NRL Grand Final Entertainment.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Had a security gig for one of his shows, top bloke and down to earth, was sending food and drink to my crew all night and personally thanked us at the end.

PS he can tell a good joke or two.
Good to read, comes across as a genuinely good bloke.Fuck me couldn't he party and drink lol
Rips out a balls and all tune or 20 too the wild bastard #gottaLove Barnsey

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The NRL mustn’t have got the memo that the borders are open now and we aren’t stuck with the same boring aussie acts we had on repeat during covid. I won’t be watching

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about they erect a wrestling ring and have Milne, (he's finishing move is the clothesline) tag up with Walker, (literally plays the heal better than anyone) with Mitchell as their manager, he'll no doubt get involved at some stage, up against JWH, (he's great in no disqualification matches) tagging up with Victor "The Enforcer" Radley, (finishing move the spear tackle)

Let them go at it, with a 20-minute time limit, falls count anywhere.

If this doesn't work out, then have those club running races. I'd back in our winger, the guy that came from the Storm........did someone say JAC?

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with a previous comment someone made a few days back.

I'll be working around the pre-game entertainment, not really interested only care about the game itself but I know they've got to do something but I'm simply not that interested.

Channel 9 have gotten worse over the last 10 years or more with games starting at 7:50pm but we have to put up with nearly 50 minutes of crap beforehand, same with the State of Origin Coverage, it's become a joke and is only going to get worse as we seem follow everything the US do, with big companies saturating us with their repetitive commercials. If it's not a corporate bookmaker add, it's an insurance add.

Years ago, they started at 7:30pm and had a few interviews with the coachces and a couple of promos and then straight into the action. I don't care to watch Joey analyzing plays on a computer screen for 10 minutes and then talk crap until the games starts.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I intended to watch the Sydney Swans but I only managed to last until quarter time. If they were racehorses, the stewards would be asking some pointed questions. Anyway, I watched long enough to hear somebody have a whack at Meatloaf. For any visitors from Pluto who might be reading this, Meatloaf gave a less than stellar performance at the 2010 GF (I think it was 2010), and it still gets a mention this time of the year. It never ceases to amaze me that a genuine quality performer can have an off day and it's a hanging offence, yet most years they book rubbish artists who deliver rubbish performances, because that's all they do, and nobody seems to mind.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I intended to watch the Sydney Swans but I only managed to last until quarter time. If they were racehorses, the stewards would be asking some pointed questions. Anyway, I watched long enough to hear somebody have a whack at Meatloaf. For any visitors from Pluto who might be reading this, Meatloaf gave a less than stellar performance at the 2010 GF (I think it was 2010), and it still gets a mention this time of the year. It never ceases to amaze me that a genuine quality performer can have an off day and it's a hanging offence, yet most years they book rubbish artists who deliver rubbish performances, because that's all they do, and nobody seems to mind.
2011? :grinning:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Tbf though he did sound hideous. Like a gorilla with its nuts caught on the fence.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Should get Kodak Black.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbf though he did sound hideous. Like a gorilla with its nuts caught on the fence.
Beyond Woeful indeed..recall sometime around that period Kiss were putrid too, could argue with some of these singers/groups you gotta know when to fold 'em ...

Maybe unpopular but I'd question the genuine quality performer rating too was not near a favourite of mine.In fact Meat did his best work acting as the crying guy with massive manboobs in Fight Club :tearsofjoy:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Beyond Woeful indeed..recall sometime around that period Kiss were putrid too, could argue with some of these singers/groups you gotta know when to fold 'em ...

Maybe unpopular but I'd question the genuine quality performer rating too was not near a favourite of mine.In fact Meat did his best work acting as the crying guy with massive manboobs in Fight Club :tearsofjoy:
I liked some of Meatloaf's songs but I don't know what he was doing that grand final day, it was way worse than pub karaoke.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't see it but read Robbie Williams tore it up at the gayfl GF..did a Tribute song for Warnie and one for John Farnham..supreme entertainer that fella.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many decent Aussie bands out there trying to make a name for themselves in metalcore/prog metal circles.

If they really wanted to make a riot of Grand Final Day, get Steel Panther to come early for their tour and have them and Nekrogoblikon perform :D

That said if Jimmy got up on stage and did this, it'd break the internet.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WGAFF!

I just want to watch the game being played and Panthers put a cricket score on them.