NRL Footy Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I only watch NRL360 and Matty show

What’s happened to Sterlo show? Got the arse ?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
was There an article with Molan playing victim blaming sexism as to why the new show is doing shit?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Sterlo show wasn’t that good, the one on ones were quite cringe at times and Corey Parker was a fkn idiot on the panel.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Sterlo works for 9 now. he is on the sunday footy show with Erin Molan.

I watched it today it is 100x better than the Thursday footy show

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Was episode 2 any different?

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so much a footy show but The Back Page is a great show. Always seem to get a good laugh and a wrap of the sports from around the world.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not so much a footy show but The Back Page is a great show. Always seem to get a good laugh and a wrap of the sports from around the world.
Bill and Boz is also good if you can sit through Boz laughing lol.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the second episode on the app.

• Coffee table is gone which is good, but it still looks really awkward having them sit in those tiny arm chairs
  • Opening segment was decent
    • Benji talking about being back at the Tigers somewhat interesting
    • Standard interview with Slater for his 300th game luckily he was on video link as there was no spare chair
  • Second segment pretty much the same as the first - starts to get stale
    • Pretty monotone interview with Thaiday
    • Upcoming game chat about Broncos
  • Third segment - ugh
    • Beau Ryan with Konrad Hurrell - awkward and awful
    • Upcoming game chat about Manly
  • Fourth Segment - really bored by now
    • Showed Joey doing his post try celebration smoking the ball like a bong - episode highlight for sure
    • Warriors chat
    • Small Talk - never minded this segment and I think it is good they kept it because kids are the future of the game
  • Fifth Segment
    • Finally some Bulldogs/Roosters chat but it only lasted about 30 seconds before they moved onto the raiders game which they spoke about about for about the same amount of time
    • Good and the bad segment each panellist nominates a good and bad thing from the previous round - didn't mind this but yeah still so monotonous
  • Sixth Segment - fk me feels like a lot of ads
    • Pretty much just Joel Caine betting crap then the show ended

The show is just overall incredibly budget and boring. I don't know if I am going to bother watching it on the app anymore, it just feels like a waste of time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently ratings are falling at an astounding rate.

Both it and AFL Footy Show on 9.

Guaranteed it still wins a Logie though.
It helps that nine owns the logies and get to pick who they go to. I forgot it was on. I'm not sad that I missed it.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently ratings are falling at an astounding rate.

Both it and AFL Footy Show on 9.

Guaranteed it still wins a Logie though.
I watched the show mainly because of its variety and novelty. A sprinkle of football was ok. I liked fattu because he was adlib. Stupid sometimes, funny other times.

Ive watched it twice this year and not anymore. Awkward viewing, depressing set, no laughter.

Toodiloo!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to just piss the whole panel / footy expert chat rubbish approach and just show every games highlights from the previous round with no commentary whatsoever.

They can also throw in some junior / lower division highlights to cap it off.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Erin facing the axe? Channel Nine under pressure to bring back Paul ‘Fatty’ Vautin to replace Molan as Footy Show host as fans savage the programme and ratings plummet

Channel Nine's The Footy Show is said to be ratings disaster, particularly in Sydney, with only an average audience of 77,000.

And now the network is facing pressure by fans to reinstate veteran host Paul 'Fatty' Vautin, following Erin Molan's promotion this year.

A Facebook petition, titled 'Footy show boycott, Bring back the Fat', has attracted close to 24,000 likes, and seen a common thread of viewers wanting the blonde beauty to be axed.

A post shared to the social media site earlier this month, saw die-hard Footy Show fans urging for the sports program to be 'brought back to life'.

'We are boycotting the footy show to bring it back to life, get rid of [Erin] Molan and bring back Fatty Vautin, he was treated with disrespect and we aren't watching the show without him,' the post began.

'Since Molan came on, the Footy Show went down hill and turned more into a drama than what it's [to be] about.

'Why they're at it they can bring back crack a fat, if enough people jump on board I will be sending our protest/boycott to nrl footy show producer and channel nine, I believe this will be the last year of the footy show if Erin stays,' they went on to say.

Viewers flocked to the comments section, with one writing: 'Bring back the fat and the big marn [Darryl Brohman]. Get rid of Molan and the other PC stooges.'

Another followed suit with: 'Haven't watched it without him [Paul Vautin] on the show and won't.'

However some appeared to sit on the fence, with one posting: 'With no disrespect to Erin Molan I definitely miss 'THE FAT' The show just isn't the same.'

Daily Mail Australia has reached out to the Nine Network for comment.

The petition comes amid plummeting ratings for the show, with a steady 26 per cent decline since last year.

Thursday night's episode drew in an average audience of 77,000 in Sydney, following on from 82,000 in the second week, and 88,000 in the premiere week.

And on Friday, Beau Ryan, 32, who was a regular on the panel, admitted on The Kyle and Jackie O Show, that he has no idea whether he's set to return.

'I don't know if you have seen our show but I haven't been on lately, I don't know what's going on,' he told co-hosts Kyle Sandilands and Jackie 'O' Henderson.

'I've been doing the Stan stuff last night, I've been working with you guys, I haven't been on the show for the last few weeks,' Beau said.

'I didn't get a chair obviously in the first week, which I don't care about, that's all good we will get one.'

'Are you on next week?' Jackie 'O' Henderson asked.

'I don't know, so I don't know what's going on,' Beau repeated before joking: 'I told them my focus was on radio.'

By Kristy Johnson and Hannah Paine For Daily Mail Australia

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly they should just kill it off completely.

Fatty isn't the answer as the reason they put Erin in and axed Fatty was due to dwindling ratings.

They've tried the complete cleanout and that hasn't worked. Time to just put it to the sword.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh.

There must be a dozen sports panel shows better than it, including ones on fta.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Footy shows suck.

I find that ad disgusting tbh
I find all betting ads disgusting tbh. The one where the husband is lying to his wife about talking to work after getting a call about fucking gambling is even worse.

Gambling is a scourge on this game and society.

Status
Not open for further replies.