NRL fines Parramatta Eels $20,000 over concussion incidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE NRL has fined Parramatta $20,000, of which $10,000 has been suspended, over the club’s handling of three suspected concussion incidents.

Announcing the fines, NRL head of football Todd Greenberg said the Eels had acknowledged their process had been flawed in dealing with the cases — one involving hooker Nathan Peats — from their round-three match against the Warriors in Auckland.

Greenberg said no action would be taken against South Sydney after investigation of the much-publicised incident involving halfback Adam Reynolds, who returned to the field to spark their round-two win over the Sydney Roosters.

The NRL also announced moves to tighten the concussion rules and clarify the guidelines for dealing with players suspected of having concussion.

“Under the strengthened rules, if a player falls to the ground without taking protective action or loses consciousness they are not to return to the field,” Greenberg said.

“There will be no need to undergo further assessments and tests the player is to sit out the rest of the match.

“This will take the pressure off club doctors because, if players exhibit these signs it is compulsory that they are removed from the field and do not return.”

Parramatta responded to the sanction with a statement on Wednesday afternoon in which chief executive Scott Seward acknowledged they didn’t follow concussion guidelines to the letter.

“In the process, we also acknowledge that we did not follow one aspect of the code for assessing concussions, and we have already introduced new processes and additional training to ensure that we follow the NRL’s directive to the letter in all instances of possible concussion,” Seward said.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl...ussion-incidents/story-fni3ga7t-1227295930198

Of course the Rabbitohs dodge another bullet. The favoritism for that club just keeps on being exposed.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you get concussion on play marker now that it. So most teams are going to have to carry a extra play marker or utility.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep sounds like that if you "look concussed" you are off the field and can't return under any circumstances.

Sounds like it's going to be Another shit fight interpreting if someone looks concussed or not

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Greenberg said no action would be taken against South Sydney after investigation of the much-publicised incident involving halfback Adam Reynolds, who returned to the field to spark their round-two win over the Sydney Roosters."

Who woulda thort that.....

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still surprised isaac "lets fight at redfern you 12 year old ****" luke wasn't allowed to come back on last week.

He was only unconscious for 3 minutes, what's that convert to in bunny time?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes just saw this. Well so much for tightening and policing the concussion rules Mr Greenberg. Wonder if fans of other clubs are aware that Souths have got more positive decisions on this than anyone else.
Perhaps someone should plant the seed of discontent on the Parramatta fan forum seeing that have just got done. They have admitted culpability though.
If the officials saw the same vision of the Reynolds incident and the aftermath that I did, I honestly do not know how they can say he was not concussed.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds was f**ked, he couldn't stand up straight and fell over twice. No doubt he had concussion after that incident.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm still surprised isaac "lets fight at redfern you 12 year old ****" luke wasn't allowed to come back on last week.

He was only unconscious for 3 minutes, what's that convert to in bunny time?
Wasn't needed.

Souths subbed him with Gerard Sutton so all was good.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes just saw this. Well so much for tightening and policing the concussion rules Mr Greenberg. Wonder if fans of other clubs are aware that Souths have got more positive decisions on this than anyone else.
Perhaps someone should plant the seed of discontent on the Parramatta fan forum seeing that have just got done. They have admitted culpability though.
If the officials saw the same vision of the Reynolds incident and the aftermath that I did, I honestly do not know how they can say he was not concussed.
Let me just grab my gardening gloves - Anyone got a shovel?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenberg said no action would be taken against South Sydney after investigation of the much-publicised incident involving halfback Adam Reynolds, who returned to the field to spark their round-two win over the Sydney Roosters.
No way, those rules don't apply to Souths? I believe they made a emote for the way the NRL cater to Souths these days....... :moon:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The guys on Matty Johns show are discussing the concussion rule.Fletcher talks about what a club does if say in the case of Souths, Inglis is concussed in the first tackle of a grand final. Hindmarsh then immediately says "Burgess in the grand "....and then stops.Well what they do is take the bloke off. It didn't happen in 2014.Cannot understand still how Reynolds concussion was not dealt with more severely. The bloke was in no condition to return to the field, if they are fair dinkum about his welfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.