NRL Grand Final Day| Non Bulldogs Team Lists & Discussions

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was Mitchell Pearce off contract or still contracted with the Roosters when he went over to the Knights?
I think he was contracted and got the shits when they signed Cronk. The rorters had on their books both SOO halfbacks. Nothing to see here salary cap auditors. Let's turn our attention to manly and parra :grinning:

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyhoo...on other related conspiracy theories...

Listened to Bill Harrigan at half time on MMM. He said the “way that the game is being officiated tonight” has favoured the Roosters. He claimed BOTH sides offside, but Roosters did it “better” than the storm, and only copped 1 penalty.
So for all the dick sucking that’s going on about how well the Chooks played in the first half, let’s consider how the match would have gone if 4-5 penalties were blown in the first 20 mins when the Chooks were all over the storm.....

Not that I give a shit either way, but goes to show how much influence the refs have on the outcome. I bet my left one in a regular season match those penalties are blown.
Like the Dogs v Redcliffe game they were offside the whole 1st half but nothing done that's why the scores were so close. 2nd half we got offside penalties & scrubbed them off the field

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he was contracted and got the shits when they signed Cronk. The rorters had on their books both SOO halfbacks. Nothing to see here salary cap auditors. Let's turn our attention to manly and parra :grinning:

Meanwhile we were fielding a team with several rookies and worrying about our cap situation lol

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile we were fielding a team with several rookies and worrying about our cap situation lol
Before tonight, I did not know salary cap auditor Schubert was an ex Chooks (and in fairness, some other clubs too) player. Seriously, this fuckin nrl. Head of refs has a brother as a direct report. Salary cap chief was an ex fuckin player. What next. Why not get a betting organisation to be a major sponsor. Oh wait.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wondering how Russell Crowe is feeling about Luke Keary now.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Money can’t buy you happiness.

But it buys you a Premiership.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Considering most clubs budget and plan for the cap atleast 3 to 4 years in advance(except our ex fuckwits), i find it extremely hard to believe a club would have enough space in a OFFSEASON to sign 2 marquee players especially the quality of Tedesco and Cronk.

This year the rorters re-signed
Nat Butcher (2020), Boyd Cordner (2023), Jake Friend(2020), Luke Keary (2021), Isaac Liu (2021), Joseph Manu(2020), Latrell Mitchell (2020), Victor Radley (2023), Zane Tetevano (2019)
and the majority of these players "should" of received a healthy upgrade, though they still had cap space to sign Crichton, Brett Morris & Hall while they are already talking about signing Munster for 2020

Get the fuck outta here

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering most clubs budget and plan for the cap atleast 3 to 4 years in advance(except our ex fuckwits), i find it extremely hard to believe a club would have enough space in a OFFSEASON to sign 2 marquee players especially the quality of Tedesco and Cronk.

This year the rorters re-signed
Nat Butcher (2020), Boyd Cordner (2023), Jake Friend(2020), Luke Keary (2021), Isaac Liu (2021), Joseph Manu(2020), Latrell Mitchell (2020), Victor Radley (2023), Zane Tetevano (2019)
and the majority of these players "should" of received a healthy upgrade, though they still had cap space to sign Crichton, Brett Morris & Hall while they are already talking about signing Munster for 2020

Get the fuck outta here
They are taking the piss, honestly.. and people wonder why the NRL is losing the fans

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t like either side but I can’t stomach the Roosters winning due to their roster?
How can you sign Cronk and Tedesco they lose Pearce, but next year they lose Ferguson replace him with Morris and Hall, they sign Crichton (current state of origin) and lose Matterson???

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t like either side but I can’t stomach the Roosters winning due to their roster?
How can you sign Cronk and Tedesco they lose Pearce, but next year they lose Ferguson replace him with Morris and Hall, they sign Crichton (current state of origin) and lose Matterson???
Actually they could have kept Pearce (of course), it was him who chose to leave

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL finals system is a joke, should be done like the premier league. Home and away who ever finishes with the most points wins.

We got dudded in 2012, were by far the best team but the finals is down to which ever team gets the 50/50s, injuries and who can manipulate the refs on the day.

Top 8 should play for silverware in a finals like tournament but not as prized as the premiership.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was satisfying to see Melbourne implode though, Latrell dominated Chambers all night.

Funniest moment when Addo-Car got slammed over the side line, tried to ark up and then realised it was Warea-Hargreaves and backed down quickly

And ofcourse Jake Friend rubbing it in to the Storm by running backwards in the dying seconds.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was satisfying to see Melbourne implode though, Latrell dominated Chambers all night.

Funniest moment when Addo-Car got slammed over the side line, tried to ark up and then realised it was Warea-Hargreaves and backed down quickly

Now why couldn't they have put in an effort like that for the 2012 GF, we would have put 50 on 'em