Board is listening to its players and fans, or cares.

This is always a problem when Boards are elected annually, but are judged on the success of their long term planning. If they aren't going to be around to enjoy the benefits of their decisions, they will panic, looking for the short term sugar hit for the next election.
I’d like to know if Tolman has even said anything to them directly though. He should leave in protest before speaking to the media

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Graham announced his deal with St George on 5 / 9 / 17
Hasler got sacked on 20 / 9 / 17
I honestly can't tell who's decision it was
Remember Canterbury wanted Tedesco, Woods an Moses as a package
Hasler didn't want Moses as consequence we lost Tedesco in the cooling off period !
We ended up with Sharon Woods and Graham got squeezed out :rage:

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Graham announced his deal with St George on 5 / 9 / 17
Hasler got sacked on 20 / 9 / 17
I honestly can't tell who decision it was
Remember Canterbury wanted Tedesco, Woods an Moses as a package
Hasler didn't want Moses as consequence we lost Tedesco in the cooling off period !
We ended up with Sharon Woods and Graham got squeezed out :rage:
Dib owned the decision to ask Jimmy to sacrifice himself for the club. It was a terrible decision. The club hasn't been the same since. You could argue that the club wasn't the same since Hasler moved Ennis on (a mistake at the time, and a huge mistake in hindsight), but the situation was still somewhat redeemable. Asking Graham to fall on his sword was the last straw.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyones an expert on Canterbury, we didn't plan on the schoolgirl scandal, the injury toll, butter fingers Zelezniak or Pays ability to get the basics right.
The decision to offload the Morris boys and Haslers influence on the roster.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally I was never a fan of Ellias, you either like him or hate him
Now he works for News Ltd's Fox Sports, They hate us there !!!
But does that change the fact that our board has failed our club, Pay and most importantly us supporters
Look at our lack of sponsor and declining memberships and merchandise sales :rage:
Did you know that they were pushing to replace Pay by Lynne's son Ben in the early weeks of 2019 season ?
We are The Family Club...Not Their Family's Club !!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we all start taking Elias's word as gospel we are in bigger trouble.
This guy has history of loads of trouble ethically & financially so i don't think his opinion is valid BUT our club is a basket case right now i agree, just don't need to hear it from him
He talks some of the most embarrassing dribble on NRL 360 lol.

I dont know who's worse, Elias, Blocka or Braith.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This board has been reactive from the get go

They deserve all the criticism for failing in all their promises/policies and for dragging this great clubs name through the mud

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d like to know if Tolman has even said anything to them directly though. He should leave in protest before speaking to the media
Player representatives have fronted Hill with questions for years on various topics and Tolman is one of those.There was an questionnaire conducted by an independent company at the end of 2018 as requested by both parties on the pretents of anonymity.The results were taken on board and S.F.A was done.
The players have been frustrated for a long while by the lack of transparency from the board.Ball is in their court now

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite picture of The Door:
A12A58BC-1866-4390-AB9D-7E296FCC9AB3.jpeg
NSWRL Grand Final, 11 September 1988
Sydney Football Stadium
Canterbury 24 Balmain 12

But seriously, who is The Door to question success: Rozelle Village anyone?

People in glass houses should shower at their neighbours house Benny...