NRL FINALS WEEK 1 - Dogs vs Dragons Team List and Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggies15

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
people should be used to the fact we usually have bad games, but the grit and grind we go through to beat a team for me is better then being flamboyant but that's just my opinion

MrRobot

New Pup
Reaction score
No kicking game, and we can't kick conversions.

There's three elements to a team: backs, forwards and halves, and that last one is not working. I believe that if we are to win next week, it will be solely off individual brilliance + our forward strength. We can't kick conversions and we have absolutely no kicking game, so we're very limited in attack. This is going to be hard to watch next week if we don't change our entire plan.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Granted we didn't play well (though I wouldn't single out any single player), one key point though.... I'd question both the penalty kicks Dragons got to put the game in that position, and at least 3 other calls.

We where not great, but week to week, we seem to play at the level of our opposition. We won, we move on, if the refs are not complete dicks next week, we have a solid shot there.

(to Cook not running...... the guy made 59 tackles, I'm not sure he could have, and, damn his defence technique is amazing, we have to find a spot for him next year)
Yeah halfback

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
We had fuq all ball tonight, seemed to me anyway. And when we did have it, did not know what to do with it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from a super human effort from Nabuli our goal line defense was great. They had untold sets on our line and only cracked it once by a freakish effort.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apart from a super human effort from Nabuli our goal line defense was great. They had untold sets on our line and only cracked it once by a freakish effort.

pretty much this.

We do have the premiership defence for sure and shown tonight.

Attack we look the dumbest we ever looked entire season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty hard to deny that Marley.
I've been one of grubb's critics, but tonight he tried his ass off (overplayed, maybe) and mbye went missing.
Im not bagging him, but to say he stands up and Moses is a myth is completely off the mark.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No kicking game, and we can't kick conversions.

There's three elements to a team: backs, forwards and halves, and that last one is not working. I believe that if we are to win next week, it will be solely off individual brilliance + our forward strength. We can't kick conversions and we have absolutely no kicking game, so we're very limited in attack. This is going to be hard to watch next week if we don't change our entire plan.
Forwards strength? Lol. Our forward pack is massively overrated for how they are currently playing.

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
All I have to say is!!!!!!
SECTION 14
OFFSIDE
When offside 1. A player is offside except when he is in his own in goal if the ball touches, is touched, held or kicked, by one of his own team behind him.

Out of Play 2. An offside player shall not take any part in the game or attempt in any way to influence the course of the game. He shall not encroach within ten metres of an
opponent who is waiting for the ball and shall Retire ten metres immediately retire ten metres from any opponent who first secures possession of the ball.

[U]Placed onside 3. An offside player is placed onside if:[/U]
(a) an opponent moves ten metres or more with the ball.
(b) an opponent touches the ball without retaining it.
(c) one of his own team in possession of the ball runs in front of him.
(d) one of his own team kicks or knocks the ball forward and takes up a position in front of him in
(e) he retires behind the point where the ball was last touched by one of his own team.

Refs are ****ing cheats and Jarred Maxwell is the ****ing worst there is no debating black and white facts!!!
If that prick turns up in another Finals match the NRL have sunk to new low.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not bagging him, but to say he stands up and Moses is a myth is completely off the mark.

errmmm....ok

Moses is myth cos he or his manager thinks he can get 800ks in the open market.

great goal kicker and 5th tackle option, got tackeled again on the last tackle.

thank god reynolds had the kicking duties tonight.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it before the game and ill say it again.....we dont have the attack to win this premiership.....one out running by our forwards......honestly this is haslers pathetic tactics......our backs might as well not be playing......we must be the most boring team to watch

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Forwards strength? Lol. Our forward pack is massively overrated for how they are currently playing.
Agree,
I thought the piss weak dragons forwards held their own against our so called dogs of war,

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree,
I thought the piss weak dragons forwards held their own against our so called dogs of war,
Not hard when we telegraph EVERY SINGLE ****ING PLAY of the match.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tapau was at the game tonight wonder if that means anything

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our halves are a work in progress. I think they will come good but they need an off season to get things worked out. I still think a year with Carney in the team would be a good thing. He can kick goals too. I'm afraid from what I saw it is going to be tough next week. Although we play much better when expected to lose.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He walked in with lafais wife and partner
they must be good friends

Status
Not open for further replies.