NRL Grand Final Entertainment.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I liked some of Meatloaf's songs but I don't know what he was doing that grand final day, it was way worse than pub karaoke.
You don't have to have trained as a music critic to know that Meatloaf was awful that day, but he later claimed that they didn't do a sound check and he couldn't hear himself sing. Karaoke 101 - shuffle around the stage until you can find a sweet spot where you can hear yourself properly or you will sound terrible (you might sound terrible anyway, you can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear).

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I didn't see it but read Robbie Williams tore it up at the gayfl GF..did a Tribute song for Warnie and one for John Farnham..supreme entertainer that fella.
I still wouldn't even wander out the door if he was playing in my front yard TBH.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So many decent Aussie bands out there trying to make a name for themselves in metalcore/prog metal circles.

If they really wanted to make a riot of Grand Final Day, get Steel Panther to come early for their tour and have them and Nekrogoblikon perform :D

That said if Jimmy got up on stage and did this, it'd break the internet.

So many top Australian metalcore bands getting around these days. Oh man, could you imagine Steel Panther and Nekrogoblikon playing the half time show. The outrage that would come from the PC brigade, they would be sent crazy.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many top Australian metalcore bands getting around these days. Oh man, could you imagine Steel Panther and Nekrogoblikon playing the half time show. The outrage that would come from the PC brigade, they would be sent crazy.
Nekrogoblikon would just be there for the sheer randomness (and dress John Goblin in like a Souths jersey).

Steel Panther would have Ch9s complaints department busy for months :D

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nekrogoblikon would just be there for the sheer randomness (and dress John Goblin in like a Souths jersey).

Steel Panther would have Ch9s complaints department busy for months :D
People would be looking at John Goblikon like "what the fuck is that". Only the coolest goblin getting around.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should of kept it western Sydney and had onefour for the entertainment. How long can they keep wheeling out Barnsey

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be turning on the telly 30 seconds before the scheduled start. That way I'll avoid the pre-game "entertainment", the speeches, the back slapping, the national anthem, the oh so patronizing welcome-to-country ceremony, and get to watch the one thing I've tuned in for - the football!
Agreed. Especially the cringe worthy welcome to country.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
The ultimate would be a 2hr gig of Metallica with the 2 teams running out to Enter Sandman just before kick-off.
Nah I can't see em doing that. Besides, they'll probs be back here soon anyway since cancelling during covid.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My pre-game entertainment will be simple. Beer, steaks and TISM.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Parkway Drive would have killed it. The Fox Sports promos with them have been awesome. To bad they are on tour in UK

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score