News NRL: Former Bulldog reveals Sonny Bill Williams was an “apologetic kid” when he walked out on the Bulldogs

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
SBW is all about $$$, Only loyalty he has is to himself. He betrayed us and was the start of players breaking contracts. I Doubt he will be a hit again in nrl as his shoulder charge is banned and if he plays anything like he did for super league he will be a flop. Media frenzy on him will be his only positive

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. Fk SBW

2. Morrin not the sharpest tool in the shed but 56 FG games ain’t nothing to sneeze at

I’d be happy to have played one!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Morrin can fuck right off, $BW is a ****! He fucked us over and to go to rooster then win a premiership is running in our faces. Fuck that funny.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morrin must still have blood poisoning when he bit the eel years ago sbw is a traitorous rat and what's worse he wears a rorters jumper with pride

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morrin living his life as the "Guy who once played with SBW"...
He's playing with a part of him with these comments.

I've got no idea why Morrin felt the need to act as an apologist for a player that gave zero loyalty to his team-mates all those years ago. Especially since I identify the guy as someone that was extremely loyal to the club. All I know is that I'm sick to death of hearing about the scumbag and he hasn't even played an NRL game yet. Feels like it's time for the media to find some other player to cream over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a good friend of mine and an absolutely top bloke too that would do anything for people
I have nothing against Morrin, but it's easy to be loyal when your options are limited.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he wasn't an apologetic kid he went on tv to talk shit about folkes and why what he was doing was justified

he was unapologetic and morrin is the provider of a fake narrative that the media want for him now, so if people want to criticise him its ok

if sonny just said he needs the money and he is sorry then its a better way to end it but he blamed the club and folkes to shift the blame away from himself

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
he wasn't an apologetic kid he went on tv to talk shit about folkes and why what he was doing was justified

he was unapologetic and morrin is the provider of a fake narrative that the media want for him now, so if people want to criticise him its ok

if sonny just said he needs the money and he is sorry then its a better way to end it but he blamed the club and folkes to shift the blame away from himself
Just Politis using his influence with mates in the media to make sure his prize is recorded as a hero of some sorts, and how the Dogs are not the sort of team any player would want to sign up with.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Hold the freaking phone...

Sonny, try playing for $55,000
By James Hooper, The Sunday Telegraph
June 1, 2008 12:00am

1598998688501.png

BRAD Morrin is the NRL's version of blue collar - an honest toiler on $55,000 a year who labours to feed a family and pay a mortgage.
You won't see Morrin complaining, though. He's not the type. But for Bulldogs fans it's hard to ignore the different financial and contractual perspectives of the club's back-rowers.

On one side of the kennel is the petulant Sonny Bill Williams, who tells us he's unhappy and underpaid earning $525,000 a season.
We're told Williams wants out of the club, wants to be an All Black and, of course, wants more money.

On the leaner side of the Bulldogs' pay-packet pasture is Morrin, the loyal forward so desperate for a new deal at the Dogs he told his manager not to bother looking anywhere else.

Just get it done and try to get him a bit more at the end of each week than he's on now.

Morrin subsidises his income with a TAFE scholarship in business organised through the Bulldogs.

He runs his south-western Sydney home on a single income with a mortgage and a new son, Riley, born 9.9pounds last week. Williams is on $2.6million over the next five seasons.

Despite the circumstances, you won't see Morrin whining. It's not his style.

"If you're playing regular first grade, I don't think the minimum wage is probably enough when you compare it to other sports,'' Morrin said.

"I just think the gap between the highest paid player and the minimum $50,000 is probably a bit much.

"But I've got a pretty good lifestyle, I'm doing what I love, so I could never complain.

"I don't begrudge anyone getting money. It's just what you put into it you sometimes feel like you don't get out of it.''

Morrin is at pains to explain he doesn't resent top players earning their market value. What cuts him is overpaid and overrated rivals.

"The worst is when you see blokes at other clubs and you know what they're on and you feel they're only going as good as you,'' Morrin said.

"That's what pisses me off. Sometimes you can't afford the rego. It gets a bit scary when you're having to think about it the day before a game. That's not ideal.''

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg hopes to hold conciliation talks with Williams' agent Khoder Nasser in the next seven days.

Morrin's new contract, hopefully a slightly upgraded one, will be tended to over the next month.

"I've got a house, a wife and kid and I've got mates who are labourers earning more than me,'' Morrin said.

"And they all ask me to buy them drinks when we go out and stuff.

"I'm in the middle of negotiating a new contract so we'll see what happens there.''

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So Brad Morrin tells SBW that he's not complaining about earning $55,000 in 2008, then SBW walks out the next month. Now, Brad Morrin says that he used to sneak out to watch SBW play first grade if he (Morrin) was playing in the reserves?

Yeah right!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Fk SBW. Money grabbing c***. Still remember the day he walked out. I'll never forgive him. Nice to see he's still trophy hunting and money grabbing at the roosters.

Malla

Reaction score
So Brad Morrin tells SBW that he's not complaining about earning $55,000 in 2008, then SBW walks out the next month. Now, Brad Morrin says that he used to sneak out to watch SBW play first grade if he (Morrin) was playing in the reserves?

Yeah right!
Hey bro, Morrin put his heart and soul into his 56 first grade games with us! Becareful what you say about him!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But, but he rang and apologised to explain he was forced into it. He was so undervalued at the thieving Bulldogs, and evil coach, who were taking advantage of him.

He told us he had no other choice but to skip out at midnight. He was so young.

"The story behind the SBW–Nasser affiliation is an interesting one. Williams was looking for Nasser’s business acumen to lead him out of the mess he felt he was in.

At the time, Williams felt duped, having signed a long-term ‘safe’ deal following what he perceived as dubious team medical advice about his troublesome knee.

Initially Nasser refused, instead advising him for months on end in an informal capacity. Nasser’s reasoning? He felt that his own negative perception would impact heavily on SBW’s brand. Eventually the clandestine relationship matured to a public one, pioneering the profession of ‘freelance footballer’.

Khoder Nasser represents Sonny Bill Williams and Quade Cooper.
Khoder Nasser represents Sonny Bill Williams and Quade Cooper.
The strategically managed exit from the Canterbury Bulldogs was controversial and expensive. Yet, when asked whether paying the team from Belmore a $750,000 contract settlement was worth it, the defiant manager simply laughs. But keep in mind, his latest deal in Toronto was not for the widely reported number, but rather, 3/4 of that eight-figure sum.

The canniest agents are playing an increasing role in managing their clients. From daily debriefs, to organising investments, to directing a player to ignore phone calls from their coach, or even a supercoach. All to ensure their strategy to extract every potential dollar ensues. This defiant attitude may be offensive, but time has proven its efficacy".

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the SBW propaganda machine is in full swing. Well done roosters you have everybody like a fiddle

hate him or love him it will get ppl watching rooster games...