NRL FINALS WEEK 1 - Dogs vs Dragons Team List and Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called him for MOTM before kick off..i guess some people would give a MOTM just for kicking a field goal so im kinda right i guess. Dunno who actually got it though.
Josh Morris

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a smoke screen for next week des is under the radar again lol

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
rips on mbye, reynolds and hodko... well hodko left now...kennels never happy, you cant be a young half with a promising future in the years to come... you have to be a young half who's good already... thats the only time the kennel will be happy i guess
Too much truth there. He's a rookie making rookie mistakes at times but that's to be expected. Too many ppl get caught up in paper talk which leads to player bashing

What The Bark?

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our kicking game is non existent. If we don't straighten that out, we'll be heading home next week.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS - my nerves a bloody shot. Watching at work with one eye on the game and the other on some major issues at work both which were touch and go. Luckily both ended up with positive results.

I didn't watch the game closely, but the dragons seemed to defend really well. It should be a different attitude from the boys next week with a tougher match expected from the roosters.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was Cook instructed not to run from Dummy Half?

the time in second half, cook got the ball and no defender within 20 m, he stood there doing nothing for few seconds looking at the graham what to do.

Fck Des is good at making our hookers look dumb on the field.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They need the biggest tune up on Monday straight to Midas

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes that last years finals game dogs vs melb look even better. We have better players so why are we playing poorer this finals. Hodko big loss.

Anyone saying we will play better as roosters a better team and a bigger game... this was a finals elimination match... how much bigger does it get. Roosters and melb played awesome.and wasnt even an elimination match lastnight.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters fans would've had an up and down night too.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the worst final games I've seen. All that defence and extra time isn't going to be great for next week. I'm not a Reynolds basher but lol at anyone saying he had an excellent game. Put in some very poor kicks which could have been costly. Did what was necessary at the end but that should be the norm.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We didn't offload much, spread the ball or do any set plays. Cook only ran once from dummy half, we just hit up and played safe...

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Granted we didn't play well (though I wouldn't single out any single player), one key point though.... I'd question both the penalty kicks Dragons got to put the game in that position, and at least 3 other calls.

We where not great, but week to week, we seem to play at the level of our opposition. We won, we move on, if the refs are not complete dicks next week, we have a solid shot there.

(to Cook not running...... the guy made 59 tackles, I'm not sure he could have, and, damn his defence technique is amazing, we have to find a spot for him next year)

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Terrible game, against a team that is damaged. If any other team played tonight against them it would have easily been 13+
Rooster next? well... after tonights game they would be fairly confident.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much truth there. He's a rookie making rookie mistakes at times but that's to be expected. Too many ppl get caught up in paper talk which leads to player bashing
I agree with you that we have to be patient with young halves and let them develop. Reynolds will need to be the dominant half in the partnership. Look at how Ben Hunt was brought through slowly by the Broncos and now he's killing it. We have to trust Mbye will come good if he re-signs with us

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thing out of our crap game is that we may be underestimated nextweek.

We were a totally brand new team last finals in 2014. Need to go up several levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.