NRL is a FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes thanks for that.. Have heard murmurs of this on the news.

It's that last comment in the article that needs to be addressed and stamped out of junior league.

"But rugby hardliners like Craig Dwyer say the big players and the even bigger hits that come with them, are just part of the game.

“If they're going to play rugby league anyway they're going to come up against bigger kids, smaller kids," he said.

They've got to face it some time.”

It's the wrong mind set kids grow at different rates, adults can compensate for size with muscle building but kids can't.

I've seen it so many times, kids that can accurately kick goals, sprint, hold, pass the ball .. All leave for soccer because they get thrown around like ragdolls or crushed in tackles by bigger kids and then come off the field disillusioned and defeated by big fat kids without skill. No offence to big fat kids but just saying
I remember as a young fella just going into high school, balls hardly dropped, going up against what seemed like these fully grown polynesian lads who most likely been shaving since they were 10 lol. They would just pummel you

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way some ppl will be happy with our current board in the 5months they've been in..... immediately sign cameron smith, val holmes, semi radradra, cam munster, pangai jnr, maloney and cordner...
If all dont sign now the board has done nothing.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My team sucks, therefore the league and competition sucks.

Flawless logic.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember as a young fella just going into high school, balls hardly dropped, going up against what seemed like these fully grown polynesian lads who most likely been shaving since they were 10 lol. They would just pummel you
Balls hardly dropped!! Had to read that twice lol, thought you were talking about the football

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We don't need 25 rounds to find out who the top 8 are.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cant blame the nrl its our own fault we have to own it
Quite reasonable to blame both...... Our past admin is accountable, no doubt about that......but there's no way in Hell a professional sporting organisation should allow such creative accounting.....it's dodgy as fuck....and a totally unprofessional look for a totally unprofessional code.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and moore it sounds like your on the current board so please explain after getting rid of close to 5million dollars worth of talent how on earth we are still struggling in regards to the salary cap ?????????
So a Broncos fan on the board.

Show me the money.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol....No it’s not. Still the old board. Look at what is happening to our roster. You got rocks in your head? :p
I've got rocks lol so why couldn't the board just wait till the end of the season to get rid of the players, we wouldn't of gotten the wooden spoon and we would of been able to attract players that we need.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole organisation is a fail by allowing our club to go down the shitter, they do realise we as a club represent their brand and we attract alot of support lmaoo, they couldve put a stop to the backended deals and sanctioned us to protect their brand but clearly they dont give a fuck lolol wat a fucking fail hahaha
Are you retarded

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I've got rocks lol so why couldn't the board just wait till the end of the season to get rid of the players, we wouldn't of gotten the wooden spoon and we would of been able to attract players that we need.
Because if they aren't going to be here next year, it's smarter to get rid of them now, to start planning for the future and to give some of the guys who will be expected to fill their shoes a chance to acclimatise. As much as I don't want the spoon, I'll take it if it means we will be back on track and competitive again a little sooner.

Also, by releasing them this year, I'd imagine it allows us to pay a higher percentage of their salaries now when it doesn't matter so much and a lower percentage in years to come when we are actually in a better position to recruit. Keeping the players around to avoid this years spoon would have only slowed up the necessary process of change.....and it would have been a daft idea anyway as the squad wasn't performing any better when the released players were still in our side.

Finally, because offers that were put on the table by clubs mid season may well have been off the table by season's end.....Cronulla made it known they wanted someone THIS YEAR. If we hadn't have given them Woods this year, who is to say they wouldn't have signed someone else?

I see a number of reasons.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Are you retarded
Why would you imply that? It's a perfectly valid question, IMO....the NRL is involved in all contract registrations and should definitely take stronger measures to prevent its money making assets (clubs) being sabotaged by power hungry coaches who want quick success.

The responsibility is ours, 100 percent.....but that doesn't mean it isn't negligent of the NRL to register these sort of deals.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to blame the nrl, I just can't. As has been stated countless times, it's our previous board and coach that allowed this colossal fuck up to happen. The nrl can't hold every clubs hand and oversee every poor decidion that's made.
Budgeting for a 10+ million salary cap when it only turned out to be 9.4 was a imbecilic move.
We're supposed to be a "professional" organisation after all.

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but that's just what I think

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I gave up playing RL at 18. I'm only a small framed guy and I was getting absolutely smashed at Fullback (Back when they could still tackle you in the air while catching a kick) I was recieving too many concussions.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and moore it sounds like your on the current board so please explain after getting rid of close to 5million dollars worth of talent how on earth we are still struggling in regards to the salary cap ?????????
Agree,100% and y is the club not keeping us up to date,on everything,what I and many don't understand,how can they have miss appropriated,a salary cap to such an extent that we are ratshit,for 3 years,and why on earth are these people not answerable ,my personal belief is that,there's more to this than meets the eye,.

Status
Not open for further replies.