NRL Ladder over each team's last 6 games

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever i read FZ's new threads I think "man, that guy has too much spare time on his hands" :grinning:

But seriously, i think its an interesting analysis, and i think its obvious we'd probably be higher on the ladder with either potter or anyone-but-Baz coaching, but as someone above said Potter and the team haven't been burdened with an expectations either, and i think teams do seem to have this honeymoon thing when they sack an underperforming coach. I'm going to conclude i don't have a clue if we would have made the 8 with Potter in charge :p

Speaking of teams with caretaker coaches, i notices that the Tigs in the past 4 rounds:

Got within 8 of the Eels (pre origin - i didn't check number of players out)
Only got beaten by the Panfers by 2 (admittedly post origin and i thin without the halves).
Got dead set shafted in the Cows game
Beat Broncos.

Not a bad effort. Only 1 win but i think they are playing better than at least the Tits, Warriors and Knights.

Wonder if Tigers fans are calling for Noddy to stay on?

Last edited:

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz’s refusal to change when things weren’t improving was his downfall. His stubbornness with his system was terrible

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Michael Potter has been in charge for 9 games now so I didn't count the first 3 games as it took us about that many games to be use to his system.

01. Panthers = 10, +66
02. Cowboys = 10, +48
03. Sharks = 10, +47
04. Bulldogs = 8, +58
05. Raiders = 8, +22
06. Rabbitohs = 8, +19
07. Eels = 8, +12
08. Roosters = 6, +42

09. Sea Eagles = 6, +36
10. Broncos = 6, +0
11. Dragons = 6, -32
12. Storm = 4, -20
13. Tigers = 2, -41
14. Knights = 2, -62
15. Warriors = 2, -70
16. Titans = 0, -74
Fcuk we still think alike bro. I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to do up similar ladder..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fcuk we still think alike bro. I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to do up similar ladder..
Miss ya brother.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To improve further, I reckon better fitness but more so an onfield leader. Knights were there for a pounding yday but we lacked a ruthless streak and we seemed to clock off well before the finish and knowing we had the win.
A factor that needs to be considered with the 2nd half yesterday. Restarts NK 3-0. Penalties: NK 5-1. Possession: NK 58%. And they only managed 1 try in that half from a forward pass. In fact both tries were from forward passes. I don't see the point of employing blind touch judges.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It is very easy for a coach to get caught up in what could and should be and pressure the players to become it faster than what is realistic. There is a very good chance that Baz did a lot of the foundation work, but was pushing them to another level prematurely and when Potter came in and undid the pressure to strive to that next level, the foundation was there to show off how solid they had become.

It is a theory. :grinning:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz had no clue, you dont sign talented kids in the backs like fox and burto and constantly play block plays.
Our d has improved alot too as has our error rate.
Still think we need to be fitter
Shit for a moment there I thought you said fittler

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I just wanna say how happy I was with our defence yesterday. Building nicely.
That wasn't good defence. It was the Knights offering nothing. AOB stole Barrett's playbook, and has got it down to perfection.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
That wasn't good defence. It was the Knights offering nothing. AOB stole Barrett's playbook, and has got it down to perfection.
Call it what you want they still only managed 10 points and they had all the ball in the 2nd half.