NRL Grand Final Entertainment.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be turning on the telly 30 seconds before the scheduled start. That way I'll avoid the pre-game "entertainment", the speeches, the back slapping, the national anthem, the oh so patronizing welcome-to-country ceremony, and get to watch the one thing I've tuned in for - the football!
I do that on state of origin, except I turn on the TV about 10 minutes after scheduled time, and usually they're still fucking about.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll watch the reserve grade state championship thingy if Bulldogs V Devils but the rest is easily missable.

They've stuffed it up by not having it as a whole of the day festivity with afternoon GF... and now disrespecting the reserve grade GF.

Hope we win today for a few of our fellow Kennel Bulldog supporters who are in our hearts today doing it tough.
I'll watch NSW Cup vs Qld Cup championship game if we make it then tune out until the kick off of the NRL GF.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Appears Robbie Williams put a good show yesterday and so bravo to the AFL, but at the same time, I also couldn't give a rats about the "entertainment", even if I was at the game. The entertainment is what is happening for 80 minutes from kick off to final whistle.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
issue is Wendy it’s been done literally only a few years ago with Barnsey playing… something different is needed each year
Exactly right. Not that it bothers me as I usually tune out of all the pre game and half time entertainment/bullshit commentary.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Appears Robbie Williams put a good show yesterday and so bravo to the AFL, but at the same time, I also couldn't give a rats about the "entertainment", even if I was at the game. The entertainment is what is happening for 80 minutes from kick off to final whistle.
I only ever watch the footy too..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks NRL for not importing American trash for our game.

Greenturd would be gagging to bring in Macklemore again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll watch NSW Cup vs Qld Cup championship game if we make it then tune out until the kick off of the NRL GF.
Well we don't need to worry till first grade kick off now sadly.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Barnes is a scrub but the only people that care about GF entertainment are people that would like him.
Exactly. Who gives a fuck? They could gsve puppetry of the penis doing the pre game show for all I care.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'll watch the reserve grade state championship thingy if Bulldogs V Devils but the rest is easily missable.

They've stuffed it up by not having it as a whole of the day festivity with afternoon GF... and now disrespecting the reserve grade GF.

Hope we win today for a few of our fellow Kennel Bulldog supporters who are in our hearts today doing it tough.
I prefer the night time grand final, tbh.

But they should still have Flegg and Cup on the program. They could still have NRLW gf too. Make a whole day of it.

Last edited: